Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz??!!
Hanging out on a Moanday morn here a Chez' Willie, having a nice big cuppa.
I thought of this last night, I am pretty sure I read someone saying they were thankful for their stash and how good it was to have it and all. So, my thought was that it would be fun to list your stash! Whadya think? Do any of you save a bit of this and that for "archival" purposes? I keep about an 1/8 or so in these half pint jars with some oxygen eaters, still have some of the first bud I grew a few years back.
Here is a partial of my list.
MOB x C99- -gift
Pineapple Express - Fast Buds
Girl Scout Cookies - Fast Buds
Six Shooter - Fast Buds
Walter White - Mephisto
Grape Crinkle - Mephisto
LSD - Barney's Farm
Acapulco Gold - Barney's Farm
Bubba Kush, Auto - HSO
EmDog - HSO
MoonStone - Portal
Stone Dragon - Portal
Critical Cheese - Dinafem
Skywalker Kush - Reserva Privada
Sweet Trainwreck - Sweet Seeds

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Not much left of some of them. Looks kinda crazy when you write it all down!
So what do you have in your stash??

View attachment 742870 View attachment 742871

She looks a bit hungry, I like it, it means she's putting out roots. Gonna starve her for another week, and maybe timelapse the explosion when she starts growing faster. I've started to notice this cycle for younguns. She slows top growth for roots, and when she gets traction down there, BOOM.
Oh yah Well take that .
DSCN1088.JPG

Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz??!!
I thought of this last night, I am pretty sure I read someone saying they were thankful for their stash and how good it was to have it and all. So, my thought was that it would be fun to list your stash! Whadya think? Do any of you save a bit of this and that for "archival" purposes? I keep about an 1/8 or so in these half pint jars with some oxygen eaters, still have some of the first bud I grew a few years back.
MOB x C99- -gift
Six Shooter - Fast Buds
Walter White - Mephisto
Grape Crinkle - Mephisto
LSD - Barney's Farm
Bubba Kush, Auto - HSO
EmDog - HSO
MoonStone - Portal
Stone Dragon - Portal

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Not much left of some of them. Looks kinda crazy when you write it all down!
Stash ??? Whats a stash ?? I haven't grown anything that's worth stashing . :nono:

I got a question. I think I know the answer, but opinions are welcomed.

My first plant was 36 inches high and yielded 114 grams dry. The root ball was jaw droppingly massive. as long as the plant, and completely filled the 6 inch net pot width. The roots were at least as long as the plant was tall.

Second plant had a good root mass, but half what the Freeze B. did. Yet she was 6 ft tall, and only yielded 70 grams.

The question,::
assuming environment is the same,

Smaller root mass = more height and smaller buds?

or

Larger roots = massive bud yield and shorter stature?

or

it's all in the genetics no matter what.

its not always environment that brings out phenotype However there are certain triggers that can. Cold temps like to lock out P and that can give us the purple we see in some plants. There are other factors too but cold temps seem to be biggest trigger for purple. Now as far as the pistils im am not sure if or what the triggers are because ive not been able to simulate it. Id almost say that its genotype for sure bringing that out. Thats a hard one to just make happen

Hi @FullDuplex!!

I haven't grown much purple before. Just a little on some old Silver Pearl indoors organic a long time ago.
Have read about it, though, mainly in Clarke's Marijuana Botany. For me, some theory and no experience! Haha!

I know the general idea for the purple on leaves and calyxes, but I think that the pink pistils is a different thing.
I think some genotypes have it more, but can't remember which. Maybe some afghani / kush types. But not only them.
This indica pheno is, from my best guess, some kind of Mandala Hashberry cross.
I'm going to keep my eyes on it, and see if there is any chance in the pink color due to the weather, e.g. hot or cold, wet or dry.

Will keep you all posted. :p

I got a question. I think I know the answer, but opinions are welcomed.

My first plant was 36 inches high and yielded 114 grams dry. The root ball was jaw droppingly massive. as long as the plant, and completely filled the 6 inch net pot width. The roots were at least as long as the plant was tall.

Second plant had a good root mass, but half what the Freeze B. did. Yet she was 6 ft tall, and only yielded 70 grams.

The question,::
assuming environment is the same,

Smaller root mass = more height and smaller buds?

or

Larger roots = massive bud yield and shorter stature?

or

it's all in the genetics no matter what.
Good question which brings back the question of pot size . Not trying to muddy the waters but smaller pot smaller root mass , early finish ?? Larger pot larger root mass later finish or is it all in the genetics .
I'm inclined to think it's probable a combo of all of the above .IMO :toke:

There was some conversation somewhere, about using ice to encourage purpling strains. Was that with you @Maria Sanchez? I was wondering how it worked for him.

Hey @VitaMan

Usually the theory behind purple calyxes and leaves is that the plant has to have these genes in the first place,
then some plants will do it almost all the time, whereas others need certain conditions.
One condition is related to K, because IIRC, the purple is potassium cyanide. (Read this a long time ago.... not sure if correct!)
Recently I totally over fertilized some nice lemon mint plants of mine with high P K nutes, and the leaf undersides all turned deep purple.
Another condition is temperature. There are lots of ways of bringing down the temp, e.g. icing the plants.

But, the pink on the pistils is the pistils, not the calyxes.
It's a different issue, as far as I can see.

There was some conversation somewhere, about using ice to encourage purpling strains. Was that with you @Maria Sanchez? I was wondering how it worked for him.

Hey @VitaMan

Usually the theory behind purple calyxes and leaves is that the plant has to have these genes in the first place,
then some plants will do it almost all the time, whereas others need certain conditions.
One condition is related to K, because IIRC, the purple is potassium cyanide. (Read this a long time ago.... not sure if correct!)
Recently I totally over fertilized some nice lemon mint plants of mine with high P K nutes, and the leaf undersides all turned deep purple.
Another condition is temperature. There are lots of ways of bringing down the temp, e.g. icing the plants.

But, the pink on the pistils is the pistils, not the calyxes.
It's a different issue, as far as I can see.

Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz??!!
MOB x C99- -gift
Six Shooter - Fast Buds
Walter White - Mephisto
Grape Crinkle - Mephisto
LSD - Barney's Farm
Bubba Kush, Auto - HSO
EmDog - HSO
MoonStone - Portal
Stone Dragon - Portal

I'll play. I don't have a lot. I also did not choose or pay for any of it!

White Widow Auto, blk
Killer Kush Auto, Sweets Seeds
Northern Lights Auto, Pyramid
Afghan Kush (photo), World Of Seeds
Bubba Cheese Auto, Emerald Triangle
Kripple Roulette (photo?), Dr. Krippling
Crystal Meth (photo), Dr. Underground
Critical Ganja (photo), Makka
White Jem, ALF#5, and unknown Stones on the way

There's tons of stuff people grow around here that I don't even know who breeds them. A lot of the new or unreleased stuff especially. I bet the White Jem is related to Mossy's Jem, but not sure. @FullDuplex Can you enlighten me on this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back