New Grower Raoul-Duke's First Grow, Northern Lights Auto, LEDs, Late Start

Tag me when you frankenstein your next grow. I was thinking about the same, since I have no real experience with training really. Do some topping and lst, supercrop, grow it out of a toilet bowl, upside down and hydro.......shits and giggles :pass:

Barbara is puttin on weight now, looking nice
View attachment 739476

Hahaha! Love the pic! Upside down eh? Now that's interesting. :crying: Thanks for the :vibes:

Hey thanks for stopping by! Really appreciate your input. :pass:You're right, the tips are now definitely burnt. Going to continue feedings at half dosage. And I definitely switched to bloom nutes way too early (live and learn). I wasn't noticing the nute burn happening because of the heat/light stress which is was twisting the leaf tips and discoloring them a little:

View attachment 739026

That's a pretty good example. Took some shots this morning and you can clearly see there's some nute burn going on now:

View attachment 739024

In terms of the curving down, I've been chalking it up to the twisting that the new leaves do from what I assumed was heat/light stress. The grow nutes have been pretty light but you're right there is lots of N in the CalMag. I've dropped the calmag feed from 5ml to 3ml a gallon so maybe that might help, but I may forgo it all toether, we'll see. Also I had yellowing leaves at the bottom of the plants which I was instructed was probably a N def.

How high do generally go with your feeds with Botanicare? Quarter, half strength? Thanks again for your time!!! :baked:

Cheers,
Duke
Here's me preparing water for my vegging girls. As far as calmag, I use the same dose throughout their lives, and again, only had problems with nitrogen intolerance in ONE plant so far. And it didn't seem to affect bud production, at least not noticeably as I've seen happen with other issues/deficiencies/stressors.

I only switch to bloom nutes when I can clearly see buds, for example, I only started bloom nutes for the plant below on the day that photo was taken.

I may have already shared the video with you, but here it is...

845fc43856277a8e7439e374812b342b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Lookin for a little help with my feed today after work. :pass:

Measured the girls yesterday, Lucy is still at 25 inches and Barbara is still at 28inches, the same heights as my last update 3 or 4 days ago. Today is day 80 for Lucy and 70 for Barbara.

So quick run down. Been feeding at full strength nutes, I know we have nute burn so was going to pull back on the nutes and go at half. Both plants seem to want different things right now so they will have to get separate feedings I think. I had a quick peak this morning just to see how they're doing and noticed some things.

Botanicare PBP Grow = 3-2-4
Botanicare PBP Bloom Soil = 1-4-5
Botanicare CalMag = 2-0-0
(figured this might help)

So lets start with Lucy. She seems a little too green or too dark to me, what you guys think? In light of this I was thinking full bloom nutes at half strength, and no added calmag, maybe I should do quarter, or even just a flush(since she just got some nute burn)? Help very much appreciated. Let me know if you need more info. On a positive note; she's started getting frosty!

20170425_053918_noexif.jpg
20170425_053929_noexif.jpg
20170425_053948_noexif.jpg
20170425_054001_noexif.jpg
20170425_054001_noexif.jpg

So now for Barbara. I had to pull off another yellowing leaf from the bottom today, and by pull off I mean I touched it and it fell off...... I was thinking half and half grow/bloom at half strength and the recommended calmag. Maybe go quarter strength because of the nute burn?

20170425_053936_noexif.jpg
20170425_053943_noexif.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!!! :smokeout:

On a side note, while playing around with the tent my light ended up shining against the wall and I had to take a picture of it. Enjoy.

20170424_210552_noexif.jpg
20170424_210605_noexif.jpg

Cheers

If you have a ppm meter then check the feed level you have been at and reduce by a 100 ppm. I would try and stay at full bloom notes from here on out. You could feed less often and of course always get good run off.

I have often fed right up to Yellow tips and then just stopped going stronger and made sure I maintained good run off and had no problems.

Current Diaries

Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.

Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

If you have a ppm meter then check the feed level you have been at and reduce by a 100 ppm. I would try and stay at full bloom notes from here on out. You could feed less often and of course always get good run off.

I have often fed right up to Yellow tips and then just stopped going stronger and made sure I maintained good run off and had no problems.

Current Diaries

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.
So ditch the grow nutes for both plants? And just pull back on my ppms? Should i bother with the calmag, you think? Really appreciate your input.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

So ditch the grow nutes for both plants? And just pull back on my ppms? Should i bother with the calmag, you think? Really appreciate your input.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
I'd stick with the Cal Mag you're going to need it in bloom and the amount of grow nutrients that it adds or N that it adds is probably about right.

Current Diaries

Looking good, Damn by the looks of it, your girl is going to go longer than mine, and ours have been going for an age :crying:
But man, she is looking deadly

Thanks man! I'm pretty proud I've gotten them this far! :jointman: You're right, Lucy's looking at 100+ days for sure and Barbara won't be too far off. You're NL is getting there! You'll be pretty close to 100 days eh?

Ya they are lookin deadly :headbang: can't wait to have a sample!

Thanks for looking out
Cheers

Back