Hey Now!
Update time!
I’m growing monsters here that’s a given. The Alf#5s are just incredible. Showing signs of Ca and Mg deficits I’ve been boosting the Cal Mag pretty hard, above the recommended even. That caused more issues of course, not to mention that I haven’t run salt based nutrients for some time not helping my thought process. N toxicity showed up quick and hard!! At first I thought it was the fancy light formerly known as Pathogen Death Wand was responsible but that proved wrong as I woke up the next day from a feed and saw the claw. A quick consult with the breeder and it was diagnosed.
So now what? Further exam shows more of a Ca def, that a Mg one. I gave them a flush with Herculean Harvest, a liquid bone meal and Tritons Trawl a fish based “bone” meal. Repeated this morning. I am no longer going to use the Cal Mag product for this grow. I’m thinking that I can use Demeter’s Destiny a calcium phosphate derived product, so more Ca and it reputedly allows the plant or the soil organisms to creat Mg. The pump,in the Rez should keep it suspended well. We’ll see I hope. Other than this issue the [HASHTAG]#DutchPro[/HASHTAG] is rocking my grow.
I’m using the DutchPro in felt pots for the [HASHTAG]#shortstuff[/HASHTAG] grow and that is doing well, minor cal mag but very manageable. I’m going to be aware of the N toxicity with this crew as well.
It’s hard to come up with a soluable Ca supplement or even a good Cal Mag that doesn’t have N in it. Seeing as it’s made from nitrates how could it?
I’ll post picture in a bit I use Tapatalk for that.

Hey Now!
Update time!
I’m growing monsters here that’s a given. The Alf#5s are just incredible. Showing signs of Ca and Mg deficits I’ve been boosting the Cal Mag pretty hard, above the recommended even. That caused more issues of course, not to mention that I haven’t run salt based nutrients for some time not helping my thought process. N toxicity showed up quick and hard!! At first I thought it was the fancy light formerly known as Pathogen Death Wand was responsible but that proved wrong as I woke up the next day from a feed and saw the claw. A quick consult with the breeder and it was diagnosed.
So now what? Further exam shows more of a Ca def, that a Mg one. I gave them a flush with Herculean Harvest, a liquid bone meal and Tritons Trawl a fish based “bone” meal. Repeated this morning. I am no longer going to use the Cal Mag product for this grow. I’m thinking that I can use Demeter’s Destiny a calcium phosphate derived product, so more Ca and it reputedly allows the plant or the soil organisms to creat Mg. The pump,in the Rez should keep it suspended well. We’ll see I hope. Other than this issue the [HASHTAG]#DutchPro[/HASHTAG] is rocking my grow.
I’m using the DutchPro in felt pots for the [HASHTAG]#shortstuff[/HASHTAG] grow and that is doing well, minor cal mag but very manageable. I’m going to be aware of the N toxicity with this crew as well.
It’s hard to come up with a soluable Ca supplement or even a good Cal Mag that doesn’t have N in it. Seeing as it’s made from nitrates how could it?
I’ll post picture in a bit I use Tapatalk for that.

Have you looked at Elemental, Aurora\Roots. It's a powder, haven't had ca mg problem since I started using it.

Welp! I mixed what I'm hoping is my last flower feed before flush. ThevDutch Pro line took a little while for me to dial in and understand. I found a sweet spot of around 1.0 -1.2 ec. Never got the ph thing figured out, just kept adding ph up. Im sure the next run will be much better. I grow under cobs, and in coco, and haven't needed anything extra, like cal mag. Thats a plus in my book. Looking forward to these last few weeks of swell!
SAM_2274~2.JPG
SAM_2275~2.JPG
SAM_2276~2.JPG

Hey Now!
Pictures as promised.

The Twins. Looking and smelling terrific.

63d86c332985594cc2200b10ae610bd5.jpg

The Short Stuff girls growing nicely.

31f8a5d8d75e2e1774c0cc2a0ede088c.jpg

Tall girl in the corner. Gorilla Shizzle
5c06cbf9a8bd3aa2abe648200c5d3c51.jpg

The big girls
180e20c205d3b8a36905ebaab835b8a6.jpg

The bad spots

d0998908e2851f9a29593d17ed7cc389.jpg

The claw
3e1125fc3e6a059d665c57755d605bed.jpg

I am struggling right now. I feel like I should do another run to do this nutrient justice. Switching back to autopots to save time seems to have cost me as I have not adjusted to this nutrient very well. The Forum Stomper is a light feeder and has suffered the BNC is doing fine, but I have not got the swings dialed in yet. I am thinking I am going back to the pure coco drain to waste 3 gallon smart pot method. Sometime when I have issues the old way seems to sort things out.
11-5 Forum Stomper update..jpg
11-5 BNC update..jpg

I am struggling right now. I feel like I should do another run to do this nutrient justice. Switching back to autopots to save time seems to have cost me as I have not adjusted to this nutrient very well. The Forum Stomper is a light feeder and has suffered the BNC is doing fine, but I have not got the swings dialed in yet. I am thinking I am going back to the pure coco drain to waste 3 gallon smart pot method. Sometime when I have issues the old way seems to sort things out.
View attachment 970283 View attachment 970285
That's a fine looking gal! Switching up does take getting time to find the right method.

That's a fine looking gal! Switching up does take getting time to find the right method.
That's what I was thinking, for struggling there are a lot of growers that would be happy to struggle that way.

That's what I was thinking, for struggling there are a lot of growers that would be happy to struggle that way.
Yes indeed! Maybe need to struggle just a bit more :funny:

Back