New Grower Raoul-Duke's First Grow, Northern Lights Auto, LEDs, Late Start

So I read somewhere that if you cant raise your lights, you could turn down the wattage of the light to help with light stress. Right now ive got the veg lights and the bloom lights going on my Mars II. Should i maybe turn the veg lights off? Think that might help or just keep doin what im doin? Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
I probably just keep at it. The top Cola on that tall plant will get some bleach towards the end but the rest will get a lot fatter and I think they're far enough away to go all the way through.

Current Diaries
Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze
Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.
Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo's continuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

If your leaves are looking more lime than a dark green, I highly suggest throwing more nutes at them, especially some more N.
I had the same problem not so long ago.
Leaves were looking pale, after a feed or two with full nutes and darkened up in no time.
Explosive growth followed

Hey man. Appreciate the input. :pass: I love that we're growing similar strains (different genetics), and near the same age. It really gives some perspective. I think I nipped the N def in the ass with my last couple feedings, since there were no more yellowing leaves at the bottom of either plant. I'm going to continue the grow nutes for a week or 2 at least, they both seem to be stretching still. Lucy just pushed 24" (2'), and Barbara is almost at 28".

I probably just keep at it. The top Cola on that tall plant will get some bleach towards the end but the rest will get a lot fatter and I think they're far enough away to go all the way through.

Current Diaries

Jingo's continuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

I once hung a big fat washer from the center of my light so that it would be blown around by the fan right above my top Cola that way it didn't get quite so much intensity of light on the main cola.

Current Diaries

Really appreciate you keeping an eye on me man!!!:pass:
I haven't seen anything I'm not prepared for yet. I definitely see some light stress (pics below), but I'm not overly worried. I've got a 6" fan between the top of the canopy and the lights so there's definitely air movement there. I've been meaning to swap it for a 6" oscillating fan i have but I'm sure it's not a huge deal, it'll happen eventually.

So I don't know if you can see it from these pictures (phone camera, sorry), but this is probably a pretty good example of light stress for anyone who's curious (this would be a much less extreme case). Leaf color fading, splotchy colors on leaves, leaf tips pointing upward, new growth twisting.

20170417_160823_noexif.jpg
20170417_160829_noexif.jpg
20170417_160844_noexif.jpg
20170417_160855_noexif.jpg
20170417_161014_noexif.jpg
20170417_161030_noexif.jpg
20170417_161049_noexif.jpg
20170417_161133_noexif.jpg

Cheers:smokeout:

I once hung a big fat washer from the center of my light so that it would be blown around by the fan right above my top Cola that way it didn't get quite so much intensity of light on the main cola.

Current Diaries

Hey that's good thinking! I like your industriousness Jingo, I may have to use that trick sometime.

Really appreciate you keeping an eye on me man!!!:pass:
I haven't seen anything I'm not prepared for yet. I definitely see some light stress (pics below), but I'm not overly worried. I've got a 6" fan between the top of the canopy and the lights so there's definitely air movement there. I've been meaning to swap it for a 6" oscillating fan i have but I'm sure it's not a huge deal, it'll happen eventually.

So I don't know if you can see it from these pictures (phone camera, sorry), but this is probably a pretty good example of light stress for anyone who's curious (this would be a much less extreme case). Leaf color fading, splotchy colors on leaves, leaf tips pointing upward, new growth twisting.

View attachment 735227 View attachment 735228 View attachment 735229 View attachment 735230 View attachment 735231 View attachment 735232 View attachment 735233 View attachment 735234

Cheers:smokeout:

Looking good despite a little heat stress man! Keep it up.

Happy 420 everyone!!! (may have passed already for some)

Today is day 75 for Lucy and day 65 for Barbara. They haven't grown much since last update about 3-4 days ago. Lucy is at 25" and Barbara is at 28", so less than an inch in that time. Here are some images from this morning. :jointman:

20170420_053437_noexif.jpg
20170420_053442_noexif.jpg
20170420_053448_noexif.jpg
20170420_053504_noexif.jpg

So today we fed them both 10 ml bloom, 2 ml grow, and 3 ml cal mag per gallon. They were fed a gallon each. I pulled back on the nutes this week because I noticed what I think is a little tiny nute burn. After watering I did some more defol and noticed a couple lighter lower leaves on Barbara so she still may need more N. I noticed the tips of some pistils turning orange, should I be breaking out the microscope soon/getting ready to start the 1-2 week flush soon? I imagine I'm not, but any ideas on weeks left? Temp was a little warm today since temps outside are getting warmer and had a slight malfunction with the extracting duct. After fixing the duct issue the tent is sitting between 27 and 29 celcius at 40% RH.

Here's some more images I shot after feeding. :smokeout:

20170420_203307_noexif.jpg
20170420_203315_noexif.jpg
20170420_203335_noexif.jpg
20170420_203347_noexif.jpg
20170420_203403_noexif.jpg
20170420_203424_noexif.jpg
20170420_203436_noexif.jpg
20170420_203502_noexif.jpg

As always, tips, comments, questions welcome! Here's one from me to all of you!:pass:

Cheers

looking good in here these girls gonna go for 100 days or more what breeder is the genetics iv been looking for a good NL auto

Back