Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope everything is ok.... and I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. Take care of yourself brother!!! Don't forget.....anything you need, my friend! :d5:
Anything?? What's the odds of you adding about 6 hrs to every day...

That is true with the asphalt,I'd imagine metal roofing may be a better option..Could always send a sample off for a water test to see what impact the shingles have on the runoff..Now I'm going to invent some sort of multi-stage charcoal filtration within the downspout before it hits the barrel.

A 1 time analysis would settle the issue on a particular roof. I would put any screen at the top of the downspout where it can be cleaned easily. Those chips are a pain by themselves whether toxic or not and yes. As far as I know, I have been out of the business for a while, only the asphalt shingles have it. There may be new products out with something similar that I don't know.about. I know some codes require cedar shakes to be fireproofed with certain chemicals but have no idea if there is an adverse impact from it.
I think that if I was reroofing and was relying on roof run off to supply a cistern for drinking water, I would go with a metal roof. Since the EPA is being gutted in the U.S. and the potential for acid rain gaining ground again is strong, I would bite the bullet and buy the more expensive but more corrosion resistant copper.

Edit: If I was going to ever go solar, I would buy Teslas new glass coated solar tiles about to hit the market They were supposed to come out this or last month but have been delayed 2 months.
:pass:

Last edited:
I mean if you have quite the garden, and money to back it and you got a thing for rain water then I guess it's justifiable. I can't see installing that system for 4-5 plants though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back