@Eekman - that should be ok. EC meters are more forgiving than pH, in any case, did it come with calibration liquids?
I only ever used Bluelab's which come factory calibrated and doesn't need further calibration. I think they're the only ones that do this

I will investigate Mr. Groff. Thank you both, Root is gonna water again today.

Maybe if someone could let us know if it is okay that not all of the medium is getting wet? Still have that preferred amount of run off 8 liters of Slurry nets about 3/4 cup of run off

0002.jpg
Same model, different casing.

Use a tiny screw driver to calibrate, I don't have any solution, but it is supposedly factory calibrated. I do think it is still going strong, all our readings on the water is very consistant. I will track down a solution though.

HM Digital

TDS-EZ Water Quality Tester

Ideal for all basic water testing applications. The best value meter in the world!

Instruction Manual
Features

• Economy model that is ideal for end-users.
  • Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology.
  • Hold Function: saves measurements for convenient reading and recording.
  • Auto-off function: the meter shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries.
  • Measurement Range: 0-9990 ppm. From 0-999 ppm, the resolution is in increments of 1ppm. From 1000 to 9990 ppm, the resolution is in increments of 10ppm, indicated by a blinking 'x10' image.
  • Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen.
  • Factory Calibrated: our meters are calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution. Meters can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver.
  • Fun, translucent blue housing that's very strong and durable.
  • Includes a TDS chart sticker on the back of the meter that explains TDS values.
  • Comes in a retail-oriented package.
  • Need help deciding which meter is right for you? View our TDS/EC Meter Selection Guide.
Specifications
Range: 0 - 9990 ppm (mg/L)

Resolution: 0-999: 1 ppm; 1000-9990: 10 ppm (indicated by a 'x10' icon)

Accuracy: +/- 3%

EC-to-TDS Conversion Factor: NaCl (avg. 0.5)

Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included) (LR44 or equivalent)

Battery life: Approx. 1000 hours of usage

Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.1 x 2.3cm (6.1 x 1.25 x 1 inches)

Meter weight: 56.7g (2 oz)

Weight with package: 76.5g (2.7 oz)

UPC: 891144000168

@Eekman - no rush, it's quite new right? Should be ok. In any case, even if it's slightly wrong EC meters are for general indications. From then on let the girls do all the talking :dancer:

At this point I generally only water around the base every day, with just a little to refresh the roots. Right now it's really tiny and shooting straight down and just a little sideways. I use canna coco pro, so it's generally nice and moist out of the bag. But when it's too dry, reused, or other brands, I give it a nice first soft soak, yes.

Just avoid "overwatering" or "water-logging" as it is wrongfully referred to. You can't overwater coco, but you can create stagnant oxygen depleted zones.

So if you happen you have droopy plants in long moist coco, and people naturally assume water-logging, the best is NOT to wait an let it dry. The best to do is to shower or "flush" all that coco with fresh solution, so it forces all the air out and replenishes it.

Coco holds aloooot of water. So just take it slow and steady as she grows and it will be perfect. Coco is hard to overdo and underdo. Very practical.

Hope it makes sense, just had me a spliftster :smoking:

Last edited:
@Eekman - no rush, it's quite new right? Should be ok. In any case, even if it's slightly wrong EC meters are for general indications. From then on let the girls do all the talking :dancer:

At this point I generally only water around the base every day, with just a little to refresh the roots. Right now it's really tiny and shooting straight down and just a little sideways. I use canna coco pro, so it's generally nice and moist out of the bag. But when it's too dry, reused, or other brands, I give it a nice first soft soak, yes.

Just avoid "overwatering" or "water-logging" as it is wrongfully referred to. You can't overwater coco, but you can create stagnant oxygen depleted zones.

So if you happen you have droopy plants in long moist coco, and people naturally assume water-logging, the best is NOT to wait an let it dry. The best to do is to shower or "flush" all that coco with fresh solution, so it forces all the air out and replenishes it.

Coco holds aloooot of water. So just take it slow and steady as she grows and it will be perfect. Coco is hard to overdo and underdo. Very practical.

Hope it makes sense, just had me a spliftster :smoking:

Hey Groff,

I got ya, I ain't panicking yet. Deep breaths. In. Out. And thanks for the help too. I came home after work tonight and the gals are getting bigger, will to an official update tomorrow.

Happy my Friday Everyone.

:pass:

Hello Everyone @Remo Nutrients, and the rest of you all.

Official Remo Nutrients by a newb nute user. I like to call it, "Coco for Dummies" ( @Mossy )

We are at day 14, finishing up the 6ml slurry today, and will start the week 3 regimen as per the Remo Chart. That would be 7ml per gallon. We are pretty much watering full strength, almost every day. I know I am new at this, but I think these gals are looking great for two weeks old.

I picked up some silica, and some organic foliar spray from the local hydro shop. Like walking into a store we used to go into five years ago, nothing new at all, No full spectrum LED's, and nothing in the way of the new stuff we see and test everyday. I brought the REMO brochure with me to show them, but they were smoking pot, lol and were kinda rude. Not every day you go into a place, and the employees are not hiding the joint they are smoking as they walked by us entering the front door. I think the owner lady shoulda went out and took a few pulls off that J. It might have made our experience a better one.

I had the platinum 150 vegging, and they weren't getting lateral growth as much as I had wanted at 26 inches. So I upped it to thirty inches and it is seeming to take that a lot better. Tonight I turned on the Solar storm for more penetration.

We will probably start with the silica tomorrow with the new week of nutes.

Thanks everyone,
IMG_1607.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1714.JPG
IMG_1715.JPG

This is the foliar spray

fpf-540x540.jpg

Okay Everyone, that's all for today, look for more in a few days.

:amazon:

:jointman:

Back