Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ozone69 when do you submit you buds to the press . Do you dry , cure. and then press or do take them directly from the plant to the press and do you trim the sugar leaves or just stick the whole bud in the press. :biggrin:

From what I've experienced, you absolutely have to dry things first. If there is too much moisture in the plant material I get a runny, goopy mess when pressing with no usable rosin.

Curing I'm on the fence about. From what I can tell in actual testing it didn't seem to make much difference. But them some of my best presses were on stuff that was "forgotten" in the back of the closet for half a year. So empirically, more cure I would say helps. But when I did a press at one week, two weeks, one month, two months, on the same jar it didn't seem to make much difference so the scientific evidence is a little contrary to the empirical. *shrug* :smoking:

I do a very rough trim and leave most of the sugar leaves on. I rarely smoke anymore, so everything is either going into the rosin press or the Magical Butter Machine where leaving the leaves on doesn't effect the end product like it does for smoking (for tincture...cooking butter/oil in MBM might benefit from less plant taste).

IMG_3828.JPG

Wait a sec...did you have germ problems?
Yes and no . I bought 8 and received some freebies . Some of the original 8 didn't make it don't recall how many now but I germinated some of the freebies finally got 8 plants out of 12 + seeds .After about 5 to 6 weeks discovered 3 were male the rest were genetic runts . Stone compensated me with more seeds not enought to even cover my original purchase I was not impressed . The end .

Last edited:
@DH22 First hand experience....portal potency is exceptional(and i have grow ALOT 150+ of different strains mostly photos) Ive grown out i think 10 or 11 portal strains and every plant has been great in smell taste and potency. Not the biggest plants, but very profuse buds.(not uncommon to pull 1.5 oz off a 12" tall plant)
1.5 oz off 12"! I hope to get 3 in my capillary box, then.
I got 3.6 oz dry bud from my Zenseeds Hoffmann.

1.5 oz off 12"! I hope to get 3 in my capillary box, then.
I got 3.6 oz dry bud from my Zenseeds Hoffmann.

Iirc i am at 6 or 7 portals at 1.5oz or better with the plants all being under 14" tall. Portal strain do great in smaller pots(1.5gallon) confined in their space.
Miniature brutes they are!! Lots of pics in the dragon meds category.

Iirc i am at 6 or 7 portals at 1.5oz or better with the plants all being under 14" tall. Portal strain do great in smaller pots(1.5gallon) confined in their space.
Agreed little but potent plants...

Okay. So you suggest I use small pots, rather than try to grow it as big as I can?

i just finished up a ruby, so far my best pull yet on a portal...again under 15" tall and in a 1.5 gallon pot. I weighed her at 90% dry and got 90 grams! Sweet...figuring almost 3oz on that little sucker.
I did a ruby her buds look like little rubies I think I got just at 55 grams.. will be doing another of her eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back