Outdoor Seed and Breed Early Garden

Good move to deal with that quickly!
Keep a close eye, it's nasty.
The NL and Af look great, getting close.
And the others are doing their thing, too.
All the best!

I was pretty lucky that the weather has dried out and it hadn't spread too much. One fan leaf had the majority of one of the leaves with white milky coloring, removed that, and then the others I took off only had small spots developing. Probably 10 leaves removed in total.

Just gotta get em through two more weeks!

I was pretty lucky that the weather has dried out and it hadn't spread too much. One fan leaf had the majority of one of the leaves with white milky coloring, removed that, and then the others I took off only had small spots developing. Probably 10 leaves removed in total.

Just gotta get em through two more weeks!

You're doing great!

This is the topic of conversation on a lot of outdoor grow journals and battles right now.
We're all looking at our plants like sharp eyed eagles.

It's been fairly dry season for me here too.
Apart from getting skimmed by the edge of a typhoon last week, but luckily no problems there.
My Thai Gold is getting ready, but she is still bulking very slowly. Maybe a week or two...?
And my Jack Herer Auto is bulking nicely, but still quite a few weeks, maybe end of the month...?

Another great development, my collidal silver spray worked on both the NL and Afghani! I'll be getting some seeds out of this run :D

IMG_20200810_201531445.jpg
IMG_20200810_201540425.jpg
IMG_20200810_201545174.jpg

Another great development, my collidal silver spray worked on both the NL and Afghani! I'll be getting some seeds out of this run :D

View attachment 1222634View attachment 1222635View attachment 1222636

Nice work! Have you done any pollination before?

These seeds look like they are on the newest growth.
You'll need to let these branches stay on the plant for a while, at least 1 month, but preferably longer.
Wait until the seeds are almost falling out of their calyxes by themselves.
They'll be nice a dark, hard, by that time, and at their healthiest for later germination.

Nice work! Have you done any pollination before?

These seeds look like they are on the newest growth.
You'll need to let these branches stay on the plant for a while, at least 1 month, but preferably longer.
Wait until the seeds are almost falling out of their calyxes by themselves.
They'll be nice a dark, hard, by that time, and at their healthiest for later germination.

This is my first attempt at making seeds/pollenation. I'm planning on harvesting the rest of the plant, but leaving the seeded buds on to ripen.

If I have unseeded bud on the same branch closer to the main stem, can I cut those off the branch without affecting the seed development?

Doing lots of homework now that I know I'll have some seeded buds

This is my first attempt at making seeds/pollenation. I'm planning on harvesting the rest of the plant, but leaving the seeded buds on to ripen.

If I have unseeded bud on the same branch closer to the main stem, can I cut those off the branch without affecting the seed development?

Doing lots of homework now that I know I'll have some seeded buds

I can maybe share my own experience, which isn't much, but I have done maybe 10 seed runs before.
I would also pollinate one of the lower branches on a selected female.
But I would pollinate fairly early in the flowering cycle, maybe at about week 3,
as I used male plants which were putting out their pollen at that time.
So, by the time the sensimilla flowers were ripe, the seeds were too.
But sometimes I would cut the sensimilla colas, and leave the seeded colas another week or two.
I guess you could cut the little flowering buds off those same branches.
But, you'd still want to leave some leaf matter there, to continue photosynthesis,
to provide the carbs and stuff needed for proper seed formation.
If you just strip/remove everything else, when the seeds are very immature,
it would definitely affect the development of those seeds.
Since your seeds are late in the cycle, I'd leave the whole branch.
It'll help the seeds a lot, and you'll get some heavy stony flower off it.
You may need to adjust your nutriment program, too, if you have one.
Make sure those seeds have what they need.
Are the seeds selfed (bx - back crossed), i.e. NL pollen to NL flower, Af pollen to Af flower?
Or did you cross them, NL pollen to Af flower, and vice versa?
Selfing with strengthen parental traits, but that is a double edged sword, for good or bad.
Selfing too long, too many generations, really isn't good, you'll get weak mutants at some point.
Just a warning, it won't happen after just one bx.

Hey Heelo :pass: The girls are looking great, good save on the PM, i got some on Bukka Kush i have to treat. I have Pink Kush (non cbd version) to grow sometime. NL(blueberry x) was my first ever plant i grew, she was easy and wasnt much trouble I know lol what you mean, waiting for harvest seems to take forever

I can maybe share my own experience, which isn't much, but I have done maybe 10 seed runs before.
I would also pollinate one of the lower branches on a selected female.
But I would pollinate fairly early in the flowering cycle, maybe at about week 3,
as I used male plants which were putting out their pollen at that time.
So, by the time the sensimilla flowers were ripe, the seeds were too.
But sometimes I would cut the sensimilla colas, and leave the seeded colas another week or two.
I guess you could cut the little flowering buds off those same branches.
But, you'd still want to leave some leaf matter there, to continue photosynthesis,
to provide the carbs and stuff needed for proper seed formation.
If you just strip/remove everything else, when the seeds are very immature,
it would definitely affect the development of those seeds.
Since your seeds are late in the cycle, I'd leave the whole branch.
It'll help the seeds a lot, and you'll get some heavy stony flower off it.
You may need to adjust your nutriment program, too, if you have one.
Make sure those seeds have what they need.
Are the seeds selfed (bx - back crossed), i.e. NL pollen to NL flower, Af pollen to Af flower?
Or did you cross them, NL pollen to Af flower, and vice versa?
Selfing with strengthen parental traits, but that is a double edged sword, for good or bad.
Selfing too long, too many generations, really isn't good, you'll get weak mutants at some point.
Just a warning, it won't happen after just one bx.

These are likely self-pollinated, I just noticed the pollen sacs and haven't harvested any. I may try to cross the NL and Afghani, and definitely plan on doing another seed run with the Pink Kush.

I'm going to try to cross the Pink Kush with the Lemon and Blueberry to increase the CBD content. Those seeds should finish with the rest of the buds as I'm starting earlier in the flower cycle.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's always good to know what others have done and how it played out!

Hey Heelo :pass: The girls are looking great, good save on the PM, i got some on Bukka Kush i have to treat. I have Pink Kush (non cbd version) to grow sometime. NL(blueberry x) was my first ever plant i grew, she was easy and wasnt much trouble I know lol what you mean, waiting for harvest seems to take forever

Hey Smokey :pass:

I diluted some vinegar into a spray bottle and it seems to have worked pretty well. Stepping out now to do another application.

Are you still chasing the sun with the girls on carts? I love that idea :D ✌️

Well, it's 90 and sprinkling rain here.. not exactly a normal weather pattern for an Oregon summer. I did another vinegar application this morning after discovering PM on about 5 new leaves. Still fairly isolated to the Afghani.

Afghani is also looking very close to chop. Not many new hairs coming on, the trichs are visibly milky, and it seems like there's not much swell left in them. Going to evaluate them and make the decision this coming weekend. I'll be a lower branch on that has been pollinated until the seeds are ready.

NL is spitting out new white hairs all over the place and seems like she'll probably need more like 2 weeks until chop, unless this is just something that NL does. Anyone with experience know if the pistils all turn brown while still in the ground? Or is there always a mix of white and brown pistils even when it's harvest time?

I'm treating branches on all of the others with collidal silver to also get seeds. I had enough left, and I'd love to not spend money on seeds for a while.

NL
IMG_20200816_194508453.jpg
IMG_20200816_194504394.jpg
IMG_20200816_194527000.jpg

Afghani
IMG_20200816_194514379.jpg
IMG_20200816_194519875.jpg
IMG_20200816_194522478.jpg

Back