Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. I know now to not put extra Pearlite in, but I'm also done with roots soil.

Bugs. Soil seems to have eaten two seeds... I'm less than impressed.

Addendum- it's light Everytime I pick up the pot. It's also been really slow to enter flower. The above post shows em side-by-side, you can see the heft and comparative fullness better the two.

If I "catch up" on feedings, will the droop vanish? Or is it like nute burn, observe new growth for proper remediation?
If mine get real dry sometimes I get run off but they're still light and will suck up some of the run off if left in it. I think this might be what's happening to you, getting run off but not actually being saturated.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And you're only feeding 500ml at a time? Should be close to a full gallon every time. I feed 2/3 of a gallon in a 3gal smart pot every 3 days.

I see that, and I think it's outrageous, or a typo... Even my initial soil prep flush, if I put half a gallon of water in, it saturated and dry within 2 days. Rh is 45-55% temps@ 68-80

Roots organic? And what bugs eat seeds?
Yes. Idk, but I have one pot that's had two seeds in it and nothing has popped from it. I've found organic mechanics is better soil for me currently (less than half the price of roots). I have removed plants from inside with gnats that only arrived with the introduction of the soil in question

Supplemental - I've been feeding everyday for a week and I would think that I'd catch up eventually. I mean 24 hours feed -/+ 30 minutes.

I see that, and I think it's outrageous, or a typo... Even my initial soil prep flush, if I put half a gallon of water in, it saturated and dry within 2 days. Rh is 45-55% temps@ 68-80

Yes. Idk, but I have one pot that's had two seeds in it and nothing has popped from it. I've found organic mechanics is better soil for me currently (less than half the price of roots). I have removed plants from inside with gnats that only arrived with the introduction of the soil in question
You probably aren't fully saturated. Sometimes it can be really a pain in the ass to get new soil to take the water, once it does though you will see it suck it right up and you will be surprised how much water it will hold.

Supplemental - I've been feeding everyday for a week and I would think that I'd catch up eventually. I mean 24 hours feed -/+ 30 minutes.
A good thing to do no matter what soil you use is to prepare your pots a week in advance..

I start all seedlings in a root riot in the final pot with a clear plastic cup over them..

A week before I put the root riot in I put my amended soil on bottom and fill the rest with roots organic.. I water with a solution of 25% hydrogen peroxide and 75% distilled water. I do this twice.. the HP kills any bugs and adds oxygen to the soil.. I never have any problems after that...

Thanks @Dmrides220 and @Raoul-Duke @Ripper .

I've seen stuff on saponins and wetting agents like yucca (or maybe a drip of a drop of dish soap, if I didn't read/member incorrectly?) Or should I just work more to incrementalize my feedings to avoid runoff until we're back looking decent?

Thanks @Dmrides220 and @Raoul-Duke .

I've seen stuff on saponins and wetting agents like yucca (or maybe a drip of a drop of dish soap, if I didn't read/member incorrectly?) Or should I just work more to incrementalize my feedings to avoid runoff until we're back looking decent?
I use a wetting agent and let it sit in the initial run off for half hour. Once you get it saturated there is no need to let it sit in its own piss and you will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back