New Grower Second half, first grow.

I started the flush today, but I decided to only harvest the plants in the right side of the pic, instead of the 3 older ones. I want to let the trichomes on the Afghan Kush in the back left of the photo really amber up to at least 50-60% before I harvest her. The other ones are around 15% amber with cloudy and some clear. I gave the top left Afghan 4ml base A& B, 8ml Sweet& Sticky, 4ml Flower stacker and 1 tbs molasses mixed in 2L water. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

IMG_E4631.JPG

The 2 plants in the back are coming down first, I gave them each a small flush with 2 gallons of water last night and they will come down once the pot dries out, in about 5 days or so.

The Afghan in the front left got 4ml base A, B, 8ml Sweet& Sticky, 4ml Flower Stacker, and about 1 tbs Molasses mixed in 2L water

The small Afghan got 8ml base, A, B, 8ml S& S, 4ml FS and 2ml Cal/mg, I'm going to lower her nutes a little bit in preparation for harvest, witch should come for both in a couple weeks or so. I might have to up the left Afghan's nutes a little bit to slow the fade so her sugar leaves don't yellow to much before I cut her down.

IMG_4635(right side up).png

No feeding today, but I just thought I would update, water uptake for all plants has slowed right down, as have my updates as those came every, or almost every feeding. I though I would use this to share plans for my next grow. My seed choices are Auto Aurora Borealis by Oasis Genetics, Pakistan Ryder by World of Seeds, Super Sonic Crystal Storm by Samsara Seeds, Mamba Negra Auto by Blimburn Seeds, Fruit Automatic by Dinafem and Cheese Auto by Canuk Seeds. I'll be using only Advanced Nutrients for this grow. Growing media will be coco/light soil/perlite, probably 30/50/20, or similar. One or two gallon fabric pots. I want to do a small hempy with 100% perlite as well. I'll have some 80w cool and warm white led corn lights for supplemental. Also some breeding projects, a small pheno sift and re cross for my Afghan seeds, and Afghan kush x Purple widow. Probably in small DIY tents, with a couple corn lights for each and in 3-4" pots to keep them a little more manageable.

The Bud shot is of the Afghan Kush in the back left of the family photo, that plant has slightly more trich coverage than the others. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

IMG_4678(rightsideup).jpg
IMG_4656(rightside).jpg

I did a partial harvest for the Afghan Kush and the Purple Widow on Aug. 29th, I didn't do a wet weight for them, but I did make some bubble hash with 28g wet + trim from the Afghan, and 23g wet + trim with the Purple Widow. From the 90u, 73u and 45u on the first wash the Afghan gave me 1.3g and the Purple Widow gave me 0.8g. I didn't bother to weigh any of the other grades from the first or second wash and I used the Bubble Bag light 8 bag kit. The buds are drying in paper bags right now, so when they are dry enough I'll get a weight from them.

The remaining buds are getting nothing but water till I cut them down and I will be starting the flush for the other Afghans with the next watering they get.
I was going to rotate the pics in ms paint, but I'm feeling a little lazy atm. Thanks guys:thumbsup:

IMG_4745.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG

I forgot to update, but I harvested the remainder of the plants on the 7th of Sept, and I harvested the other Afghani on the 13th of Sept. The first pic is after I harvested the remainder of the first two, second pic is from today, and the third is a experiment using 2 ounce solo cups as the final growing container to see if it would be a good method to work on my new strains and crosses. If this works it will make it easier for me to grow a large amount of plants for selective breeding with out taking up a ton of grow space. I'll be growing them in pure coco coir using Advanced Nutrients. I have them in a make shift humidity dome, I cut the center out of a gallon ice cream container lid I'm using that to hold cling wrap in place as a vapor barrier. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to make a separate thread for them.

The weight for the first 2 plants I harvested is 37g dry for the Afghan Kush(-28g wet for bubble hash), and 43g dry for the purple widow(-23g wet). The buds on this Afghan Kush are a little airy and light but my goal was to harvest one ounce per plant, so considering that I'm quite happy with the yield so far. I haven't tested any of the buds yet, but I pressed some Afghan bubble hash rosin with a hair straightener and it came out really good, Okay flavor, not too harsh, and nice relaxing effect.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

^IMG_E4774^.jpg
^IMG_4785^.jpg
^IMG_4790^.jpg

Back