Indoor Senseimillan Presents Grow Log 9/17 (Crystal Candy Auto / Auto Jedi Kush)

@912GreenSkell LOL dude I didn't know they were that long, been so busy didn't bother to check on them. I had originally intended to plant them Tuesday but when I checked the calendar that was a no go, with the moon cycle switching over. We won't have to wait long to see if it hurt them but honestly with vigor like that I'm not worried at all and I'm going to feed and train her aggressively.

This is a copy of the lunar calendar I am planting by this year. I will only do my garden tasks when they fall on beneficial days to do so.
There is a Northern Hemisphere version and a Southern Hemisphere version. I obtained the calendars via Kannabia Seed Company newsletter and I hope they don't mind me sharing them here.

sr9hDV5.jpg

WVi1NSr.jpg

can you explain this a bit more? this wouldn't really matter for indoor growing would it?

Taking a seat pal, interested in your thinking with culturing soil organisms, now excuse my lack of knowledge but are you using the rice and mullet to feed the mould ? Edit reread it you are I think, OK so are you going to make a tea with that or just put it in the soil?another edit , you are putting it in the soil :thumbsup: ,sorry ,good luck subbed :biggrin: and :welcome: and great thinking with the pea gravel I think :smoking: I just know I going to have to try these things

Last edited:
Hey everyone thanks for stopping by and asking questions, @rayuki @hairyman welcome to the show.

can you explain this a bit more? this wouldn't really matter for indoor growing would it?

So the theory behind lunar planting is that water is heavily influenced by the moon.

This is paraphrased from http://www.gardeningbythemoon.com/phases.html

This moisture in soil is influenced by the gravitational pull of the moon. The concept of planting by lunar cycle is as old as agriculture itself. There's a lot of folklore and superstition involved but it's also backed up by "scientific ideas" whatever that means.

"The Earth is in a large gravitational field, influenced by both the sun and moon. The tides are highest at the time of the new and the full moon, when sun and moon are lined up with earth. Just as the moon pulls the tides in the oceans, it also pulls upon the subtle bodies of water, causing moisture to rise in the earth, which encourages growth. The highest amount of moisture is in the soil at this time, and tests have proven that seeds will absorb the most water at the time of the full moon."

I'm by no means an expert, I'm just experienced, and I've never had a happier healthier garden since I began learning about permaculture and biodynamic farming techniques. Both of these terms can be searched and you can join in with me as I learn more about the world around me.

Taking a seat pal, interested in your thinking with culturing soil organisms, now excuse my lack of knowledge but are you using the rice and mullet to feed the mould ?

Thanks for stopping by and bombing me with likes. :bump:

You are correct, I am using the grains to feed the fungus and multiply it. I can keep adding food for it and it will grow and grow and I can add it to my soil or teas. Increasing fungal populations in your soil during flower production will increase size and flavor. This is because it increases availability of minerals like phosphorus and potassium and silica, among others, from the soil. When you're building soils, if you are considering what fungi like, they like brown woody things. I like to add organic vanilla bean cases and alfalfa straw and things like that in the upper layers of my no till to keep my fungi happy. Stay tuned for future entries to see that go down.

@hairyman I checked on the grains and instead of growing the white fuzzy fungus I was looking for, black mold took over. Instead of opening it and exposing my air to it, I discarded in the trash. I will show you how I collect it from wild soil in the next couple of days.

That's something I should mention: I'm trying to collect WHITE fuzzy looking hairy looking fungus. I don't know it's scientific name. Anyway, black mold/green mold is not what I'm trying to collect for my purposes and can be hazardous to humans and gardens alike.

Here's an article I saved to my personal archive (converted to png for your viewing pleasures):
qzBEZ4B.png

zeLMMn8.png

AhanZzP.png

vguLXdK.png

eNJgFYO.png

From discussions I've had with other growers and from what I've read, the consensus among no till growers is that Cannabis enjoys a healthy mix of fungus and bacteria. During the vegetative stages I use bacterial dominant teas and switch to fungal dominant teas once the stretch is finished. But also keep in mind that I inoculate my soil with fungus pre-planting so I never am really worried if my soil has enough.

I got this spreadsheet from my instafam @greenkingorganics last month and it's a HUUUUUGE new resource in this no-till game. I dream of adding additional info when I have time, but it's pretty damn comprehensive.

Note: values in your actual available inputs may vary slightly, but the ratios are likely pretty accurate.

Oh man, you are the one i am looking for! The force is strong with you!!
I need time to absorb all the input you put in!! I am just uhm speechless...

Teach me the ways of the dark side Master!

Thanks for sharing that pal, I have started using a product that contains bacteria and rhyziomes (plant explosion) as a soil addative , but have been thinking about brewing it up in molasses to use as a feed and soil conditioner which should save me having to purchase some more as I will have a mother culture a bit like when you make yeast for soda bread , I am thinking it is what you are doing from scratch i guess ,exept you are actually sourcing the bacteria yourself, very good :thumbsup: . looking forward to your posts :cheers:

Back