Outdoor Season 3: Year of the Widow's Blues Dutch vs Holland growoff photos and autos

WOW! Hell of a thread. I haven't even had a chance to read it all. I also checked out your last grow. Thanks for the link. Great skills. Had to rep you up. :d5:

Hey thanks for the rep bud! It will take a bit to get going, but it should get pretty crazy in here in a few months!

Best part about this thread is that it will get better over the bext six months!

:headbang:

Oh yeah buddy...very excited about the choices this season!! Goodness i hope my outdoor cherry bomb bud looks identical to my indoor one i am about to chop in a week!!

Okay...we are just 4 days from starting up photoperiod strains for outdoor growing!! This year i am pitting Spain versus Holland in a grudge match!!(hahaha just joking) I have picked a bunch of spanish and a bunch fo dutch strains and we are going to find out who is going to kick some ass!!

Full Sun Garden Photoperiod Strains(all started on April the 1st):

Holland Dutch Passion Think Fast (Think Different X Power Plant)

Holland Bomb Seeds Atomic Bomb (?? X Bomb [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG])

Spain Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice (White Widow X Chronic)

Spain Sweet Seeds Green Poison (still waiting on delivery.....)

The following autoflower strains will be started on may the 1st and planted on the outskirts of the photoperiod plants:

Holland Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise

Holland Dutch Passion Autoultimate

Holland Dutch Passion Glueberry OG

Holland Dutch Passion Auto white widow

Holland Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb Auto

Spain Dinafem Auto white widow XXL (side by side comparison grow with DP's AWW)

Spain Dinafem Moby Dick XXL (Haze X White widow auto)

Spain Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy (still waiting on delivery.....)

Spain Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarin XL (still waiting on delivery.....)

UK Portal Nashira

UK Portal Fairy Frost

The following photoperiod strains will be grown in the test garden which reveives 8 hours of sun tapering down to 6 by harvest:

Holland Dutch Passion Blueberry

Holland Bomb Seeds Widow Bomb (White Widow X Bomb [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG])

Spain Sweet Seed Cream Caramel (still waiting on delivery.....)

Spain Dinafem Blue Widow (blueberry X White Widow)

All of the photos will be started on April the first...still waiting on an order from sweet seeds...hope it shows soon...i'll give it an extra week after the rest get started, and then i will move to alternate plans and start different strains...unfortunately i do not have any more spanish strains to grow, so i will have to grow out some dutch seeds as replacements if it comes to that.

All 8 photoperiod plants will be started in 16oz cups(not much room due to some autos lollygagging), so after 2-3 weeks i will transplant them into 7"X7"X9" deep hydrofarm pots. These pots will be perfect for standard transplants, and will hold the photos until they go in the ground in late may or June the 1st at the latest. All 8 photos will begin under 100X3w leds, and will follow the techniques i use in the "Monster Training Guide".

I havent decided what fertilizer i am going to use yet...ive been trying a bunch out over the last 2 years and i have been considering going with Dutch Pro nutrients this round, but a bit nervous with feeding autos with a new fertilizer thats not very often used so feedback would be limited. Really want to nail the autos this round, so i would be wise to switch back to advanced nutrients for this run probably.

So there we have it!! Let the games begin!!

I have a bunch of folks i would like to tag into this thread...i know i will be forgetting some folks, and i apologize to those i am forgetting, and i sincerely hope they find the thread!!

