Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Scirzo sorry about luck with the fan. I hope someone can help you

No Canadians up or Americans on the eastern boarder??

Hello Scirzo sorry about luck with the fan. I hope someone can help you
I hope so too, because it will get pretty warm in the cabinet the coming months. The fan I'm using now is static and too large...

Hi guys! I can't seem to find an oscilating fan that's small enough to fit in my 23"x23"x41" cabinet and has a normal plug (no usb). Is there anyone on here that can point me to the right webshop?

At 2ft by 2ft, you don't need an oscillating fan, sure its a bonus but just stick a regular small 4-6in clip on fan of in a corner, or if wanting to have a bit more circulation and in a second fan pointing a different direction, and that will easily take care of your needs.

but by your later post, what is your exhaust fan, as so long as your can exchange enough air you can keep things around ambient, also what are you doing for intake as well, as a circulation fan in a bad setup is more of a stop gap when other things should be addressed.

At 2ft by 2ft, you don't need an oscillating fan, sure its a bonus but just stick a regular small 4-6in clip on fan of in a corner, or if wanting to have a bit more circulation and in a second fan pointing a different direction, and that will easily take care of your needs.

but by your later post, what is your exhaust fan, as so long as your can exchange enough air you can keep things around ambient, also what are you doing for intake as well, as a circulation fan in a bad setup is more of a stop gap when other things should be addressed.
Thanks for helping out!
I bought a "plug and play" cabinet that included a Pk2600 Mini carbon filter 160M3, with exit fan, a Winflex 125 VKO in line axial fan (whatever the hell that all means...), 185m3/hour. The air intake is passive: three holes down in the cabinet with protection caps. There was, indeed, no fan included. So, you're saying that I might not need one? My first round ever went great with the current static fan, but it's just too large. I do need to cool, though. So a clip fan will suffice. Unfortunately, most clip fans use a usb connection. Do you know of a clip fan with plug?

There is a equation so you can figure out the size of exhaust you need and ventilation for your area for optimal air movement every hour I cannot remember it off by hand but you want the exhaust to draw hard enough to get excellent exchange of air. I would install a ventilation fan if you do not have one something a little smaller so it gets pulled by the exhaust.

Just sampled some of my dried buds. It was just some popcorn, but man was it a nice smoke.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Which one was it? Can you give a quick smoke report? Like: heady, stoney, euphoric, hungry, where-are-my-pants, creative, energized, etc?
So happy for ya! Your own stuff is the best

There is a equation so you can figure out the size of exhaust you need and ventilation for your area for optimal air movement every hour I cannot remember it off by hand but you want the exhaust to draw hard enough to get excellent exchange of air. I would install a ventilation fan if you do not have one something a little smaller so it gets pulled by the exhaust.

That equation is by finding the volume of your grow area.
Ex: my grow room is 4 x 8 x 6
4'*8'*6'=192 cubic feet
So, to do an air change every hour I would need a fan that has a higher rate than 192 CFH or 3.2 CFM. Cubic Feet per Hour, Cubic Feet per Minute.
I think... for some reason something about it feels wrong.

Edit:
I think we want our air cycled more often. Like every couple minutes. That's why it felt wrong.
We'd want greater than 96 CFM for the example room. But, I always get a much higher CFM than that (like 400 CFM in the example) and hook it to a variable fan speed controller that keeps it from working at 100% at all times. I think they last a bit longer.

Last edited:
That equation is by finding the volume of your grow area.
Ex: my grow room is 4 x 8 x 6
4'*8'*6'=192 cubic feet
So, to do an air change every hour I would need a fan that has a higher rate than 192 CFH or 3.2 CFM. Cubic Feet per Hour, Cubic Feet per Minute.
I think... for some reason something about it feels wrong.

Edit:
I think we want our air cycled more often. Like every couple minutes. That's why it felt wrong.
We'd want greater than 96 CFM for the example room. But, I always get a much higher CFM than that (like 400 CFM in the example) and hook it to a variable fan speed controller that keeps it from working at 100% at all times. I think they last a bit longer.

I'm sure that the filter with fan that came with the cabinet work okay. I'm to lazy to do maths to grow a plant. Lol!

It's not air refreshment I'm looking for. I just feel like there should be a bit of movement of leaves and branches. Before I started I read as much info I could find. Then I internalize that info and let instinct and logic in the mix. One of the "gut-feelings" I keep having after my first grow, is that I need to get the lady to think the bud sites are catching a breeze, so that she starts pumping them up to catch pollen that are transported by the wind.

I like gut-feelings. They serve me well.

Which one was it? Can you give a quick smoke report? Like: heady, stoney, euphoric, hungry, where-are-my-pants, creative, energized, etc?
So happy for ya! Your own stuff is the best
I cant say for sure which girl it was. It had fallen off a branch during the chop. The high was stoney but not couch lock. It came in waves that got stronger and I just felt really relaxed. Cant wait to try some real cured bud! Oh Barbara ended up giving me 64 g of good bud plus 8 g of popcorn and 8g of trim for hash. Lucy will probably be jarred tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back