Indoor Senseimillan Presents Grow Log 9/17 (Crystal Candy Auto / Auto Jedi Kush)

1:11 am, sanding the cabinet is done (just a quick 220 grit), first coat of paint done and cleaned up.

PuodH8t.jpg

Sorry about the bad lighting, it's nighttime!

I am using Behr Premium Plus Interior Semi-Gloss Enamel Ultra Pure White because it has zero VOCs. The semi-gloss enamel I chose instead of matte because this paint should hold up better against humidity. I'm also hoping it will photograph nicely (after another coat or two). (Edit: I LOVE this paint. It's water based which means the drops I spilled on the carpet cleaned up real easy. The roller I washed out with water, no thinner or varnish necessary. However, I think I would actually use a primer coat if I do it again.)

My plan for Mk. II is actually a zero VOC high gloss epoxy that should shine like glass. I really wanted to use it this time around but I used up my budget on 8x quantum board with drivers and heatsinks etc blah blah blah you know the story.

Because the QB304s I'm using have multiple small points of light I don't have to be concerned about hotspots from a glossy paint job inside the cabinet as there is not one source of high intensity light to generate a hotspot to begin with.

I paid extra for Columbia Forest Products Purebond plywood because it also has zero VOCs. If you notice there are no holes cut anywhere for ventilation. I haven't decided how I'm going to exhaust this cabinet yet. I am thinking of building a low profile inline carbon filter to attach my 6" hyperfan to. I plan on enclosing the hyperfan and building a muffler into the cabinet. I know these will take up valuable interior space, so I am going to do my best to minimize the impact.

Then it'll be time to assemble the led lights and get the crystal candy auto and auto jedi kush seedlings in there where I can subject them to lst and scrog training.

Last edited:
@912GreenSkell make yourself comfy, come by whenever you got time, the door's always open!

Must be done today list:
  • Paint inside of cabinet with zero voc paint.
  • Buy hinges & latch.
  • Tin leads on meanwell hlg-320h-2800b(s), potentiometer(s), resistor(s), etc.
  • Figure out which way I'm going to wire the light(s) (Parallel or Series or a pair of Parallel Series) ??? Any suggestions? I'm thinking 700mA per board should be perfect because I'll be running so close to the canopy. What I am having trouble deciding is whether to run 4 boards per driver wide open or 2 boards per driver dimmed to 50%. (I have 8x QB304s to work with, 4x meanwell hlg-320h-2800b drivers). Either way for optimal light spread I'll be using 4 boards in my space.
  • Plant germinated seeds (I peeked and saw some tails poking. I want to get them into peat pots without having to disentangle them from paper-towel scraps lol).
  • Take some photos/video.

• Prepare experiment: Organic Hulled Millet vs Organic Rice for culturing soil organisms
    • Already soaking hulled millet and organic rice in separate containers with alkaline water from my Santevia water jug. I've never checked the pH but it's supposed to be higher 8-9 pH.
    • Have some cuttings from a flower bush that didn't root but spawn some nice hairy white mold. I'm going to multiply this fungus in a more controlled way and add it to my soil later.
  • Prepare some FPE for feeding the first round of autos.

Priorities for 13/9/2017:
  1. Plant germinated seeds
  2. Tin leads
  3. FPE/FPJ
  4. Fungus cultivation

Last edited:
Browsing my thread I don't know how I managed to not reply to you guys. Thought I did. Anyway...!!!

@guerillagrower#65 thanks man, just trying to elevate my game on other levels, not just the garden. Thanks for the tip on the intro. I'm liking it here already.

Thanks bro for the rep, hope to earn more soon! Nice area code ;) maybe we're neighbors.

Thanks dude, live stoners will probably become a haunt as soon as I have more down time!
Thats why we are all here i think........always something to be learned or inspired by ....and everyones willing to help [emoji111] .....good luck with it

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks bro for the rep, hope to earn more soon! Nice area code ;) maybe we're neighbors.

Unless you are somewhere from Southeastern Europe, I don't think so :smoking:. 604 stands for GOA, as in goa trance :coco:. Like how organised your grow is, looks promising, keep up the good work :greenthumb:.

WxtgfRm.jpg

Here you can see the brown rice on the left and the millet on the right. No real point to testing this, just had a little bit of both grains sitting around since I went paleo and why the hell not. I put them in a shadowy spot under the couch. The fungus will colonize the grains and then I can use the grains to inoculate my soil.

