Indoor Santa and afghan kush ryder "stealth" grow + application of BAP

I've removed most of a cola from the santa. I agree the santa wich is the lighter, smaller one with lots of leafs, is very, leafy. I have defoliated both plants a good amount in order for the light to hit the buds and in training.

I used no veg nutes. I have been using miracle grow bloom booster since the beginning of flower. Its fox farm ocean forest with an inch of lava rock underneath it. I've read many a time that mieacle grow sucks, and maybe the ratio of N to P and K is too high? I'm actually quite happy with the results of the afghan kush ryder. Its the one with the sati looking leafs (makes no sense, considering its an indica).

The santa was damaged a little early on, not positive but a foliar hormone application was made a little to alcoholic.

Does anyone think both plants are too leafy? I wish I could harvest it all so I could show you how the buds go down deap into the plant. They really are quite compacted from the bap. Maybe that gives the illusion that there is too much leaf? What should I do different my next grow, using hempy bucket, (lava rock and coco)?

Hehe sorry about all the questions, this is also my journal so I put all my thoughts down, sorta.

They seem to both have tons of leaf and seem to be over fertilized. you should flush that stuff really good, and give it 14 days to flush. also ive heard the coco is becoming everyones favorite medium

What symptoms indicate over fertilization? Remember that the santa was damaged and nevere really recovered. I want to make sure I recognize it in time next go around.

I did a mild flush yesterday and another today. Leaf tips have a brown yellow burned look. Maybe I had a pH nute lockout and the flush is allowing burning by fixing the pH? Seems like a fast responce.

Thanks for your help!

For a total grow cost of$30 I'm quite happy but really hope to step up production a lot over the next few grows. Doubling the head space will help the next grow around (still super short)

I'm quite baked, sorry if I'm not making much sense.

could have been a ph lockout preventing phospho and potassium uptake... thereby giving brown leaf edges and a crispy effect where they are browned... best 20 bucks you can spend IMO is a ph test meter.
Charts:
ph vs uptake.gifph vs uptake 2.jpg

ph was in excess of 7 by this point... and you can see they stopped getting phospho and potassium... buds are small... leaves look brown and feel crispy... etc etc.

example (mine) from jan 09th

View attachment 7934

Not sure why but I only checked th pH of my tap water before mixing with the mollases and miracle gro bloom booster. I should check the ph of the fert mix, but I never plan to use it again. I have a pH meter and papers etc. Not sure why I didn't use them. I'm still happy with the results though.

I didxnt flush today, soil needs to dry out. Its also been terribly hot here latley. Hope I can collect pollen soon.

So the last few says have been extremely hot and unfortunately I was not around to cool em down. The santa quickly started to decline in health. So today I uprooted it, trimmed all the bud but the stuff deepest in the plant. I put the plant back in the soil in case it was capable of continuing to grow... Probably will be too shocked. The buds are quite leafy. Something to fix next time around. Probably won't be growing this strain again. Ill post a smoke report and the yield soon.

The afghan kush ryder is actually looking ok except for a few buds which were burnt when it was to hot. its now alone under 200w of cfl and though the temp is a little high its much better than it was. The part I applied the silver to has finally matured enough to produce pollen.

Ill be harvesting a few buds off the afghan kush soon as they are reaching peak ripeness. Ill be collecting the pollen over the next few days. Then ill fertilize the buds that still look fertile. Really hoping to get some seeds.

Back