Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz?!!
Dang @BigSm0 and his AutoCobs, I went to sleep dreaming of cobs, drivers, Ohms law, efficiency.... Argh!!
It's getting to be a fun obsession. I love what they are doing in the flower tent.I have the cob/heatsink combo and the driver arrived from Mouser yesterday. Forgot how quick they are! Going to play with wiring and all today.
Well it's off to the showers, have a terrific Twosday everyone!

Purchase people made when they were drunk . Hats for his pet toad . :crying:
funny-drunk-online-shopping-fails-9-58ef423e779a8__605.jpg

I was unaware they did that with roofing shingles!!! I have never collected rain water run-off, but if I were to collect any, I would just have a big-nasty funnel on the top of one of those 55gal drums, perhaps 2, and just hope that it catches!!! I wish I had already had mine set-up because we've had quite a bit of rain thus far, and compared to last year's drought, it'd be nice to have a few extra gallons of good water to use for my outdoor garden!!

I collect rain water all the time. But never from my shingle roof. Just in case. I'll usually stick the bucket under where the pickup bed drains the most, or where it runs the most off the picnic table.
A good study for somebody with the background and equipment would be to monitor the trace elements in shingle roof run off. A good precaution would be a mesh in the intake to keep the actual chips out. The fungicide in runoff may be only trace amounts, but letting chips accumulate in the bottom of the barrel cannot be good.
:pass:
Every day I come here I am eternally grateful I discovered this site and have come to know the people here . I learn something every day without fail . Conversations that take me down another path that I would never have considered . ( I just ordered 200 lemon balm & citronella seeds ) Thank you members your the coolest bunch on the planet . :thumbsup:

Good morning 9Bear. I gotta tell you brother. In trying to catch up, I read some of your ideas for revenge. I thought I was devious with Pouch Rats and Nutria. but I have to stand in the background as you collect the Machiavelli award. I never want you mad at me. :cheers:.

I collect rain water all the time. But never from my shingle roof. Just in case. I'll usually stick the bucket under where the pickup bed drains the most, or where it runs the most off the picnic table.
A good study for somebody with the background and equipment would be to monitor the trace elements in shingle roof run off. A good precaution would be a mesh in the intake to keep the actual chips out. The fungicide in runoff may be only trace amounts, but letting chips accumulate in the bottom of the barrel cannot be good.

Good morning 9Bear. I gotta tell you brother. In trying to catch up, I read some of your ideas for revenge. I thought I was devious with Pouch Rats and Nutria. but I have to stand in the background as you collect the Machiavelli award. I never want you mad at me. :cheers:.
It comes with genetics ( my mother was a Scot with a mean streak ) experience and my imagination .:eyebrows:

Good Morning Feenix Are you saying the shingle manufacturers are using zinc chips to kill or discourage the growth of mycos and other beneficial fungi ?? Kind of counter productive isn't it ??

No. I'm saying that the fungicide, is not selective in the fungus it effects so I question the wisdom of collecting the run off to use in any endeavor where fungi are expected to thrive.
Sorta like using RAID to feed an ant farm.

Last edited:
I've got another one of those stubborn little autoflower/portal seeds that has stuck it nose out of it's shell and put the breaks on .So I plunked it in some root gel to see if I can convince it to grow . :eyebrows:

Good morning Stoners. Green Goblin. Everytime I see a rig like this or just a bucket catching roof run off the first thing I look at is what kind of roof it is. In my roofing days, one of the selling points of even the cheapest shingles was/is the anti fungus (zinc chips) mixed in with the other tiny chips covering each shingle. With mycos and other beneficial fungi used more and more, I always wonder how much, if any, using the roof run off will effect their efficiency.

That is true with the asphalt,I'd imagine metal roofing may be a better option..Could always send a sample off for a water test to see what impact the shingles have on the runoff..Now I'm going to invent some sort of multi-stage charcoal filtration within the downspout before it hits the barrel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back