@Waira , @derek420colorado , @Eekman , @witchyhour , @trailanimal, @Habitual , @kelpie - dog , @pyrokev , @Dudeski , @Maria Sanchez , @HMR , @Yeatster , @stepside , @StickMan , @islandgrower , @Jraven , @jackMgood , @dankstyle J , @Renaissance Redneck , @archie genmill , @Powerful14 , @NugNoob , @Clix, @WalterW , @Dr. Babnik , @XxxAuto , @Roasty McToasty , @Eyes on Fire , @MiNi , @sanguine , @Smorf , @Frankthetank , @tripaholic 88, @Duggy , @Eclectic Elle , @Rebel , @1939bear , @Slowmo , @budelee , @iampepe , @splanglish, @Mossy, @NebulaNuggets , @Castle Grown , @Noob420 , @Druid , @blowyoumind , @thetreeman , @A4 , @hecno, @darth vapor , @English Archer , @Red Rupert , @GodAmJT , @juanpelotas , @Sleeveofauto , @AussieBogan , @budwiser UK , @Eyeoftheworld, @BeeBop420 , @Coffee&Kush , @IceWater421 , @GMAW, @olderthandirt , @Demonas , @Greek MJ God , @Mr Stonde , @flc, @orrganic , @Discretepete2676 , @Corgy , @Burr_nit , @Gatorbackbob , @Pops , @pop22, @bushdktr , @Tank , @artyzan , @ANTiFA , @Tetra9, @maffro , @Blow'n Reefer , @Autonugs , @Iamlegend2121 , @MediScrogs , @Ripper , @epenguin , @

Would also like to tag in the awesome vendors that i dealt with picking strains, and asking about details such as mold resistance and cold resilience. Great bunch of guys all around!! Hats off to you guys for supplying amazing genetics for what i know is going to be awesome plants. @DutchPassionTony , @Dinafem-Mark , @BombSeeds , @Sweet Seeds

I am hoping this season will be another great one, but please know that i am at the mercy of my climate. We deal with everything from cold june(plants Will see frost and also a few times in the fall), to torrential downpours(usualls during early flower), to vert strong(50kps) to tornado style winds(gusts of 100kps). Last season we got al of those weather anomolies as do we most seasons. Hopin' for the best!!
I'm in It looks like your starting an orchard . :thumbsup: Have you started seeds now ??

Going good over here!! Little plants are growing just fine!!

Think Fast Front, Blue Widow rear
View attachment 735782
Widowbomb right, Cream caramel center, Atomic left - bumped up to 1.5ml Green Planet Grow Fuel..a bit too too strong for atomic.
View attachment 735785

Blueberry, Fruity Chronic and Green POison all doing well. Green poison has shot right up(Day 11) and is perfectly in size with 4 day older plants(day 14).
View attachment 735791

As soon as these autos are chopped i am transplanting into 7" pots...they are ready!!
Nice colors man! Digging it so far!

Hi guys

This is my first humble entry on AFN.

I've just bought some DP femi Blueberry to add to my current guerilla grow because it looks so tasty.

Current strains:

Shaman (DP)
Jamaican Pearl (Sensi Seeds)
Dane's Candy (Auto, Dane Strains)

Strains to add a little later:
Blueberry (DP)
Royal Haze (Auto, RQS)
Dane's Bluematic (Auto, Dane Strains)

Some say Blueberry can't really grow here (same with JP actually) but I want to give it a shot in this super nice and sunny location.

I have no experience growing Blueberry.

Any tips on how to start her up and what to look out for regarding nutes and soil etc? Unfortunately, I have no lamps so I'll sprout her indoors and take her out under some clear plastic cover pretty quickly ... at least that's the plan but I'd love to hear your input

I'm at 55N and it is still pretty freezing temperatures around here, but the grow is actually going ok so far under small homemade greenhouses. Progress a bit slow though, but that's to be expected.

I'll post some pics at some point!

Thanks!

Hi guys

This is my first humble entry on AFN.

I've just bought some DP femi Blueberry to add to my current guerilla grow because it looks so tasty.

Current strains:

Shaman (DP)
Jamaican Pearl (Sensi Seeds)
Dane's Candy (Auto, Dane Strains)

Strains to add a little later:
Blueberry (DP)
Royal Haze (Auto, RQS)
Dane's Bluematic (Auto, Dane Strains)

Some say Blueberry can't really grow here (same with JP actually) but I want to give it a shot in this super nice and sunny location.

I have no experience growing Blueberry.

