New Grower Raoul-Duke's First Grow, Northern Lights Auto, LEDs, Late Start

Hey thanks for the info! I really appreciate your input. :pass: I think I'm starting to see all this happening so your logic seems sound sir. I ended up ditching the hangers it came with pretty early and ended up finding some adjustable bungee that has seemed to do just nicely. Found it at Home Depot.

View attachment 730883 View attachment 730884

I could maybe get another inch but I think that's pretty much the best I'm gonna do right now. Thanks again for your help:thanks:, I think I'll just let these girls do their thing this time around and do some early lsting next grow. :baked:

Cheers
This is old because I just started from the beginning, but...

I see burnt tips, too much food cause that.

I also see some leaves the look like they may be curving down, possibly nitrogen stress? If so, discontinue the Calmag (althought it's my favorite calmag, it does have nitrogen). I've only had one plant have issues with that, and used the stuff below.

Also, when branches get too high, squeeze the branches between your thumb and index fingers, up and down the stem, then fold them. Do one by one, and make all the plant have an even canopy. Like you see on the pic here.
a7a5e2ab60e181392462322d626adf12.jpg
345437ede4ccbbf84867f0cbf304e5a1.jpg
0e8851334903f3f9ec1cbabcbd0c380c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I don't usually start my bloom nutes full on until stretching stops but that's just me.. I do add a little toward the end of stretch where I think it'll help them.
Yeah, I usually wait until I see white pistils on the buds, like the buds look white. Just gave my White Cheese bloom food for the first time today...
077171367cb3beaa4eefbcc1fb292b80.jpg

I second that, I was thinking of doing a NL for grow 3 alongside some Mephisto. Wasn't sure who to go for as a breeder. Maybe I'll try them!

Keep up the great work man!
:slap:

I've got a Greenhouse Seeds (GHS) Auto Northern Lights. I've only seen a Kings Kush from them and it turned out good. Maybe take a gander? Love the strain.
If I could find an Auto Romulan...

Edit: I forgot I grew an Auto Jack Herer from GHS. Seems to have decent genetics from them.

Thank you! I really appreciate it! :pass:Please take your time, relax, enjoy some goodies.:smoking: Some people just left, so there's some bean bag chairs that are the bomb:fire:, or the couch is nice, and close to the goodies!!! :baked:

Don't take my spot on the couch!

....aaaaaaand totally off thread.

Great photos of the ladies, @Raoul-Duke. I love seeing lots of pictures, even though I seem to refuse to do it myself.
This is one of the times that time seems to pause for me; close to harvest.
I'm excited for you! Thanks for doing a great journal!

This is old because I just started from the beginning, but...

I see burnt tips, too much food cause that.

I also see some leaves the look like they may be curving down, possibly nitrogen stress? If so, discontinue the Calmag (althought it's my favorite calmag, it does have nitrogen). I've only had one plant have issues with that, and used the stuff below.

Also, when branches get too high, squeeze the branches between your thumb and index fingers, up and down the stem, then fold them. Do one by one, and make all the plant have an even canopy. Like you see on the pic here.
a7a5e2ab60e181392462322d626adf12.jpg
345437ede4ccbbf84867f0cbf304e5a1.jpg
0e8851334903f3f9ec1cbabcbd0c380c.jpg

Hey thanks for stopping by! Really appreciate your input. :pass:You're right, the tips are now definitely burnt. Going to continue feedings at half dosage. And I definitely switched to bloom nutes way too early (live and learn). I wasn't noticing the nute burn happening because of the heat/light stress which is was twisting the leaf tips and discoloring them a little:

leaf_curl.jpg

That's a pretty good example. Took some shots this morning and you can clearly see there's some nute burn going on now:

20170423_075933_noexif.jpg

In terms of the curving down, I've been chalking it up to the twisting that the new leaves do from what I assumed was heat/light stress. The grow nutes have been pretty light but you're right there is lots of N in the CalMag. I've dropped the calmag feed from 5ml to 3ml a gallon so maybe that might help, but I may forgo it all toether, we'll see. Also I had yellowing leaves at the bottom of the plants which I was instructed was probably a N def.

How high do generally go with your feeds with Botanicare? Quarter, half strength? Thanks again for your time!!! :baked:

Cheers,
Duke

Attachments

• 20170423_075945_noexif.jpg
    20170423_075945_noexif.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 47
Back