Indoor Puff Puff Pat's 2nd Grow - Mephisto SLxSB and Rocbud Inc Grape Rolex

SLxSB Day 74 - Chop Day
So Stevie has been showing a ton of fall colors, and more importantly, the other two girls have started the stretch! This has lead to a real space issue in my 2×2. It's gotten to the point that I almost couldn't get into water GR#1. So given that, the fact that I'm out of meds, and the trichs were 90% cloudy and the rest amber, I figured I wasn't shooting myself in the foot too badly with an early chop. So here's the last pic of Stevie as one complete unit:
20200311_184321.jpg

I would have preferred to let her go another week or two, but meh, there's two more that are shaping up to be good producers. Overall I got a nice wet yield of 4.5 zips, with a conservative estimate of 30% dry that'll put me at somewhere around 1.4 zips or on par with both plants from grow #1.

20200311_192529.jpg

I also got a nice chunk of trim, so I'll have to make up some edibles this weekend.

20200311_192318.jpg

The other two are rocking along, this is from a couple of days ago:
20200309_215717.jpg

I'll keep you updated on dry yield!

So Stevie has been showing a ton of fall colors, and more importantly, the other two girls have started the stretch! This has lead to a real space issue in my 2×2. It's gotten to the point that I almost couldn't get into water GR#1. So given that, the fact that I'm out of meds, and the trichs were 90% cloudy and the rest amber, I figured I wasn't shooting myself in the foot too badly with an early chop. So here's the last pic of Stevie as one complete unit:
View attachment 1167219

I would have preferred to let her go another week or two, but meh, there's two more that are shaping up to be good producers. Overall I got a nice wet yield of 4.5 zips, with a conservative estimate of 30% dry that'll put me at somewhere around 1.4 zips or on par with both plants from grow #1.

View attachment 1167224

I also got a nice chunk of trim, so I'll have to make up some edibles this weekend.

View attachment 1167225

The other two are rocking along, this is from a couple of days ago:View attachment 1167226

I'll keep you updated on dry yield!

:bravo: ppp

Hope everyone is doing alright amid the new world order of life with coronavirus! There's been quite a bit of transitioning and chaos around here. On 3/13 all public schools shut down and last Wednesday I started working from home full time, which has sucked, since I have no dedicated space to work without disruption. I've had to convert a semi insulated enclosed porch into my home office over the weekend. I shouldn't complain, since I'm blessed with working in a field that I can easily work remotely in, unlike many in this area. So I'm not going to have to worry about an income reduction in the near future. In addition, my industry supplies software to an essential industry, so this pandemic shouldn't have much negative effect to demand.

On to the girls. First, the final weight on Stevie, she left me with a dry weight of 36 grams, so just a hair over an ounce and a quarter. That obviously would have been munch higher if I had given her a few more weeks to fatten up, but as you'll see in the pic of the two GRs they definitely needed the extra room.

The GRs are bulking up and doing their thing. They look a little wilty in the pic, since I haven't had time to give them a good feeding since Tuesday, and they missed a watering this morning. They should be right as rain this time tomorrow.

Here they are, GR #1 is on the right and #2 is on the left. They're either two different phenos going on here, or that curly q start #1 had turned her into a bushy beast.

20200321_203914.jpg

Stay safe out there grow buds!

Sorry for the lack of updates. With the shutdown and the virus, life has been in a bit of upheaval. The good news is that overall, I've only been minimally impacted, I still have my job, and no one close to me has caught this damn virus. The biggest impact for me has been a huge ramp up in my depression, I'm not a social person, but I really need to be able to get out of the house, go on spirited drives and rides on back roads and just do stuff away from the house. Thanks to this stupid virus I haven't left the house more than 3 times since 3/17. I've also learned just how obnoxious my kids can be, lol!

On to the girls, this morning I gave them both the chop, at day 87 and 81. Here's a pic of gr #2 from today:

20200418_120238.jpg

20200418_120243.jpg

They've been on water only for the last week. I was hoping for more purple, but at least I got a little bit.

Here's #1 if you recall, she was the one who sprouted twisted, and I wasn't even sure she would make it:
20200418_123303.jpg

20200418_123305.jpg

20200418_123308.jpg

#2 had a way better structure imo, and all the nodes seem to get enough light to allow for good development, but #1 was so bushy, I ended up with a ton of little popcorn nugs. Still far better than I expected, so I'm not complaining. Here's a shot of #1 main stem, you can see how twisted she was:
20200418_130703.jpg

She got no trading through the grow, so this was all her. I didn't weigh out the final wet weight, since it doesn't really matter, It took 3 grocery bags for the drying, so I'm happy:

20200418_130711.jpg

I also got a not insubstantial amount of trim for edibles:
20200418_130713.jpg

We'll see what the final weight is in a week or so.

