Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

BTW now that you talk about typical grower error would be to burn your plants with first COB grows, how high I should hang my COB's from the canopy with 4 x Citizen 1212 CLU048's being bare without reflectors? I've used to something like 20 inches for early vegetation and 12 to 15 in generative period while doing LEDs. I bet I need to let there be more distance, but how much more would be good to start with?

BTW now that you talk about typical grower error would be to burn your plants with first COB grows, how high I should hang my COB's from the canopy with 4 x Citizen 1212 CLU048's being bare without reflectors? I've used to something like 20 inches for early vegetation and 12 to 15 in generative period while doing LEDs. I bet I need to let there be more distance, but how much more would be good to start with?
Hey med, to help you understand your new power what was the old light you had above?

50w of cobs is more powerful than most LED companies 300 claimed watts. So you basically have a mars hydro 1200 in there now lol for 200 watts at the wall. I have some specs on these 2 lights and the comparison is in extreme favor of the cob as far as light, spectrum and intensity goes.

Im not to familiar with grownorthern but I do know you can only get so much out of a watt, spectrum seems good but no single led is really outperforming these cobs by any significant amount.

Once the wattage part is thrown out the window a good starting point is probably 30". Watch the plants to see if they stretch or burn. Every strain is different, reflective or wall material, plant configuration all plays a huge roll in height. The other thing is you don't want to be over cautious and lose all the benefits of the light by having it way to high either. What I do is start around 30 and slowely lower it till I see the plants change. It takes time and effort to get dialed in but it's worth it. Google inverse square law to understand light intensity at different heights.

50w of cobs is more powerful than most LED companies 300 claimed watts. So you basically have a mars hydro 1200 in there now lol for 200 watts at the wall. I have some specs on these 2 lights and the comparison is in extreme favor of the cob as far as light, spectrum and intensity goes.

Im not to familiar with grownorthern but I do know you can only get so much out of a watt, spectrum seems good but no single led is really outperforming these cobs by any significant amount.

Once the wattage part is thrown out the window a good starting point is probably 30". Watch the plants to see if they stretch or burn. Every strain is different, reflective or wall material, plant configuration all plays a huge roll in height. The other thing is you don't want to be over cautious and lose all the benefits of the light by having it way to high either. What I do is start around 30 and slowely lower it till I see the plants change. It takes time and effort to get dialed in but it's worth it. Google inverse square law to understand light intensity at different heights.

Thank you man! Yeah my plan is to get my plants started with one HS1 as they do their infant stage and then switch on to full blast of 200w with COB's. I think I will do a grow diary on that one too. Mind if I let you know when I have it up bro? It sure sounds crazy that I basicly have Mars Hydro 1200 in my closet LOL

When I read this that's the first thought I had. Heck yeah man I'd love to follow along. Us cob guys need to stick together. An @BigSm0 will help.

I have a good eye in seeing how plants react to light so hopefully I can help you along a little too.

When I read this that's the first thought I had. Heck yeah man I'd love to follow along. Us cob guys need to stick together. An @BigSm0 will help.

I have a good eye in seeing how plants react to light so hopefully I can help you along a little too.

I appriciate it! I think I'll have it up at the DIY section because the purpose would be to really give a real world test on how this creation performs.

man,Im telling ya LOL full blast at three feet would scorch my plants really quick :) wanted to see that with my first grow to see what up. boom!! lol kinda potent at two feet some inches at full blast.they were NOT cool with that in the slightest LOL

Back