Indoor Santa and afghan kush ryder "stealth" grow + application of BAP

lol... my blackberry pisses me off with browsing... lol older 8310.... thing aggrevates the crap outta me sometimes... lol

i figured out how to give rep! hoooray! dont know why it didnt appear earlier.

so santa smoke report at day 53 from seed.

Looks are not everything! though its been several days since i tried the akr and there has been a huge increase in potency im sure, im not sure if it makes up for the difference im seeing here. the santa is much stronger than the akr was, maybe all the stress has caused the pklant to over produce? i really dont know.

smell/taste: very very grape, ive never noticed grape even in weed that people swore smelled like grape soda. but with this it was overpowering. very sweet.

bag appeal was pretty good though thte buds are small. very dense and crystals are starting to form all over the plant.

the high was very happy, great for free thinking, and wonderful for debate. i wrote some great papers today, not evident here ecspecially in my spelling....

overall the only thing that both strains are missing is overall potency. the santa was stronger than the akr but only mediocre compared to the bud im used to from sonoma. but this is day 53 (since january 27th at germination) so if i let em go out for another 22 days to 75 total (my goal for max grow time) they should be fucking potent.

im gogin to go start a thread in harvesting about the rate of thc production in autoflowers.

so when should i start flushing? ive got a few buds that are looking quite close to done while there are NEW COLAS popping up every day it seems. im definetley going to be cutting off a branch at a time (remove bud then try to root the result). ive never been much of a conisour of the herb because ive always had great stuff and no need for quality control. but as my first grow im really not sure when these buds are done.

has anyone had new buds popping up when other buds are looking close to done?

oh btw, the pollen sacks on the akr are becoming very obvious and the calxys on that branch are starting to swell! just have to make sure not to ruin all my bud with the pollen. i maybe putting a plastic or paper bag over that branch soon.

Ok update time! these were taken about 12 hours ago, day 61 from seed and day 40 since sex showed. the tallest section of both plants is 6" exactly, the same heioght they were when they first showed sex.

questions:

what do you guys think?
do they look ok to you?
should i start flushing?
how long would you guesstimate it will be till harvest time?
lastly, is there anything different looking about these two plants? im wondering what effect the bap has had.

the two funny looking branches look that way because of a silver treatment. they are both producing male organs right now and hopefully its not way to late for seeds to develop.

329akrsanta015.jpg

329akrsanta014.jpg

329akrsanta013.jpg

329akrsanta012.jpg

329akrsanta011.jpg

329akrsanta010.jpg

329akrsanta009.jpg

329akrsanta007.jpg

329akrsanta006.jpg

329akrsanta005.jpg

329akrsanta004.jpg

329akrsanta003.jpg

329akrsanta002.jpg

Wow, look at all that short nug weed! You def. kept it to the ground.

I don't want to say too much, but it looks like it is getting close to flush time, maybe a week till flush or wait till your seed ovules pop open a bit? Do you have a scope to see trich percentages?

Well done mate! I love you hermie flowers too! great pix! they look good... I'd agree with gearbvear.. approaching flush time real soon... judging by looks... a trich check is always the ral test though. I see you have a kitty with 4:20 interests as well! :)

Hey thanks for the input! That there kitty cat's name is mufasa. He is probably the largest cat I've ever seen. Whenever I open up my grow box he come running! He absolutely loves the stuff! I have to lock em up in the bathroom sometimes when I take the pot out of the box because he would tear it up and roll around in it the second he had the chance. I give em a fan leaf from time to time.

Love my kitty!

Flush time, that's exactly what I was thinking. But before I do, will it be detramental to eed production?

I've harvested at least 5g from the two plants already, I'm guessing they will yield 1.5oz total but that's just a wild guess.

The bap really has caused the plants to not stretch and best of all, new bud growth keeps popping up! So when my pollen is ready (soon I hope) I should be able to harvest the done bud and fertilize the new nice young buds.

Thanks for the help! Ill start the flush today!

If you just started seed development. Flush would be bad, it is my understanding that the plant would def. need to maintain nutrients and even nitrogen that often gets skipped on sen. bud. I don't know? I know you are wanting to start flush and harvest some now and leave the other to make seed. tough decision. Maybe, cut what you want to flush? and put into distilled water with a bit of sugar and touch of molasses and allow it to flush itself and finish by keeping it like a cut flower?
*Don't act on that thought to quickly, not sure if that would work. I know male flowers keep great and finish cut in water, however, never tried bud. It might be a good thought though and it would be neat if it worked, as I'm needing a solution soon to flush a plant before the others are done and this could be the answer.

No idea if that would work, but its something ill look into!

I really don't know what's going to happen with the silver treated branches. Will the female parts still be fertile enough to be self fertilized by the developing pollen?

I'm hoping the male flowers start spluging all ova da place - soon. I move mid may andd have no desire to move cross country with the live plants. More importantly my goal was 75 days I think, 420 is coming up!

it looks way to leafy IMO. how long did you use veg nutes for?

Back