New Grower Roc Bud emerging issues

Ph is very important. I had a plant that in 24 hours looked like a torch got to it
I totally agree that PH is important.

I would like to know whether I need to do anything immediately or just try not to do it again.

I went back in last night and gave each of them 4 cups of PH'd water. I was a bit surprised that there wasn't any runoff since I went from 8 cups every other day to 8 cups two days in a row. I think I need to remember that there is increased uptake when they start really packing on the buds and trichomes. Getting bigger everyday.
PXL_20210405_221857982.jpg

PXL_20210405_221829799.jpg

Did you top dress with build a flower a while back?
Youve got about 3 weeks to go or so
No need to ph plain water unless its got a lot of minerals in it (hard water). If its bottled spring water or RO water, no need to ph.

Did you top dress with build a flower a while back?
Youve got about 3 weeks to go or so
No need to ph plain water unless its got a lot of minerals in it (hard water). If its bottled spring water or RO water, no need to ph.
Yes, 16 days ago, with a couple rounds of Maxibloom since. Apply another round of Build a Flower and then plain water through to the end?

And I do use RO water.

I was also thinking 3 weeks or so left, so glad you are thinking the same. Thanks as always for your input.

Last edited:
Yes, 16 days ago, with a couple rounds of Maxibloom since. Apply another round of Build a Flower and then plain water through to the end?

And I do use RO water.

I was also thinking 3 weeks or so left, so glad you are thinking the same. Thanks as always for your input.
That build a flower is kicking in for sure.. its good stuff! Before your next watering, go right over your barley straw and bury or partially bury it in build a flower (about an inch) and take your time and make sure your top dress gets hydrated.. then cover it with more straw if need be and you should be good until you're finished. I'de also use 1 tbsp molasses to a gallon of water when wetting the top dress if you have it.

Edit, when I use RO water I either use molasses or an organic calmag supplement every other watering during early flower and into mid flower depending on strain. Ive used the organic calmag as much as every watering on one grow and had no issues from doing so, but its most likely not necessary..especially if your using molasses. Now that my soil has been built up pretty well over the last several grows, I dont need to add calmag anymore, but I do still use molasses frequently.

Looking good nice job!

That build a flower is kicking in for sure.. its good stuff! Before your next watering, go right over your barley straw and bury or partially bury it in build a flower (about an inch) and take your time and make sure your top dress gets hydrated.. then cover it with more straw if need be and you should be good until you're finished. I'de also use 1 tbsp molasses to a gallon of water when wetting the top dress if you have it.

Edit, when I use RO water I either use molasses or an organic calmag supplement every other watering during early flower and into mid flower depending on strain. Ive used the organic calmag as much as every watering on one grow and had no issues from doing so, but its most likely not necessary..especially if your using molasses. Now that my soil has been built up pretty well over the last several grows, I dont need to add calmag anymore, but I do still use molasses frequently.

Looking good nice job!
Thanks, Tom! I don't have molasses (though I could go to the store and buy some), but I do have Humboldt's Secret Sweet & Sticky. Could I use that instead?

Thanks, Tom! I don't have molasses (though I could go to the store and buy some), but I do have Humboldt's Secret Sweet & Sticky. Could I use that instead?
Looks like its just carbohydrates / sugars... I dont see why not.. sounds alright.
I dont think it can hurt.

As to ph ing water, how old is your ro filter? They need to be changed out periodically depending on size and how much use it gets..
Do you use a surfactant like yucca? If not, your water could be just running down the sides and leaving you with wet and dry spots in your soil.

As to ph ing water, how old is your ro filter? They need to be changed out periodically depending on size and how much use it gets..
Do you use a surfactant like yucca? If not, your water could be just running down the sides and leaving you with wet and dry spots in your soil.
This is my first grow using the RO system, so it is 6-7 weeks old.

I have yucca, but have never used it. Do you use it every watering religiously?

This is my first grow using the RO system, so it is 6-7 weeks old.

I have yucca, but have never used it. Do you use it every watering religiously?
yes, I use it with every watering. The one I use calls for 2.5 ml per gal. I only use about 1 ml as it foams up quite a bit when you use air stone or water pump. Shaking or stirring isn't too bad.
If you want to do organic try a 10-15 gal pot. The larger the pot, the more forgiving the soil is. Where you are just getting started, check out Build A soil on Youtube. He has a 10x10 series going on right now using a few different methods. Also Future Cannibis Project and their Living Soil Conversations.
Remember that autos don't need as much nutrients as regulars so don't be a MOREon. Something I just heard from a fellow knf_garden, was don't use more than 2 ingredients when watering. If something goes wrong, it's a lot easier to figure out what's up than if your using 6-7 that you get from some nute companies feeding schedule.

Back