Any tips on how to start her up and what to look out for regarding nutes and soil etc? Unfortunately, I have no lamps so I'll sprout her indoors and take her out under some clear plastic cover pretty quickly ... at least that's the plan but I'd love to hear your input

I'm at 55N and it is still pretty freezing temperatures around here, but the grow is actually going ok so far under small homemade greenhouses. Progress a bit slow though, but that's to be expected.

I'll post some pics at some point!

Thanks!

Northerners coming out of the woodwork!! Great to meet you bud! Ive had great luck with the DP BB overall.

BB tips - She is finicky when small. Generally she like nutrients on the light side, and she likes a fairly dry medium. Ive been caught a few times overfeeding and overwatering 15-30 day old BB plants. Often mine have been smaller than other strains....until they get outside and in the ground and then they rocket grow and get bigger than anything else i have grown to date. Both of my highest yields are from the BB. Ive had 2 types of blueberry...one has smooth branch to trunk transitions and it is a solid outdoor plant against high wind. The second has knuckled branches and needs much support to stop stalk splitting.
IMportant to try to avoid external stress on the BB like stalk splitting. They dont seem to take stress well and can hermy due to stress(my experience with 2 of 5 plant i have grown that split stalks and then hermied afterwards)

Northerners coming out of the woodwork!! Great to meet you bud! Ive had great luck with the DP BB overall.

BB tips - She is finicky when small. Generally she like nutrients on the light side, and she likes a fairly dry medium. Ive been caught a few times overfeeding and overwatering 15-30 day old BB plants. Often mine have been smaller than other strains....until they get outside and in the ground and then they rocket grow and get bigger than anything else i have grown to date. Both of my highest yields are from the BB. Ive had 2 types of blueberry...one has smooth branch to trunk transitions and it is a solid outdoor plant against high wind. The second has knuckled branches and needs much support to stop stalk splitting.
IMportant to try to avoid external stress on the BB like stalk splitting. They dont seem to take stress well and can hermy due to stress(my experience with 2 of 5 plant i have grown that split stalks and then hermied afterwards)

Awesome 912GreenSkell - I really appreciate your advice! Must admit, I probably wouldn't have thought about planting BB if it wasn't for your growlogs and reviews - thanks for all that!
I'll definitely take it easy with the nutes and the water - I usually do actually, but of course one can always get carried away thinking about "how big these plants can get" - I'll be extra careful - especially in the beginning! Great advice with the dry medium!

Oh and thanks also for the super inspiring Monster Training Guide- love it!

Just can't wait to put her in the ground :)

Peace

edit. Here's a pic of a section of my guerilla grow from the 18th of April. I know they are still tiny, but they are tough :) Had frost and even snow but they are still healthy looking and even growing a bit every day. One JP acting wierd though. She has been flowering (put them out at spring equinox because I wanted to test it) but she's now revegging. Big roots for their size.

[URL=http://s610.photobucket.com/user/bummelum/media/4%20Piger%20april3-11_zpswas7eny8.jpg.html][/URL]

4%20Piger%20april3-11_zpswas7eny8.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome 912GreenSkell - I really appreciate your advice! Must admit, I probably wouldn't have thought about planting BB if it wasn't for your growlogs and reviews - thanks for all that!
I'll definitely take it easy with the nutes and the water - I usually do actually, but of course one can always get carried away thinking about "how big these plants can get" - I'll be extra careful - especially in the beginning! Great advice with the dry medium!

Oh and thanks also for the super inspiring Monster Training Guide- love it!

Just can't wait to put her in the ground :)

Peace

edit. Here's a pic of a section of my guerilla grow from the 18th of April. I know they are still tiny, but they are tough :) Had frost and even snow but they are still healthy looking and even growing a bit every day. One JP acting wierd though. She has been flowering (put them out at spring equinox because I wanted to test it) but she's now revegging. Big roots for their size.

4%20Piger%20april3-11_zpswas7eny8.jpg

I have a tendency to push plants with nutrients. ;) I feed stronger until i see eagle claws and then i back off. Push 'em hard and see who is least tolerant to nutes. Usually keep me in the right range for the whole group. Good luck bud, look forward to see how you do! If you are running a journal please tag me!

Back