Indoor Short Stuff - StarDawg - Frogster Grow - 2019 Leg 2 Battle

Frogster

Ratiocinate Extraordinaire (look it up)
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
THC Bomb, G.S.C., Blackberry, Caramel, Euphoria, Amnesia, CandyDawg, Purple Stilton & Others

Short Stuff Logo.jpg

Hi & Welcome.... This will be my Journal for the "Short Stuff " Leg 2 Battle

First, A big thank you to Short Stuff for providing the test seeds.

They sent me a selection of seeds to test, but for this Battle I am going to (attempt to) grow out "StarDawg"

Seeds.jpg

:thanks:

I am looking forward to growing this, a relatively new strain.

She will be sharing my tent (photo below), with two other Girls.

tent-2-jpg.1048538

On occasion it maybe necessary to show photographs off the full tent, including the other plants sharing it, but I will try and keep this Journal focused on the "StarDawg".

If anyone is interested, a normal tent setup/startup for me (my goto setup), is detailed below.

Equipment Setup

Tent

2.4mt x 1.2mt x 2mt (Green Qube 1224)
Ventilation / Intake
Outside Air from Ground Level >>> Wall Hole Entrance with Bug Screen >>> Ducting >>> 5" Systemair High Volume Fan >>> (Enter Tent) 5" Ducting >>> Diffuser
Filtration / Exhaust
8" Rhino Pro Carbon Filter (800m/3) >>> Reduced to 6" Duct >>> High Velocity Systemair 6" (720m/3) >>> (Exit Tent) Acoustic Ducting >>> Wall Exit.
Main Lighting (for this grow)
8 x 3500k - 55wt Auto Cobs (@BigSm0 - Cobshop) with reflectors, as needed.
Reserve Emergency Lighting
600w 400v Dual HPS & 600w Mars Hydro LED (old style)
Environmental Control
Evolution Fan / Temp / Rh Controller
4ft Tower oscillating fan
Assorted other clip fans etc
Humidifier / Fogger with variable level, pumps cooling fog to plants
De-Humidifier
Home Built Humidifier / De-Humidifier Controller
PulseOne, Environmental logger.
V20 Air Pump
2000wt Oil filled Radiator, Tube Heaters and backup fan heater
Medium Etc
Dual Grow & Bloom Res with circulating pump, Autopot system, with inpot Airdomes
Ferro Nutrients (Regional Adjusted)
Addatives:- Charge, Plant Magic Mycorrhizae, Mammoth P
Canna Terra Pro Soil, Clay Pebbles, Additional Perlite
Other Bits & Bobs.

I have a few other "grow tools" in my cupboard that can be called upon if needed.

I always like testing out new stuff... or improvising bits and bobs to make something work how I want it to.....

So don't be surprised if I vary from the above during a grow.

Today is Germ Day

A single Short Stuff "StarDawg" seed was placed into a shot glass, with Ph'd water today.

Germ.jpg

The shot glass has been placed in a warm dark place, awaiting the seed to crack and a tail appear.

The seed will then be potted into a clear "Solo Cup" . She will remain in this cup until I judge her to have sufficient root development to enable me to transplant her into her final resting place (an Autopot with Airdome.), without inflicting to much shock...

Pull up a chair, roll a fat one, enjoy the ride.

:smokeout:

calling out to:- @CannaZone Tier 1 , @CannaZone Tier 2 , @CannaZone Tier 3 ,

:pass:

Last edited:
Any idea where we can get info on these strains?

I got the exact same package as yours. Looks like I'll do the Gorilla Bigfoot then!

Info is scarce at this time.... I couldn't find much at all.

They will be grown on the same schedule, feed, lights, etc, as the other plants in the tent, It will be a "Best Endeavours" Grow.

Unfortunately I have a failed germination.

1 more seed dropped as a replacement on the 30th April. Direct sown to soil.

Update

Tag @bushmasterar15

We now have a successful germination, from the reserve seed sown 4 days ago. .

But it is still very early days, especially as she needed a bit of help to shed her helmet.

But I will offer her all the assistance I can, and hope she grows past it.

She just been relieved of her stuck helmet in this photo.

4 days from seed.jpg

Update Day 14

Tag:- @bushmasterar15 for Short Stuff
Tag:- @Mañ'O'Green for Lighting
Tag:- @archie gemmill for General

This is my replacement seed, as noted in the previous posts - the first seed failed germination.

Still residing in my propagator at present, another few days before being transplanted to an Autopot

She had a stuck helmet, but with luck she will pull through and develop when she hits the tent.

14 Days.jpg

Sharing a single 55w Autocob with 2 other plants (18.33 Wts per plant).

14 Days B.jpg

@CannaZone Tier 1 , @CannaZone Tier 2 , @CannaZone Tier 3 ,

Update Day 18

Today I transplanted the Short Stuff "AutoStarDawg" to it's final home.

Using my Autopots with Airdomes, the Airdomes are just 50% covered with washed clay pebbles.

Air dome.jpg

I then mixed up my standard tried and tested soil mix.

Soil Mix 1.jpg

50% Canna Pro Soil, with 25% added Perlite & 25% added washed pebbles, some charge and some Plant Magic Oldtimers "Mycorrhizae"

Soil Mix 2.jpg

All mixed well and the Autopots filled.

Watered with Ph'd water and the seedling potted.

Day 18 Potted.jpg

She was then transferred to the "shared" Grow Tent, under her own 55w Autocob.

Tent 16th May 2019.jpg

And here she will remain for the duration of the grow.

Hand watering with ph'd water and a a dash of Mammoth P. This will continue until I turn on the Autopots / Airdomes next week sometime.

@CannaZone Tier 1 , @CannaZone Tier 2 , @CannaZone Tier 3 , @bushmasterar15

Sorry if I passed over this info , but what's the medium mix that you use in the solo cup?

Have you ever used the old timers range of grow bloom and pk with the medium you use throughout the grow?

I am guessing that your airpump supplies all your pots , so in that case ,what do you consider to be the lpm of air to an individual pot ,that's if lpm is the correct term :toke:

Which brand of pebbles are you using

I asking as I going to be setting up a two autopot grow :pass:

Sorry if I passed over this info , but what's the medium mix that you use in the solo cup?

Have you ever used the old timers range of grow bloom and pk with the medium you use throughout the grow?

I am guessing that your airpump supplies all your pots , so in that case ,what do you consider to be the lpm of air to an individual pot ,that's if lpm is the correct term :toke:

Which brand of pebbles are you using
I asking as I going to be setting up a two autopot grow :pass:

Hi Hairy....

Medium in Solo Cup is sifted Canna Pro Soil, with some more Perlite (20%)
Nope... Never used any other stuff from "Old Timers", just the Plant Magic Oldtimers "Mycorrhizae" I have other stuff I use as additives to my basic Ferro Nutrient range.
I have a V20 air pump and run it full whack, I just share it between the pots I am using, in this grow it is 3 pots.
Clay pebbles are whatever I have to hand, but soak them to remove all dust and Ph'd down to about 5.5 before use.

Update

Tag:- @bushmasterar15 for Short Stuff Battle

The StarDawg now resides in my tent along with two other plants I am growing in this Leg 2 battle.

She has transplanted well, and will now start to take off as she is on the autopot and airdome, being fed/watered via res.

StarDawg 21st May 2019.jpg

Shared tent

All Pots 21st May 2019.jpg

Temps & Rh are on target.

Pulse 21st May 2019.jpg

Back