A lite update on Stevie, I'm not going to do a full on smoke report on her, but I've been real happy with the effects from her. I have shoulder and knee issues, nothing serious, but a dull ache almost all the time, a vape session of her, and I don't even feel the aches anymore, I can even sleep on my right side for the first time in months.

She is a strong smaller though! Sorry of a musty musky smell, with a hint of chemicals in the background. The flavor is predominately pine and musty like an old book. Different, but not unpleasant at all. The high is pretty nice, with a quick onset of the giggles, and then it settles in to a mild couch lock and a general lack of fucks to give. I'm a bit bummed that this isn't a regular run of Mephisto but I'm really impressed with the quality of the genetics, I'm definitely ordering up some more seeds from them soon.

I just realized that I haven't mentioned my Boundless CF in a while, I think since I bitched about the lack of vapor from it. Well, after trying out the Mayor and Bubbles after a good dry and cure, all is right with it now. In fact, it's all I've been using. I actually don't like consuming with a pipe any more. With the vape, I get all the flavors from the Terps, with none of the acrid flavor of combustion. It's also nice for on the road, since it doesn't look much different from a box mod for vaping, so I don't get a second look. This is great for coming home from work, or going shopping, when my anxiety is at it's highest.

The ABV is a nice bonus. I made up a couple of sticks of butter, using the trim from Stevie and Bubbles, which was about half of the trim you see above, and then all the ABV I've saved from the Mayor and Bubbles, with a little from Stevie, maybe an ounce and a half.

I then used 1/4 of the butter and mixed it into a bar of semi sweet baking chocolate on a double boiler, and poured into nicle sized molds. 1/4 -1/2 a chocolate is the perfect amount for a nice mellow body high, without making me too stupid. As you can see it does make me ramble a bit!

I think I'm going to take a week or two before I drop the next seeds, I need to clean up the grow room a bit, and I kinda want to steal the radiator heater I've been using in the basement for my new "home office", which is an enclosed porch that's half insulated. Here was the temp in my office yesterday morning, when I stole the radiator from the living room;
20200417_081731.jpg

Not really a conducive environment for busting out software... brrr.

Sorry for the lack of updates. With the shutdown and the virus, life has been in a bit of upheaval. The good news is that overall, I've only been minimally impacted, I still have my job, and no one close to me has caught this damn virus. The biggest impact for me has been a huge ramp up in my depression, I'm not a social person, but I really need to be able to get out of the house, go on spirited drives and rides on back roads and just do stuff away from the house. Thanks to this stupid virus I haven't left the house more than 3 times since 3/17. I've also learned just how obnoxious my kids can be, lol!

On to the girls, this morning I gave them both the chop, at day 87 and 81. Here's a pic of gr #2 from today:

View attachment 1180330

View attachment 1180331

They've been on water only for the last week. I was hoping for more purple, but at least I got a little bit.

Here's #1 if you recall, she was the one who sprouted twisted, and I wasn't even sure she would make it:
View attachment 1180334

View attachment 1180335

View attachment 1180336

#2 had a way better structure imo, and all the nodes seem to get enough light to allow for good development, but #1 was so bushy, I ended up with a ton of little popcorn nugs. Still far better than I expected, so I'm not complaining. Here's a shot of #1 main stem, you can see how twisted she was:
View attachment 1180342

She got no trading through the grow, so this was all her. I didn't weigh out the final wet weight, since it doesn't really matter, It took 3 grocery bags for the drying, so I'm happy:

View attachment 1180343

I also got a not insubstantial amount of trim for edibles:
View attachment 1180344

We'll see what the final weight is in a week or so.

A lite update on Stevie, I'm not going to do a full on smoke report on her, but I've been real happy with the effects from her. I have shoulder and knee issues, nothing serious, but a dull ache almost all the time, a vape session of her, and I don't even feel the aches anymore, I can even sleep on my right side for the first time in months.

She is a strong smaller though! Sorry of a musty musky smell, with a hint of chemicals in the background. The flavor is predominately pine and musty like an old book. Different, but not unpleasant at all. The high is pretty nice, with a quick onset of the giggles, and then it settles in to a mild couch lock and a general lack of fucks to give. I'm a bit bummed that this isn't a regular run of Mephisto but I'm really impressed with the quality of the genetics, I'm definitely ordering up some more seeds from them soon.