12llv53.jpg

Here is some Fermenting Plant Juice I started a few weeks back. I can't even remember everything I put in it now. I know there was 2 tbsp of organic chia seeds, a splash of organic aloe inner leaf, some organic sweet potato peels, and organic baby spinach. I put in some water, throw an empty bag on top (with the air squeezed out) and let it sit for 2 weeks to a month. I'll use this diluted in water, maybe 1 tsp/L for the autos during veg and see how it goes.

This is a copy of the lunar calendar I am planting by this year. I will only do my garden tasks when they fall on beneficial days to do so.
There is a Northern Hemisphere version and a Southern Hemisphere version. I obtained the calendars via Kannabia Seed Company newsletter and I hope they don't mind me sharing them here.

sr9hDV5.jpg

WVi1NSr.jpg

Last edited:
2nd coat of paint on.

Got a bunch of replacement HEPA filters for a home air purifier that I'm going to re-purpose as intake filters. I got these for CHEEEEEEEEAP!!! $4.99 a piece usually $30+ each! The unit they belong to must've been recalled or discontinued or something. Bought 10 on impulse, definitely using them instead of the planned pantyhose filter lol.

Priorities:
  • Purchase 1/4 yard (191 L) (smallest amount allowed to buy) of 5mm bird's eye aggregate (pea gravel) for sub-irrigation and soil aeration from the construction supply place. ($12.50 for 191 L! Take that perlite! Fuck you!)
  • Purchase 1/4 yard (191 L) of washed fine sand. (Price unknown at this time)
  • Purchase 1 bag OIL DRI® (100% natural, kiln dried clay with no additives. The all natural minerals are frequently referred to as Fuller’s Earth.) ($14.99 for 40 lb bag)
  • Plant germ'd seeds, as per Lunar Calendar.
  • Cook substrate lasagnas.
I use pea gravel for sub irrigation and aeration because I hate perlite and it's cheeeeeeeap.

I'm going to build myself a low profile odor filter instead of using the 4" 145 CFM Green Planet Carbon Filter I bought for this build.

I was thinking about it today and have a few good ideas. The area of a 6" circle is 28.26 sq in. Let's assume the layer of carbon in the carbon filter is an inch thick on commercially available models. I think that's a safe estimation from my experience, and I can't be bothered to confirm it at this time.

If a 6" x 12" carbon filter (dimensions actually being 6" inner diameter, 8" external diameter) were unrolled and laid flat, it would have an estimated volume of about 301.56 cubic inches (25.13" x 12" x 1"). Call it 300 cu in. 300 cubic inches can be split up into easily workable dimensions.

I found this product at Lee Valley Tools several years ago but never ended up using it as intended. No better time than now to give it a go. This volcanic rock is called 'clinoptilolite,' it has ions trapped in micro pores that can be recharged with sunlight and salt water. I'm hoping I'll get more years of use out of a home made filter than from a commercial one. Not knocking commercial filters! I've used them exclusively until now, just wondering if there's a better way!

KA7umXI.jpg

Anyway better get to bed. Peace!

Last edited:
Picked up the pea gravel, sand, and clay, but also found a nice big bag of diatomaceous earth beside the clay for $15 so I bought that too.

Priorities for the day:
  • Make seedling mix and plant seeds
  • Prepare large containers of organic inputs and start the "cook" so it's ready for the next grow journal.
  • 3rd coat of paint
  • Design low profile odor filter and low profile exhaust muffler.
  • Crush clinoptilolite, currently pieces are too large for my preference.

Last edited:
It's a greeeeeeeaaaaat day! Seeds hit the dirt, Crystal Candy Auto looking fine and as expected. 4/5 beans poppin' and little turtle tails poking out.

hUlPrKc.jpg

The Auto Jedi Kush... well... these little ladies put the DO in the 'Do or do not; there is no try.' At 5 days in paper towel I have NEVER seen a plant develop this fast. All 5 popped and force pushing their way through all obstacles. I had to very carefully rip the paper towels in many places to not injure the delicate roots.

@912GreenSkell check this out man. What do you think?

kGpto05.jpg

AkTKzb1.gif

I think she'll survive the transplant process juussssssst fine. And I will most definitely be growing more Short Stuff strains.

ELzM12f.jpg

I didn't get around to making any seedling mix I just threw these seeds in some leftover Pro Mix Cactus Soil.

damn those are crazy seedlings for 5 days in the towel!! I am surprised you waited so long!! I usually plant when the tails are 1/8"-1/4" long. (24-48hours)

Back