Status
Not open for further replies.
@1939bear I agree on the nutrients and cobs. I can't agree or disagree on the pot size though. One thing I can say is that a large pot has never seemed to hold my plants back. I run 7 gallon air pots and have done it for a year. I won't go back to anything smaller as in flower time I hardly get 36 hours before they are dry.
I think the thought on smaller pots was that it may ?? force the plants to finish earlier .

@1939bear I agree on the nutrients and cobs. I can't agree or disagree on the pot size though. One thing I can say is that a large pot has never seemed to hold my plants back. I run 7 gallon air pots and have done it for a year. I won't go back to anything smaller as in flower time I hardly get 36 hours before they are dry.

I have 2x 5gal 1x 7gal airports and yeah so so far the 7gal takea forever to sry out. Of course the Skystomper is in the 7 and still really young. Having a hard time keeping up the CalMag I think and had to switch to 3 cobs on and one off for now to give her leaves a rest.

Personaly I would not go 50/50 with perlite/soil. The perlite will probably settle. Think about 20/20/60 perlite/compost/soil. Perlite does not exchange nutes with the roots well, but provides AWESOME drainage. The compost would hold onto a more appropriate amount of water, and increase microbial life and nutrient exchange. You are not likely to overwater with a heavy perlite.

I'm a bit lighter but not by much. I have 3:2 soil mix:perlite.

I think the thought on smaller pots was that it may ?? force the plants to finish earlier .
Maybe that's why my plants always finish so late. Never really known or cared as long as I didn't have to water twice a day. I'd say it makes sense though.

Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz!?!?
Hey @1939bear Happy Sunday. Nice list of points. I never hear of 1, 2 sounds pretty good and so does three. That is one of the cool things about AFN. We really have a lot of knowledge to share. Thanks for aggregating some of it.

Used that monster brush cutter. What a device, with that saw blade attached it made short work of just about anything. It was going through 3-4 inch saplings like butter. Amazing, but have to be careful with the big stuff. Crazy thing was it only took about 20 minutes of cutting to make a days worth of clearing and cleaning!

I received my "Almost Complete" autocobs yesterday so I only need the driver. I ordered from Mouser and they are pretty quick so maybe midweek.

Enjoy this swell Sunday all!!

Try one of these next time. I've cleared acres a day several times with one. You should see what it does to tree trunks.

Good Sunday morning!! How is all you beautiful people???

Thanks @green genes for posting some killer tunes that have impeeded my continuance through the thread:finger::haha::thumbsup:

:headbang:

It makes me jealous because I love scream-singing, but can't imbibe in that joy for another couple days.

Vicariously I well... Here!

:smokeout::vibe:

Last edited:
Just watched this video quick question. Since i have 4 auto cobs should i run my uvb in between the plants and the cobs or on the same level as the cobs?
I have mine at the same level to avoid interrupting the cobs light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back