New Grower Second half, first grow.

@richykn Thanks man. It kind of came to my surprise that it worked as good as it did, the little buds definitely got a little firmer, and even seemed to push out more trichomes

Here's the bud and seed, the cup with out a number are all self pollinated, from the plant that got the reversal. [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Are the seeds from the Afghan that has not been fully harvested yet, she had more trich coverage so I'm looking forward to seeing if her seeds show similar traits. [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Are from the smaller Afghan. And [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] are the Afghani Kush x Purple Widow, The widow was the mother. There are still a lot more seeds in the jars too. The first buds pic is the first harvest, the purple widow and Afghan, and the second are of the Afghan not fully harvested. I have the [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Afghan drying in paper bags right now. I'm going to do a full plant bho run, with some fresh, some fresh frozen, and some dried and cured. I'll be doing that when I harvest the Afghan stump.
Thanks guys :smoking:

IMG_E4808^^.jpg
IMG_E4803^.jpg
IMG_E4804^^.jpg

@richykn Thanks man. It kind of came to my surprise that it worked as good as it did, the little buds definitely got a little firmer, and even seemed to push out more trichomes

Here's the bud and seed, the cup with out a number are all self pollinated, from the plant that got the reversal. [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Are the seeds from the Afghan that has not been fully harvested yet, she had more trich coverage so I'm looking forward to seeing if her seeds show similar traits. [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Are from the smaller Afghan. And [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] are the Afghani Kush x Purple Widow, The widow was the mother. There are still a lot more seeds in the jars too. The first buds pic is the first harvest, the purple widow and Afghan, and the second are of the Afghan not fully harvested. I have the [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Afghan drying in paper bags right now. I'm going to do a full plant bho run, with some fresh, some fresh frozen, and some dried and cured. I'll be doing that when I harvest the Afghan stump.
Thanks guys :smoking:

View attachment 953439 View attachment 953440 View attachment 953441

Nice work!:slap:

I did my full plant BHO run on sept. 28, the yield was 7.6 grams. I used some dried and cured, and some fresh frozen. The weight after the extraction and after it had a few days to dry was 52 grams, so that was my heaviest plant. There was some trim in there too, I still have some trim from that plant in my freezer as well.

The first pic is of the tent before the BHO run, second is of half of the BHO, I whipped it over a double boiler to a soft crumble/budder consistency and the third is of the tent today.

Some of the mistakes I made during this grow: I was scared to over feed at the beginning, so ended up under feeding. I was feeding the small Afghan like it was half the age of the others but it was only 6 days younger, so I'm pretty sure that's why it stayed small. When I did my reversal I didn't think I would have to keep them separate to avoid pollination, but all the plants had seeds in them, not that that's a bad thing, I just didn't expect it. I also started tapering off the nutes way to fast, and way too early. That wouldn't have been a issue but I waited way to long to harvest. My buds don't have much of a smell, so I think that may be part of the reason. The first 2 plants I cut down I let dry out way too fast so I put a fresh bud with them, but I think that killed some of the smell too.

Some things I will be doing differently: All of my plants will get topped this time. I will be using all Advanced Nutrients with 1 maybe 2 gallon fabric pots, medium will be 40% Black Gold seedling mix, 40% Coco Coir, and 20% perlite. I ordered another tent and light, it just came today, same size tent, but I got the Mars Pro 2 400 this time, last grow I used the Mars 2 400. I will probably be doing 4 1 gallon 100% perlite hempy buckets in that tent. I found a good deal on 80 watt LED corn lights, I'm getting 5 3000K and 5 6000K, I'll use 2 at a time in each tent as supplemental.

I'm visiting a friend in BC this month, so when I get back I'll start another grow and get a thread up to document it.

And that leaves this grow completed.
Thanks to anyone who followed along, or just checked it out, I appreciate it. :smoking:
I'm not sure if I'm going to post a thread for the micros, but if I do I'll link it here.
IMG_E4810^.jpg
IMG_E4814^.jpg
IMG_4824^.jpg

:greenthumb: Great work! :headbang: :slap:

Back