Status
Not open for further replies.
first line of google says 7-10 days in a propegator. so ill read no more. chuck a couple in root riots in a sandwich tub, in the tent and see how i get on. works with weed so fingers crossed. ill do my first run without google see how i get on...
Hopefully I'm wrong, I'd love to grow hot peppers from seed but haven't because of the long germ time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

giphy (26).gif

Barbara on Tuesday? I think:

20170509_202655_noexif.jpg
20170509_202721_noexif.jpg

Today:
20170512_170654_noexif.jpg

Not too worried about the yellowing leaves... Does it normally happen that fast?

This worries me a little more:

20170512_170718_noexif.jpg

And this is either potassium def or light stress( kinda hard to see, but the edges are brown and curling upward and there is some brown spotting on the uppermost leaves):

20170512_170742_noexif.jpg
20170512_170808_noexif.jpg

None of these were there the day of feeding. I noticed them the day after. These images are like 3 days after feed.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I'd love to grow hot peppers from seed but haven't because of the long germ time.

i was looking for seedlings but theyre (devon chilli farm) sold out of everything for the year! youd think theyd have some under lights all year round but apparently not. seen my mum get seedlings to bushes on her windowsill last year but no idea about seeds. theyll have 3 weeks in the tent before its lights out for a fortnight while i resupply so hopefully they get a kick start : )

first line of google says 7-10 days in a propegator. so ill read no more. chuck a couple in root riots in a sandwich tub, in the tent and see how i get on. works with weed so fingers crossed. ill do my first run without google see how i get on...
the germ isn't that bad, though you probably should have gotten em started already, do it up brother! :pass:

i was looking for seedlings but theyre (devon chilli farm) sold out of everything for the year! youd think theyd have some under lights all year round but apparently not. seen my mum get seedlings to bushes on her windowsill last year but no idea about seeds. theyll have 3 weeks in the tent before its lights out for a fortnight while i resupply so hopefully they get a kick start : )
Let me know how it goes. I would definitely like to grow peppers from seed next year.

View attachment 748058 View attachment 748059

Today:
View attachment 748054

Not too worried about the yellowing leaves... Does it normally happen that fast?

View attachment 748055

And this is either potassium def or light stress( kinda hard to see, but the edges are brown and curling upward and there is some brown spotting on the uppermost leaves):

View attachment 748056 View attachment 748057

None of these were there the day of feeding. I noticed them the day after. These images are like 3 days after feed.
i may stand corrected and be publicly ridiculed for drunken diagnosis as theyres generally many a jedi around here but im fairly sure that leaf tips and/or margin curling up is almost always environmental factors. light to close. fan not in the right position/angle/height from the canopy. genral poor air movement/extraction, temps to high
ie. light burn/windburn etc. if it was a nute issue it wouldnt do that......
i think.......
edit:
also i cant see them but just minded you said brown spots on leaves. that sounds like over transpiration to me. basically any combination of the above making the plants overly sweaty. the water drops sort of burn onto the leaves under the light. theres an awesome article on here about VPD- vapor pressure deficit. that goes into a lot of detail about it that i havent quite got to grips with yet but someone on this thread showed me it so they might spot this lol.

Last edited:

View attachment 748058 View attachment 748059

Today:
View attachment 748054

View attachment 748055

View attachment 748056 View attachment 748057

At this point I wouldn't even worry about it, she's finishing up and will be just fine I'm pretty sure. Some plants look pretty ragged by the time they're done. And I'd say that cola swelled quite a bit in 3 days. Very nice.

Do it man. Its not as bad as you think!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Too late this year, but next year I'll definitely order seeds. Not sure why I thought they needed like 30 days at 80°. So many more hot pepper options if you grow from seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back