I just realized that I haven't mentioned my Boundless CF in a while, I think since I bitched about the lack of vapor from it. Well, after trying out the Mayor and Bubbles after a good dry and cure, all is right with it now. In fact, it's all I've been using. I actually don't like consuming with a pipe any more. With the vape, I get all the flavors from the Terps, with none of the acrid flavor of combustion. It's also nice for on the road, since it doesn't look much different from a box mod for vaping, so I don't get a second look. This is great for coming home from work, or going shopping, when my anxiety is at it's highest.

The ABV is a nice bonus. I made up a couple of sticks of butter, using the trim from Stevie and Bubbles, which was about half of the trim you see above, and then all the ABV I've saved from the Mayor and Bubbles, with a little from Stevie, maybe an ounce and a half.

I then used 1/4 of the butter and mixed it into a bar of semi sweet baking chocolate on a double boiler, and poured into nicle sized molds. 1/4 -1/2 a chocolate is the perfect amount for a nice mellow body high, without making me too stupid. As you can see it does make me ramble a bit!

I think I'm going to take a week or two before I drop the next seeds, I need to clean up the grow room a bit, and I kinda want to steal the radiator heater I've been using in the basement for my new "home office", which is an enclosed porch that's half insulated. Here was the temp in my office yesterday morning, when I stole the radiator from the living room;
View attachment 1180347

Not really a conducive environment for busting out software... brrr.

:clapper: :d5: :headbang: ppp

Congrats PPP! Those buds look absolutely delicious. All I can say is thank heavens for our weed gardens during these times! Enjoy the smoke brother! You’ve earned it,

Thanks @420Forever and @Iriee Vibez.

So there's been a change of plans. I know I said that i was taking a couple of weeks off, but I've decided to close up my little tent for good...
And bought a 2x4 tent from Mars Hydro complimented with an SP250 :crying: (did I Have you all worried there?) I honestly was a bit gutted chopping Stevie so early because of space issues, and with how close the two Grape Rolexes got to the light, I knew I needed more height and area, so thank you government stimulus for upgrading my clandestine grow, lol.

I also picked up three packs of Mephisto Hubbabubbasmelloscope, Crem de la Chem, and Sour Crack. So looks like next grow will be an all Meph lineup!

In other news, I got the final weight on the two GRs, I had to weigh it three times to make sure it was right but each time it came up the same:
20200425_135136.jpg

Going by google, that works out to 6.5 zips from two plants:yoinks::woohoo:I doubt that that's split evenly between the two plants, since GR #1 was almost all little buds, so I'm thinking that GR#2 may have been damn close to that QP holy grail. Since they're the same strains, I just grouped them together, but now I'm kinda wishing I had separate them, just to know.

And here's the jars:

20200425_135721.jpg

That's something I really like to see!

I'll update with a smoke report after a little cure time

Thanks @420Forever and @Iriee Vibez.

So there's been a change of plans. I know I said that i was taking a couple of weeks off, but I've decided to close up my little tent for good...
And bought a 2x4 tent from Mars Hydro complimented with an SP250 :crying: (did I Have you all worried there?) I honestly was a bit gutted chopping Stevie so early because of space issues, and with how close the two Grape Rolexes got to the light, I knew I needed more height and area, so thank you government stimulus for upgrading my clandestine grow, lol.

I also picked up three packs of Mephisto Hubbabubbasmelloscope, Crem de la Chem, and Sour Crack. So looks like next grow will be an all Meph lineup!

In other news, I got the final weight on the two GRs, I had to weigh it three times to make sure it was right but each time it came up the same:
View attachment 1182841

Going by google, that works out to 6.5 zips from two plants:yoinks::woohoo:I doubt that that's split evenly between the two plants, since GR #1 was almost all little buds, so I'm thinking that GR#2 may have been damn close to that QP holy grail. Since they're the same strains, I just grouped them together, but now I'm kinda wishing I had separate them, just to know.

And here's the jars:

View attachment 1182844

That's something I really like to see!

I'll update with a smoke report after a little cure time

yes, u had me worried :yoinks: and....

...me haven't been stimulated yet :rolleyes1: (sigh) ppp

Nice one, PPP! I was thinking what happened? I have had more than a few folks on here decide to stop growing for one reason or another, mostly due to landlords and stuff, so you got me!

Nice harvest, man. The buds look dense and tasty! Enjoy, man! Good luck with the Mephisto grows. I grew the CDLC and absolutely loved it, only wished it was a bigger plant. Will run it again soon. Are you using the same thread? Tag me if not.

Sweet harvest buddy :woohoo1: always great to get more than expected,
Buds look mighty fine :d5:

And you totally got me too:haha: sounds like an awesome upgrade, tag me on the next one

Back