Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pretty upset I lost some bud to rot/mold
I knew it wasn't drying fast enough :(
Really hope the rest of surrounding buds are not spored and bad. I have no idea how it works

Homie!!!!!! Please tell me you've heard of bud washing?!?! If you haven't, let me put you onto something truly awesome.........

I've posted it a few times around here but it's ultra-simple, DOES NOT, I <REPEAT> DOES NOT affect potency or quality of the bud, unless by quality, you ingest buds that are void of dust, animal/human hairs, buds/bug turds (although @Chester says that's what gives bud its great flavor), etc... and also can be done to cleanse buds of mold spores..

Let me be clear though; any moldy bud MUST be discarded for health reasons.. Don't even bother trying it; it's not worth it... If you end up chopping out whatever affected areas, then this would be the ideal time to wash them..

If you have no traces of mold or pests, the Hydrogen Peroxide step can be omitted, however from my experience, if you live in an extremely humid area, it can aid in the drying of the buds, to a small extent.. The H2O2 step tends to dry the buds quicker anyway, so keep that in mind..

The FULL Monty:

4 Buckets, preferably 5gal, but as long as they're big enough to fit branches or the entire plant in it, then you're good, but that could be fucking huge..

Bucket 1 - 1 Part drug-store Hydrogen Peroxide, 4 parts clean water (tap is fine) (in a 5gal bucket, 4 gals water, 1gal H2O2)

Bucket 2 -

Hot water By hot, I mean as hot as your hands can stand, unless you have peripheral neuropathy, then usually as hot as your tap can put out
equal parts Lemon juice (not lemonade or sugary mixes w/ lemon, I use bottled for ease, but actual lemon juice can be used sans seeds and pulp) and baking soda.......... For this, I sorta eyeball it.. There must be a scientific or precision quantity for the most ideal cleaning power, however, I usually go w/ 4gals of water and about 4TBS of each.. For the metric dudes, it'd be for roughly 15ltrs of water, you'd want roughly 120ml-ish of lemon juice and roughly 120gms of baking soda or soda powder..

****Caveat**** When you introduce the soda and juice the water WILL FIZZ, so if you filled your containers to the brim with water, you may have some spillage

Bucket 3 -

Hot water (READ: same as above)

Bucket 4 - Cold water, as in the coldest water out of your tap, unless it's close to freezing.. Not sure of the most perfect temp, but something cold out of the tap is fine.

The steps are easy..

1. Grasp buds by their stems.. I usually only trim main stems off the main stalk because they're easier to work with.
2. Literally dunk the entire branch under the water and VIGOROUSLY swish around in the bucket for 30-60sec.. The key here is VIGOROUS!!!!
***If you are doing the disinfectant/H2O2 wash, then it MUST remain submersed for 60sec. You may see fizzing in the solution and that may indicate pathogens
3. Let branch drip as much off of it before dunking into next bucket..
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you've dunked it into each bucket for 30-60sec..
5. Find a suitable location that is NOT in direct light and can handle being dripped on for the next 6-12hrs.
6. Let buds drip-dry to the point where they are moist like fresh vegetation.
7. Trim as you see fit and dry in your preferred method.

Like I said, the H2O2 wash does speed up the drying process a little, so keep an eye on your drying RH.

I do this to 90% of ALL of my buds and have never had an adverse reaction.. Hope it helps someone!!!

7815 ..approx # of days since i drank alcohol....60..# of days since i smoke cigarettes....0..# of people who prolly care:crying:...:cheers:Happy Sunday Everybody......23..# of steps till i light a spliff !!!

What I did. Took chunks. More than was moldy.
My fear is. The spores . How contagious are they. Had other colas near the moldy colas hanging about an inch to two apart. I read even though you can't see don't mean it's not there.
What have you got to loose try the peroxide anyhow ! ! :thumbsup:

7815 ..approx # of days since i drank alcohol....60..# of days since i smoke cigarettes....0..# of people who prolly care:crying:...:cheers:Happy Sunday Everybody......23..# of steps till i light a spliff !!!
Next thing you'll be tell us that you joined the Holly Rollers . :nono:

Homie!!!!!! Please tell me you've heard of bud washing?!?! If you haven't, let me put you onto something truly awesome.........

I've posted it a few times around here but it's ultra-simple, DOES NOT, I <REPEAT> DOES NOT affect potency or quality of the bud, unless by quality, you ingest buds that are void of dust, animal/human hairs, buds/bug turds (although @Chester says that's what gives bud its great flavor), etc... and also can be done to cleanse buds of mold spores..

Let me be clear though; any moldy bud MUST be discarded for health reasons.. Don't even bother trying it; it's not worth it... If you end up chopping out whatever affected areas, then this would be the ideal time to wash them..

If you have no traces of mold or pests, the Hydrogen Peroxide step can be omitted, however from my experience, if you live in an extremely humid area, it can aid in the drying of the buds, to a small extent.. The H2O2 step tends to dry the buds quicker anyway, so keep that in mind..

The FULL Monty:

4 Buckets, preferably 5gal, but as long as they're big enough to fit branches or the entire plant in it, then you're good, but that could be fucking huge..

Bucket 1 - 1 Part drug-store Hydrogen Peroxide, 4 parts clean water (tap is fine) (in a 5gal bucket, 4 gals water, 1gal H2O2)

Bucket 2 -

Hot water By hot, I mean as hot as your hands can stand, unless you have peripheral neuropathy, then usually as hot as your tap can put out
equal parts Lemon juice (not lemonade or sugary mixes w/ lemon, I use bottled for ease, but actual lemon juice can be used sans seeds and pulp) and baking soda.......... For this, I sorta eyeball it.. There must be a scientific or precision quantity for the most ideal cleaning power, however, I usually go w/ 4gals of water and about 4TBS of each.. For the metric dudes, it'd be for roughly 15ltrs of water, you'd want roughly 120ml-ish of lemon juice and roughly 120gms of baking soda or soda powder..

****Caveat**** When you introduce the soda and juice the water WILL FIZZ, so if you filled your containers to the brim with water, you may have some spillage

Bucket 3 -

Hot water (READ: same as above)

Bucket 4 - Cold water, as in the coldest water out of your tap, unless it's close to freezing.. Not sure of the most perfect temp, but something cold out of the tap is fine.

The steps are easy..

1. Grasp buds by their stems.. I usually only trim main stems off the main stalk because they're easier to work with.
2. Literally dunk the entire branch under the water and VIGOROUSLY swish around in the bucket for 30-60sec.. The key here is VIGOROUS!!!!
***If you are doing the disinfectant/H2O2 wash, then it MUST remain submersed for 60sec. You may see fizzing in the solution and that may indicate pathogens
3. Let branch drip as much off of it before dunking into next bucket..
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you've dunked it into each bucket for 30-60sec..
5. Find a suitable location that is NOT in direct light and can handle being dripped on for the next 6-12hrs.
6. Let buds drip-dry to the point where they are moist like fresh vegetation.
7. Trim as you see fit and dry in your preferred method.

Like I said, the H2O2 wash does speed up the drying process a little, so keep an eye on your drying RH.

I do this to 90% of ALL of my buds and have never had an adverse reaction.. Hope it helps someone!!!
So should I do this to the rest of my half dry buds? Then re start dry? All mold found was from the same plant different boxes same plant. So I feel ok with the other plant hanging . Just cautious of this one . But is this guide in a thread? So it's not lost in live stoners.

thanks for posting this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back