...reboot time, now under it's true name Phyter!

So, the next girl due in, and currently is in rot prime time, is the semi-auto ChemD/SDHaze... today I saw a single iffy looking leaf, and a small browned-out one below it. It was sample snip time anyway, so I took that small inner node bud home, trimmed and had a close look; Only that one single small leaf rotted and half dried, yellow one still firm and well attached... rotted one was sandwiched between others, perfect for spreading but it didn't = :greenthumb::clapper: -- amazing!

So, the next girl due in, and currently is in rot prime time, is the semi-auto ChemD/SDHaze... today I saw a single iffy looking leaf, and a small browned-out one below it. It was sample snip time anyway, so I took that small inner node bud home, trimmed and had a close look; Only that one single small leaf rotted and half dried, yellow one still firm and well attached... rotted one was sandwiched between others, perfect for spreading but it didn't = :greenthumb::clapper: -- amazing!
That's pretty much what I've found. What rot I've found is isolated and sure doesn't seem to spread.

Took down two plants today. One is drying, the other is on the compost pile.

The growing climate. 49N Latitude in the Northwest Pacific Coastal Biosphere.

Springtime here is mid 60's on a good day and upper 40's overnight. Lot's of showers and party sunny days.
Summer was hot and dry. Summer starts mid June, and ends around September 1st. Then the rains come, The RH goes way up, night and day.
If i was mold, i'd hang out in those conditions, thankyou. :smoking:

The compost pile plant was in the greenhouse, with fans for air circulation. When I started checking the plant today, there were numerous areas of BR throughout the plant. This plant did not receive a weekly Phyter foliar application.

The branches on top are some taken off another plant that is being treated with Phyter since flowering started. They were healthy branches, growing underneath the canopy where they didn't have a chance to mature. So those are mixed in there as well.

compost.jpg

The Red Mandarine was treated with Phyter from transplant, when the root ball was saturated with Phyter. Weekly applications until two weeks ago.

rm 9-21.jpg

So the score here is Phyter :weed: :thumbsup::weed:

Non Phyter :sadcry:

I still have 3 plants going. They all started flower late, and none would make it without help. Two plants have been receiving weekly applications, and the other plant since it went into flower. Will see how those go. I'll run em until they get chopped, one way or another. Weather is not their friend right now, but the salmon like it, and the trees. So it's all good, one way or the other. :smoking:

Thanks @Phyter. Love the product, and thanks for letting me test it out. I will update when there is any pertinent information on the others.

@Kyote While I'm sorry to see the plants hitting the compost, I am appreciative that you left a control for the trial. That red mandarine is gorgeous.
Happy to help
:D CHEERS!

*transplant post from Olderfarts thread* :face: :haha:

:bighug: OF my man, great finish and a very nice write up on final thoughts and results! .... BTW, apologies, I have let this thread slip by me :face:LOL!
So far I'd say you, Bill and Jean have put Phyter to a real-deal test, and it's all praises- :bravo:... my turn, weather pending, is coming up.... To be fair, it's been a foggy Summer, some drizzle, always high RH% and night T's in the 50's, very mold friendly- :rofl:.. but nothing compared to the rains, heat, smothering RH%, cool nights too for some,...
As you know, stress and nute hiccups can weaken a plants defenses, so what your plants went through as your "caveats" only adds to the testing!

Wow, talk about ink-dipped stuff OF :drool:... pigment load is off the charts!
Thanks again OF, you are now an Official test Subject for Life- :rofl: :thanks: :bighug:

Bryon, further thanks for offering us this chance to test your fine product out! There's more to come, particularly from me and @Jean-O :woohoo1:
I have more news myself... next girl due in is this ChemDSourDiesel Haze semi-auto, about 10 days out perhaps,... So far on her, just a few small spots, and all of them surface attacks, no stem diving shit-show infections! In fact what I do find is shut-down, even drying out with no further spreading. Just tips of small florets basically,... it seems between the plant and Phyter, the infection can be door-slammed out quickly!
Nothing at all on Garlicane, Cherry WiFi's, which are prime for attacks right now... :thumbsup:
...the Doors x Orig, Hazes are still too early in bloom for attacks...
Now, the New Malawi Killer x Orange Glue in the last 2 days has started acting up with several infections sites, but at least the same pattern, surface hits, limited spread, some already shutting down.
Let me back up a bit first and say the mold resistance of this one is pretty well untested, so that is certainly a mitigating factor. I've had some cultivars that were so weak against mold, it was pathetic... Nothing can be done to make them good OD candidates! It could be this is a lousy pheno for that as well, they are F1 after all... I have a second younger one too, totally different pheno as well, so there's that to come yet!
So, after finding the spots, I cleared them out, and dosed the hell out of those sites... Today, no further spreading- :amazon: a score settled for Phyter there! ...In any case, now I know this will be another true test of Phyter, with a plant that is certainly not strong against mold (early bloom stage yet), and weather to come as well likely,...
Sorry Bryon, I didn't have the wits to take pics before I got busy with the fixing :doh:... but I'll endeavor to do so in the future, so folks can see what-all's going on....

