seedling 🌱 in Australia

Reaction score
I am Sergio,l. I live in Gold Coast, Australia, and I think I made several mistakes when starting my germination. I tried germinating 2 Gorilla Auto seeds between wet paper towels. The seeds opened, showing the tip of the root, but the root never grew further. It just stayed like that with the seed open. I tried again with my last seed, and the same thing happened. Later, I realized that the paper towels were too wet. Additionally, it's currently 18 degrees in Gold Coast, which might have made the seeds even colder.I then put the seeds in soil to see what would happen, but nothing sprouted. I decided to buy 5 White Widow seeds from sacredseed.au, but I think I got scammed because they sent a letter through Australia Post without a delivery address. I went to Australia Post, but they said it might be fake and didn't have any information.I would like to ask for your advice. Could you recommend a reliable place to buy seeds? I also think I will try germinating them in soil instead of using paper towels.Have a great day. Thanks guys

Welcome to AFN. Don't feel bad, never had any luck with the paper towel method myself. How I do it now is a shotglass half full of water with 4 or 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide set on top f a cable tv box covered with a cardboard box. Usually tails in 12 to 36 hours then plant ( very carefully ).
With paper towels you can never be sue how clean the process of manufacturing was or if traces of chemicals are still pesent and when the roots pop out fine capillary hairs can get stuck in the towel and get ripped out.
I'd say main thing is to get your temp up to 80/85 degrees while germinating.
20240807_073108.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to AFN. Don't feel bad, never had any luck with the paper towel method myself. How I do it now is a shotglass half full of water with 4 or 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide set on top f a cable tv box covered with a cardboard box. Usually tails in 12 to 36 hours then plant ( very carefully ).
With paper towels you can never be sue how clean the process of manufacturing was or if traces of chemicals are still pesent and when the roots pop out fine capillary hairs can get stuck in the towel and get ripped out.
I'd say main thing is to get your temp up to 80/85 degrees while germinating.View attachment 1698809
:yeahthat: I germ in jiffy brand pellets in a humidity dome at 80°F and it works great. Just gotta make sure the pellets aren't too soaked or you'll suffocate them. I know some growers plant directly in the soil. It's really your preference and what you have available.

As far as seeds go, I know sweet seeds is based in Spain so you might have luck getting some. Great breeder, love the creme mandarin. @Sweet Seeds Apolo pops in occasionally. He might be able to point you to a vendor.

Last edited:
Nothing came up for sacredseed.au .......but sacredseed.com.au appears to be legit.

Nothing came up for sacredseed.au .......but sacredseed.com.au appears to be legit.
yeah I bought in sacred seeds.con.au but they give me a track number with out address. I went to australia post and they confirmed It hasn’t address. could you please recommend me a safe place to get seeds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Germ methods continue to be complicated by some starting out to grow our favorite medication. Allow me to add a simple, proven method of germing this simple seed and hoping for bountiful harvests.
My methods for over 2 decades, don't include soaking or paper towels and probably the simplest method known.
I've used several mediums, from BioBizz, Happy Frog, etc. I grow in 3 ltr pots so monster harvests are not a goal...just healthy and fruitful plants.
I simply place an untouched seed 1/4 inch deep in my chosen "moistened" medium, cover with a bottle top, place on a 80 degree heat pad and go smoke a joint or two. Mist the medium now and then. My germ percentage is 99%+.
I encourage all to follow their own methods that may work, may not but I've stuck to mine a long long time and have never seen a more successful method.
After germing, just remember your plant will survive a drought better than a flood, Refrain from over watering and pushing nutes too much. They're just a weed we smoke and are tougher than you think. If you worry that they're not growing, take a picture or two a few days apart. Here's to good growing and bountiful harvests!
Everyone have a good day and smoke a joint!

yeah I bought in sacred seeds.con.au but they give me a track number with out address. I went to australia post and they confirmed It hasn’t address. could you please recommend me a safe place to get seeds?

I've deleted that image from your post... absolutely no problem... except that tracking number is personal to you..... :headbang: ..so for your own safety...

Nice to see you out and about @automan2 :bighug:

Thanks Mossy! It's great to come and see whos still around. Only a few left of the originals. My latest hiccup is over and I'm back almost good as new....ummmm....well maybe just improved a little. Growing my meds are still my fav hobby with a kick.

G'Day @Checho Maria good to see another Aussie on board , The other members have given you good advice , I direct seed and have done so for many years without a problem , as far as seeds go , The big seed banks are the go , and if you pick a time , like Easter - Christmas - being high volume mail times lt is the best to get them , over the years I have only lost seeds 2 times by doing it this way , if it happens don't panic as I recon some one has pocketed them , as I have never had a confiscation notice , even though I get them anytime of the year , as for the Aussie seed banks I do not use , had mates that have had bad dealings with the over the years , Now I see you sent a Pm , but I can't seem to open it , I can help you out a number of ways , so when it is sorted we can talk there . @automan2 good to see you are back :thumbsup:

My dad taught me the paper towel method, but I have messed it up a couple of times so now I go even lower on the tech scale and put the seed in the soil (pod actually) and just water it 🤷 just make sure to spray it to keep it moist and keep a glass or similar over it until it has little leaves.

You are doing great, always good to have a couple of mistakes behind you, isn't it?

Back