Status
Not open for further replies.
It is addicting growing autos trying to get them as big as possible with out ROT setting in

hey, got another question. early on i read you shouldn't over water autos or any other plant, but let it get good and dry first. at KISorganics they say to not let the soil ever go dry, not to let the microbes die im thinking. well how can you do both? keep the soil damp and risk root rot? bad for plant growth? im not sure what to do

hey, got another question. early on i read you shouldn't over water autos or any other plant, but let it get good and dry first. at KISorganics they say to not let the soil ever go dry, not to let the microbes die im thinking. well how can you do both? keep the soil damp and risk root rot? bad for plant growth? im not sure what to do

tough question... I water when my pots become light to lift, the soil is not completely dry (that I would not recommend) but on its way. I also put my finger in the soil to test it. By the time stretch happens I can time this to every 36hrs, every other day or 3 depending on what size pots they are in. I water to a good run off of about 10-20%. Now some like to water a smaller amount every day with no run off, check out Tangs growing style for that info.
So you can do both but I recommend watering when pot become light, until you have a 10% ish run off.

I do the same thing with my Amare in warmer months. It's a life saver.

You know our fixtures and autos. Your results confirm this fact sir.

Is the driver in there dimable manually? Is it a meanweel or another brand?

It will be dimmable Meanwell, controlled by a master dimmer/dial.

Last edited:
Good Morning A.F.N.
A lot of good chat yesterday evening which brings me to this observation that there must be at this point some constants to insure success growing our beloved plant .
For example :
( 1 ) autos will produce larger yields in small pots ??
( 2 ) White light or cob's + UV is more effective than red, blue , yellow ,etc you get the drift .
( 3 ) low to no salt nutrients are better for plants ??
I know there are more than just the few that I have posted here and perhaps my observations are not completely accurate but is there away we could pool your experience into one source . I may not be expressing myself clearly but I think you get the idea . :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back