Anyone else having to use ph up? The issues I am having are ph related. The issues got worse so I checked the autopot res and the ph was 3.8. So I decided to mix a few new gallons and get the ph right. I decided to check the ph after I was done mixing. 3ml per liter of growth a&b. 1ml per liter multi tool. In that order. The ec was 1.1. The ph was about 3.8. I don't remember checking the ph last time. And if I go back a few posts, I feel like my first time mixing/posting, the ph was around 3.8 and I thought it was my error because I mixed on the wrong order or something. Can you guys post what your reading are the next time you whip some up?
I'd like to know of its the same around the board.

After mixing, I end up with 8.+/- and bring it down to 5.8 with a bottle of PH+ that's about 4 years old.
I'm hung up on the EC. I bought a new meter that is acting like a TDS. It gives every reading like a 3 digit ppm instead of a 2 digit ?.? . I'm rusty having used perfect ph nutes for so long. I didn't buy the cheapest meter so expected better documentation and tutorials than what I'm finding on this brand.

Last edited:
yes I did, I actually mentioned to someone else about that... It was first time I ever used ph up after adding nutes, I thought maybe coz my precharge dose was on low side, but now I guess not since your asking also...

I don't have any issues with my ph rising after I get it where I want it...It's staying stable for me..
I bet the pH is so low because these are the hard water nutrients. I'm thinking about using the water straight from my tap and seeing how it turns out? I guess the only thing would be to keep EC below what they recommend. Of course, I'm going to have to remember how to turn my pen from TDS over to EC I know there's a combination of buttons I have to push.

I bet the pH is so low because these are the hard water nutrients. I'm thinking about using the water straight from my tap and seeing how it turns out? I guess the only thing would be to keep EC below what they recommend. Of course, I'm going to have to remember how to turn my pen from TDS over to EC I know there's a combination of buttons I have to push.
I am using tap water..:pop: I just use my tds meter, I think because they were flushing mains around the area, possibly that messed my water up at the time... so we'll see once I fill res, My fastbuds is starting on 3rd set, and I noticed it's getting kinda light now, so I may have start mixing soon for that one, it's nice I can control to each as I need to turn them on... I'm still trying figure out which of my 3 drivers is bad I think I found the right one, I been switching them around when I switch driver A & C , the veg switch turn on bloom lights, when turn on bloom switch the right side of panel kinda flashing/blinking, so am thinking it's driver A or C i'm just not 100% sure how to confirm this my first issue with a driver problem...I can't get replacement sent out until I figure out which one it is.. A is different driver then B & C...any ideas?

Last edited:
. I'm still trying figure out I can't get replacement sent out until I figure out which one it is.. A is different driver then B & C...any ideas?

Usually you will bench test an item like that measuring resistance at each of the different terminals. you could do that with all three taking measurements and if one is way out just discard it. Or you could contact the manufacturer and find out what the specifications are and go from there. I buy that kind of stuff from digi-key and if you want to dig through all their documentation you could probably find the test procedures and that stuff on their website. I just think a phone call to the manufacturer would probably be quicker.

One other thing you might do is just remove them from your light and then and look them over from any signs of melting or changing shape anything that looks unusual.

there no noticeable signs that show by eye or smell, but clearly an issue with Driver A it seems... I unplugged that one and blinking stopped, I noticed since that is the different of the 3 driver's it seems like the most common one to go first...a video I watched about this same led, it was that same driver w/same exact symptoms..:pop::smokeout: I'm kinda pressing the company to update their warranty policy, because that led suppose to be covered for 3 years, but they want me pay 20$ for the driver...I think that's crazy, I'm the one to take apart & repair & pay for parts, what exactly does the warranty cover? I asked them that exact question! I said I gave this led good reviews and suggested to many to buy, now if they run into an issue they'll come back at me for it... I told them most companies the driver is the longest item covered, followed by the leds themselves...anyways, we;ll see, I'm not happy I need pay for the driver & fix myself, I'm sitting here thinking what does the warranty actually cover. shit?:shrug:

Last edited:
Thank you all for replying and confirming that Im not koo koo, lol. Glad I caught it when I did!

Day 32 feeding 2.5ml/L A&B, 1ml/L Multitotal. Ph 6.3

20180927_123327.jpg

Anybody using the Soil auto schedule?. I've got so much color bleed in the monitor I can't make out the dose in the 2nd week of flower. It looks like a 7mil that doesn't seem right?

Last edited:
Back