Photoperiod Sequoia Cherries by Dusted Bud Genetics (First Photoperiod Grow)

Got a question for you about photosensitive grows. If your light has a veg/flower switch, do you still need to reduce lighting to 12/12 to trigger flowering, or can you continue to give 18 hr's of light using just the flower spectrum?

Got a question for you about photosensitive grows. If your light has a veg/flower switch, do you still need to reduce lighting to 12/12 to trigger flowering, or can you continue to give 18 hr's of light using just the flower spectrum?
You have to reduce your light to 12/12 to get a photoperiod to flower.

Thanks, so is there a benefit for using the veg/flower switch?
The veg switch is mostly blue lights which is more beneficial in vegetative growth which mimics increasing sun, the bloom switch has more red light in it to simulate a sun that is starting to move closer to the equator and is expressing more red wavelength which helps plants more in flower. Myself when I have a grow light with both, I use both switches the whole time

Day 28
She's starting to shape properly for a bonsai finally
EdRBfxQ.jpg

Day 31
I have her where I want her and it's time to start taking off 2 or 3 of the extra branches and the tops are going to be ready to clone in another 2 days. So I am planning on making another bonsai mother and opening my 24x24x36 in tent with hopefully 4 plants trained in 3 gallon pots that should be able to be done by christmas if flower time is 45 days

BGElKnP.jpg

KgUrjEp.jpg

tYmjPNR.jpg

Day 31
I have her where I want her and it's time to start taking off 2 or 3 of the extra branches and the tops are going to be ready to clone in another 2 days. So I am planning on making another bonsai mother and opening my 24x24x36 in tent with hopefully 4 plants trained in 3 gallon pots that should be able to be done by christmas if flower time is 45 days

BGElKnP.jpg

KgUrjEp.jpg

tYmjPNR.jpg
Nice Cherry Bonsai Grow so far, interesting to see

Today is Day 36
On day 33 I took my first set of 4 clones. I snipped at a 45 degree angle and put them in rooting powder then in a rapid rooter then in a solocup and a plastic bag over it. 3 days later 2 are doing perfect and 2 are droopy with the center leaves and some new side shoots standing upright just fine. I do not foresee any issues and hope they will all turn out just fine. I plan to let the clones root for a few weeks in the solo cups and when they are nice and well rooted I'll move them to 3 gallon pots in a 24x24c36 in tent and grow out a bit bigger and switch to flowe for a small sog grow and perpetually grow this and start another bonsai in that tent big for rotation

Here she is today on day 36
DV7QGcM.jpg

I should have more clones in a week

Heres the pics from clone day

Back