Meantime, Garlicane and 2 CWF's are yet to past through the final fire, though no rain or lousy weather is in the forecast yet, just cooling T's... Then 2 DOHz's and the late 3 girls really pushing the envelope for conditions....

Here's a sample of what I'm protecting :greenthumb:....lip smackin' stuff for the Rots too I imagine-- :nono:
ChemDSDHz -->
lbh1.jpg
lbh7.jpg
lbh5.jpg

Garlicane -->
gar2.jpg
gar8.jpg
gar6.jpg

>>> Cherry WiFi
cwf1.jpg
cwf3.jpg
cwf4.jpg

@Phyter my season is coming to an end weather is turning cold and rainy as always and I have started my slow harvest in stages.... It will probably take me through the month of October to get everything down. Your product rocked all year long, I could not say enough good about it. I kept my plants a bit on the smaller end for myself this year only because of fear the space station would spot them like it did years past lol.... I did have some good size plants with lots of foliage and absolutely no issues with rot like in years past. Thanks again for letting me test for you and I hope to get my hands on more of your product for the years to come! The flowers are dank and beautiful and if I didn't know better myself I would guess I grew all them indoors with the quality that was produced this year in my outdoor season! I will definitely recommend your product to any grower I run across looking to grow outdoors.....
DSCN2291.JPG
DSCN2278.JPG
DSCN2301.JPG
DSCN2310.JPG

@Phyter my season is coming to an end weather is turning cold and rainy as always and I have started my slow harvest in stages.... It will probably take me through the month of October to get everything down. Your product rocked all year long, I could not say enough good about it. I kept my plants a bit on the smaller end for myself this year only because of fear the space station would spot them like it did years past lol.... I did have some good size plants with lots of foliage and absolutely no issues with rot like in years past. Thanks again for letting me test for you and I hope to get my hands on more of your product for the years to come! The flowers are dank and beautiful and if I didn't know better myself I would guess I grew all them indoors with the quality that was produced this year in my outdoor season! I will definitely recommend your product to any grower I run across looking to grow outdoors.....
View attachment 1371155View attachment 1371157View attachment 1371158View attachment 1371159

They look beautiful! Wow

Happy to help. Thanks for being giving it a thorough test, and trialing it. Appreciated greatly. Cheers

my season is coming to an end weather is turning cold and rainy as always and I have started my slow harvest in stages.... It will probably take me through the month of October to get everything down. Your product rocked all year long, I could not say enough good about it. I kept my plants a bit on the smaller end for myself this year only because of fear the space station would spot them like it did years past lol.... I did have some good size plants with lots of foliage and absolutely no issues with rot like in years past. Thanks again for letting me test for you and I hope to get my hands on more of your product for the years to come! The flowers are dank and beautiful and if I didn't know better myself I would guess I grew all them indoors with the quality that was produced this year in my outdoor season! I will definitely recommend your product to any grower I run across looking to grow outdoors.....
:drool::woohoo1: :clapper: Your best yet here for sure Jean! I'm about to go catch up at the OD Comp, but I see there's a spectacular preview right here :d5:

Your run was also a prime case study test IMO, with auto's and photo's all growing in some bumpy NE weather this year... The photo cultivars you have, were you able to find some info about their OD suitability? The Banana Daddy was one I had concerns about, from feedback over the years Banana crosses tend to be weak against mold, but yours is holding well! ...might be the GDP in her is lending some solid resistance :thumbsup:

Thanks for doing this test my friend, I'm stoked it has worked so well for you too! :thanks:... fingers crossed for a clean and speedy finish :goodluck:

from feedback over the years Banana crosses tend to be weak against mold,
Well, I can certainly confirm that. Of my 5 outdoor photos (3 were in this Comp), its the Banana Piepaya that took the biggest hit on bud rot. It also showed the weakest defenses against borer damage. Consequently, she got chopped a few days ago. Drying now, but I'd say loss to rot is about 15-20% and loss from borers another 10%

Back