Outdoor Season 3: Year of the Widow's Blues Dutch vs Holland growoff photos and autos

Hey maria!! I was up last night and was checking out your threads! Looking good so far!! Nice work!

So I have 2 warriors up above the dirt line. First is the Blue Widow followed closely by the Think Fast. So 2 up, 4 in the dirt, and 2 more in paper towel(no action yet). Ive decided that I will be starting to flush the Stone 99 after she dries from the most recent feed. Autoeuphoria is getting a couple more feeds and she is done, as well as the auto night queen. Once those are out of there I can work around the cherry bomb and portal ruby with the photos transplanted into 7" pots.
@Dudeski - plan in a bit behind schedule, but it is going as planned!!
I love Blue Widow and have grown it since I popped a freebie in 2012. If you get the pheno that looks a lot like the picture Dinafem shows in their seed catalog keep it that's the bomb pheno, one of the best and most potent strains I have grown outdoors hands down.

I love Blue Widow and have grown it since I popped a freebie in 2012. If you get the pheno that looks a lot like the picture Dinafem shows in their seed catalog keep it that's the bomb pheno, one of the best and most potent strains I have grown outdoors hands down.

Since I am a widow and blueberry fan this strain made crazy sense to grow!! This will be another interesting mini comparison with the blue widow, DP's Blueberry, and Widowbomb all being grown in similar conditions. I already know how the blueberry performs in my prime spot so it will be an interesting comparison between similar strains.
Thanks for stopping by!!

Hey maria!! I was up last night and was checking out your threads! Looking good so far!! Nice work!

So I have 2 warriors up above the dirt line. First is the Blue Widow followed closely by the Think Fast. So 2 up, 4 in the dirt, and 2 more in paper towel(no action yet). Ive decided that I will be starting to flush the Stone 99 after she dries from the most recent feed. Autoeuphoria is getting a couple more feeds and she is done, as well as the auto night queen. Once those are out of there I can work around the cherry bomb and portal ruby with the photos transplanted into 7" pots.
@Dudeski - plan in a bit behind schedule, but it is going as planned!!

Thanks for keeping an eye on me!!! So far so good........

I really love your idea of a "Widow" season.
Do a whole range of Widow strains, and see how they compare.
Must be a few dozen straight White / Black Widow cultivars at diff seed houses.
Let alone doing Widow crosses.

I would love to have a place for some mandala strains. Great true landrace strains, geez! One of these days maybe...

I've been doing some research on the Mandala strains.
While most come straight from IBL landrace strains,
the cultivars they sell / distribute are mostly not pure IBL landrace.
But, they are just a generation or two removed.
So a lot of those landrace qualities are still strong.
We'll see with my 5 Safaris what they can do.........

Thanks for keeping an eye on me!!! So far so good........

I really love your idea of a "Widow" season.
Do a whole range of Widow strains, and see how they compare.
Must be a few dozen straight White / Black Widow cultivars at diff seed houses.
Let alone doing Widow crosses.

My first love was a pure White Widow from Serious Seeds back in the early 90's. Though I couldn't get away with the strain outdoors due to mold and late flower trigger, indoors it was the most potent weed I had ever seen, and it would make a Widow out out many seasoned smokers I knew at the time. Now that there is soooooo many Widow strains and crosses that can be grown outdoor its time to find my ideal Widow!! As we all know this years theme is Widows Blues, and that combines my old favorite White Widow along with another personal favorite of mine the Blueberry.

The following Plants are following the theme:
Auto White Widow XXL Dinafem
AWW Dutch Passion
Blueberry Photo DP
WidowBomb photo Bomb Seeds
Blue Widow Dinafem
Moby Dick XXL (Haze X WW) Dinafem
Glueberry OG

So back to the grow...we have a think fast and a Blue widow well above the soil, and also the Blueberry, Widowbomb, and Atomic are just above the dirt. I dug a bit, and the fruity chronic is also almost above the dirt, should be by morning. Green Poison by Sweet has cracked her shell at 30 hrs and is in the dirt with a 1/4" long taproot. Nothing on Cream caramel..hopefully she is cracked in the morning for a 100% germination rate....umm why do folks soak in a shot glass of water I wonder? Just to waste 24 hours? :D :D :D
Getting ready to flush out auto euphoria and Stone 99 autos, and DP's Auto NIghtQueen after another feed or two...still a ways to go on the Cherry Bomb and the portal Ruby.

My first love was a pure White Widow from Serious Seeds back in the early 90's. Though I couldn't get away with the strain outdoors due to mold and late flower trigger, indoors it was the most potent weed I had ever seen, and it would make a Widow out out many seasoned smokers I knew at the time. Now that there is soooooo many Widow strains and crosses that can be grown outdoor its time to find my ideal Widow!! As we all know this years theme is Widows Blues, and that combines my old favorite White Widow along with another personal favorite of mine the Blueberry.

AWW Dutch Passion
Blueberry Photo DP
Blue Widow Dinafem
Glueberry OG

So back to the grow...we have a think fast and a Blue widow well above the soil, and also the Blueberry, Widowbomb, and Atomic are just above the dirt. I dug a bit, and the fruity chronic is also almost above the dirt, should be by morning. Green Poison by Sweet has cracked her shell at 30 hrs and is in the dirt with a 1/4" long taproot. Nothing on Cream caramel..hopefully she is cracked in the morning for a 100% germination rate....umm why do folks soak in a shot glass of water I wonder? Just to waste 24 hours? :D :D :D
Getting ready to flush out auto euphoria and Stone 99 autos, and DP's Auto NIghtQueen after another feed or two...still a ways to go on the Cherry Bomb and the portal Ruby.

Cool selection. But now I'm curious why you didn't get a Mr Nice Black Widow or Greenhouse White Widow?
Aren't these supposed to be the original version (depending on who you ask)?
Or are these not outdoor friendly for your climate?

So.... I went to check GH White Widow:
White Widow Auto is listed under outdoors "cold and northern"!
But not the photo......... which is still "Good for mild, temperate areas."

Mr Nice Black Widow:
"In the northern hemisphere expect harvest around September/October, having planted as late as June.
However, there is a chance that rain could reduce the expected yield."

AWW Dutch Passion
Blueberry Photo DP
Blue Widow Dinafem
Glueberry OG

Auto ww xxl + mb xxl i have done before. Moby dick xxl is one of my favourite autos.
Did u get those cream mandarin xl seeds from delivery?

Cool selection. But now I'm curious why you didn't get a Mr Nice Black Widow or Greenhouse White Widow?
Aren't these supposed to be the original version (depending on who you ask)?
Or are these not outdoor friendly for your climate?

So.... I went to check GH White Widow:
White Widow Auto is listed under outdoors "cold and northern"!
But not the photo......... which is still "Good for mild, temperate areas."

Mr Nice Black Widow:
"In the northern hemisphere expect harvest around September/October, having planted as late as June.
However, there is a chance that rain could reduce the expected yield."

So many choices so little time. Though I want a whack of BB and WW, I didn't want to dedicate my full grow to the 2 strains since they are both heavy narcotic stones, and I also need some uphigh's for my medical issues, so I like to split it up a bit to et varied effect. Also, its often hard to find an outdoor info on strains, so making decisions on the fly basing them on gut feelings is always a gamble.

Auto ww xxl + mb xxl i have done before. Moby dick xxl is one of my favourite autos.
Did u get those cream mandarin xl seeds from delivery?

Sure did!! Sweet seeds is in, running Cream Mandarin XL and Bloody Skunk for Autos, and Green POison and Cream Caramel for photos. Cant wait to see what sweet can do!

Back