...reboot time, now under it's true name Phyter!

I was disappointed but unsurprised to discover yesterday that 2 members of a 5 plant Away Team as I call them, have developed bud rot. I'm expecting my grow to be done around the end of September, say by or before October 10. Could RotBlock colonize quickly enough to help my grow or should I just look ahead to using it next year from the start ?

I was disappointed but unsurprised to discover yesterday that 2 members of a 5 plant Away Team as I call them, have developed bud rot. I'm expecting my grow to be done around the end of September, say by or before October 10. Could RotBlock colonize quickly enough to help my grow or should I just look ahead to using it next year from the start ?

I think in this case it would be hard. What I would recommend would be to cut all the budrot away and apply asap to both the wounds and any blooms. This is no guarantee however. The botrytis spores could already be in blooms besides the ones clearly developed on your plant, just not visible to the eye. It's a race, and if they are there first, it's difficult for our fungus to catch up and offer protection.

Don't want to give bad news, but I can't promise a silver bullet either. Might be easier next year, as it would be minimum a few days before you get it, and apply. Tough call.

I think in this case it would be hard.

Don't want to give bad news, but I can't promise a silver bullet either. Might be easier next year, as it would be minimum a few days before you get it, and apply. Tough call.

That's cool Phyter, it's about how I had it figured. I'm alright with throwing what I have on hand at it and amputating where I have to. I'm on my first grow in a place that reminds one of Dagobah at times and I'm learning about what I'm up against. I'm having a lot of fun with it too, even the adverse things that have come along are still useful experience. My Away Team doesn't get enough air movement. It's in a woods with about 7 hours of direct light and the surrounding vegetation grew far higher than I expected and stifles the breeze. I'm not growing in there again.

Thank you for your reply and I will be in touch down the road looking for enough to service 5 plants from start to finish.

@Phyter update on the testing. All the girls are very healthy and happy. They are just now starting to flower and things couldn't look better! I have been treating once a week through the entire outdoor grow. I will definitely be using your product again! I don't believe I ever asked how to purchase the product? Is it something I can get in Michigan at a hydro store or is it by order off the net?
20210815_155346.jpg
20210815_155406.jpg
20210815_155435.jpg
20210815_155500.jpg
20210815_155516.jpg

@Phyter update on the testing. All the girls are very healthy and happy. They are just now starting to flower and things couldn't look better! I have been treating once a week through the entire outdoor grow. I will definitely be using your product again! I don't believe I ever asked how to purchase the product? Is it something I can get in Michigan at a hydro store or is it by order off the net?
View attachment 1355792View attachment 1355793View attachment 1355794View attachment 1355795View attachment 1355796

Beautiful girls.
Looking into how I'll do things. Hydro stores are a possibility. Over the net is very likely. We are going to build a site to offer it and make the process easier for people next year. Really happy to see everyone happy with it so far.

Rain in the forecast! Just when I was going to feed the smaller Haze today after a layer of EWC yesterday! :cuss:
I sprayed Phyter first thing and will do daily during this period.
Not worried about my big haze in the EarthBox with the way I have the covers set up, but I need to do something for the smaller on in the 15gal pot. I think I've got a good plan to keep most of the rain out of the pot.

Girls are looking great!

LOL! That took all of 10 min from laptop to getting it done and stuff put away the Panda film, razor blade a Gorilla tape.
I cut out an overly large square of Panda film, added a bit more hay(needed to do that anyway) and split the film in the middle a little over half way. I tucked the film between the poles of the stand and the bag....very tight........ and taped the split together. I formed a tent-like structure with the main stem being the top and sloping sides for the rain to run off the pot. Taped film to the two bamboo poles either side of the main stem to maintain the tent structure.

Diligence does pay off. I DID find some bud rot on the smaller Haze on my last check. Not exactly good news, but there is a silver lining of sorts. I'm pretty sure this was a spot that didn't get covered with Phyter, despite the many applications. This was on a bud that was resting on one of the corners of the cage. That one tiny area didn't get coated and it didn't get proper air flow. It was a very tiny area. I'm just lucky I moved that branch and spotted it.

As easy as this damn crap is coming up, I think the Phyter is working. It's gonna take diligence to get these girls to chop.

Given how innocent looking the spot was where the rot developed, I changed the ends of the LST ties to soft wire. I didn't see any problems when I switched them out.
I'm just trying to proactive as possible.

Evening check finds a small piece of rot just starting......very tiny. Performed partial budectomy, sprayed some soda water on the area.
Not really in a hidden area. It's not in an area that wouldn't get hit. It COULD be very new growth.
LOL! I do think it was not there last night. I do pretty much know this girl VERY well. We are very close!:eyebrows::biggrin:
IMG_20210822_191209163.jpg

So I mixed up some more Phyter at dusk and sprayed both with 2l. Sprayings are going to be every third day.

Every third day may go to every other day if the big Haze keeps bushing up that has really started to increase quite a bit the last couple of days. Unlike the little one, this one is beginning to take the form that comes to my mind when ya say Haze...............I don't know how to describe it, but kinda like fine leaf bushyness fattening up! LOL!

:cools:
IMG_20210822_194720283a.jpg

That's exciting and cool, but it makes me nervous as hell! LOL!
I still haven't ruled out putting one of my shop fans out there! I used to supply my customer's electrical power at the drag strip when I held a track day or attended an event with my customers. I've got some expensive extension cords..............good write off!:eyebrows:

Back