New Grower Second grow, first journal. 2x Blue Kush Auto - Dinafem

Starting to stack some nice looking flowers mate :thumbsup:....takes a couple of grows to get the teething problems ironed out, all part of the fun! A pic in normal light might help passersby aid in helping with nute deficiencies :headbang:....good job so far buddy, keep it up and they'll reward you with some nice homegrown :pass:
End of day 46 update..

Grrrrrrrr made an amateur error (only my second grow) thought plants had possibly cal /mag issue and nute lockout occuring.

Turns out plants showing serious lack of Nitrogen, yellowing of lower leaves and green at tops of plants sure sign.

Have ordered Sensi Bloom, should have kept up the Sensi Grow feed alot longer before switching to Seaweed feed.

Due to LST training underestimated amount of nitrogen feed. Much better to slightly overfeed and when see signs of nute burn hold back on feed, live and learn...

View attachment 1099149

Starting to stack some nice looking flowers mate :thumbsup:....takes a couple of grows to get the teething problems ironed out, all part of the fun! A pic in normal light might help passersby aid in helping with nute deficiencies :headbang:....good job so far buddy, keep it up and they'll reward you with some nice homegrown :pass:

Cheers bud,
Was so happy with how they were going, good suggestion with taking pics in normal light, others would have definitely spotted prob.

Got bit complacent with them for couple of reasons, think have managed to control issue just.

Thanks for getting in touch

End of day 48 update..

Seven weeks in :d5: plants can't finish quick enough, I'm all out of smoke.

Had to step in with the Seni Grow PH Balanced to deal with Nitrogen issue. Plant in left of pics was worst affected, plants have slowly greened up somewhat over last couple of days, pics taken earlier today.
Have been feeding/watering still at approx 48 hour intervals, that's it.

IMG_20190906_121026.jpg

IMG_20190906_120945.jpg

If any beginners looking in, like to point out that some yellowing of lower leaves half way through flowering is normal, in my case whole plant was turning yellow apart from growing tips.

Have been doing more shopping and got myself Sensi Bloom PH Balanced, has plenty of Nitrogen and plants just had 1st feed of, 3ml of A n B in 1.5L each.

Second purchase a 150 LED Watt All Red UFO Grow Light, red spectrum supposed to help with flowering...

IMG_20190906_221620.jpg IMG_20190906_181602.jpg

Last edited:
End of day 53 update...

Relatively happy with plants (sorry for blurple pics) wee plant especially, looking v frosty.

Still watering/feeding 48 hr intervals 3ml A n B of Sensi Bloom PH in 1.5L each, have given them just plain water once since last post, plants had bit of nute burn, from measures to fix N problem.

Dinafem recommend not chopping before day 75 (hard to see them taking that long) welcome any advice as to stepping feed amount up between now and finish and when to stop feeding.
Thanks in advance team AFN...

IMG_20190911_211957.jpg

IMG_20190911_220556.jpg

Last edited:
I just stopped in because Blue Kush is one of my favorite auto strains! Looks like her phenotypes feed about the same. The yellowing that you're seeing is not normal.. Its definitely strain dependent. Blue Kush is a heavy feeder! She loves her N all the way through flower. Thats what that early yellowing is. It took me a few grows of her to dial in the feed! And 75 days is about right.. Plus or minus a day or two. If shes already eating through her leaves, you may want to either check the ppm of the run off, or add worm castings or something light with a little N in it.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated,

Organic Seaweed didn't have the oomph to keep up with Sensi Grow PH start.

What got me also was Dinafem's advice not to overfeed, anyhow looking forward to harvesting.

If I go 75 days, can i push you to an answer as to when stop feeding ?

End of day 61 update..

Plants had their final feed just now, 4ml of Sensi Bloom A n B in 2L of water each.

Two weeks out from the finish line, will be plain water from here on in.

Not as tall or as lush looking as should be, hopefully smoke will make up for...

IMG_20190918_220656.jpg

IMG_20190918_220630.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I missed your question earlier!! I grow organic so I "flush" through the entire grow, lol. But the flush times arw usually based on the medium and your feeding habits. If you are growing in soil and fed nutes every watering, or used higher dose feeds than recommended, then two weeks is about right. 2 weeks is actually about the max you'll want to go. If you are in a coco based medium, then 5-7 days will be more than enough to flush salts from the medium.

No worries, thanks again for your input, I'm soil mix, been reading two weeks out, because of playing catch up with nutes gave one last feed.

Nice one with organic approach, deffo gonna try nettle and comfrey homemade feeds in future grows.

End of day 69 update..

Colas starting to fatten up nicely, trichomes starting to turn milky, have added dehumidifier to tent RH was getting up to the 70's, hoping another week will be ready for chop.

Liking the new setup AFN

IMG_20190926_213509.jpg

IMG_20190926_213442.jpg

Back