Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

yeah, well thats why I went with open box replacement lamp, I could not wait days or weeks for a reply or a solution to my problem here...

Hhhhhhmmmmmm!!........can I just ask who is from Prism on this?....we appear to have hit a bump here and it seems the testers are having to answer their own questions... @Unique good point on the hot start delay......my ballast has a 15 min delay built in, like you said dude!...but I always leave it 30 mins anyways......so with 2 lamps blown and no questions answered, are we to think this is a Philips problem?.....or a Prism problem?........Myself im pretty gutted about the lack of answers, as I was well up for this test 'cause its the first I have seen about CMH......and things were goin so well too!!.......not that its over and the others are still doin well but..........its how well problems are handled by the vendor too IMO!!!!
I wish I had an answer for ya... I keep coming back to ballast as possible issue...that really is the only one thing we each share, we all are getting some type of flickering...the hot delay, I would think if it was built-in this unit we'd know it was there correct? something would say somewhere. but I can't find nothing on that part..That's when I seen there are ballast with that built-in as a protection, from premature lamp failure... that being said, everyone gets power surges time to time or power flickers, so if that is not built into here, then surely the lamp life will be drastically lower I can assume. It's not safe either to restart any lamp like this HOT, there ARE Explosion Risks, there is gas inside lamps, a hot restart can cause pressure build in lamp and simply explode..

this was a update I was going to do yesterday when i watered my plants but did not have time but anyway plants are doing great and just doing there thing and stacking buds i am staring to notice a few stray orange hairs on my autos in the tent but they still have a long way to go

my lemon tooth photo plant is doing just great and is doing something that I never seen before on a flowering plant some of the hairs on the buds are showing a nice pink hue to them

its time for a update on both my prism lighting science 315w cmh light autos and photo grows both in super soil

my plants in my tent and my closet grow both got plain water

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

the plants in my grow tent are under a prism lighting science 315w cmh are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day [HASHTAG]#72[/HASHTAG] from sprout and day [HASHTAG]#65[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#72[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#65[/HASHTAG] from sprout

the single photo plant in the closet under a prism lighting science 315w cmh is

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day [HASHTAG]#28[/HASHTAG] of flower

View attachment 898403 View attachment 898404 View attachment 898405 View attachment 898406 View attachment 898407 View attachment 898408 View attachment 898409 View attachment 898410 View attachment 898411 View attachment 898412 View attachment 898413 View attachment 898414 View attachment 898415 View attachment 898416

Really like the look of the single plant growing.

Ive had a thought guys......you both noticed the lamps flickering..right?....well my ballast says it has end of lamp life notification, but its just blue anodized with no panels, switches or displays so how is it supposed to notify me?......maybe the lamps were ones prism had been using to test the ballast's before hand and the flickering was the end of lamp life signal???....who knows?..:shrug:...........Prism should know!!....... but where are they?:pop:

Ive had a thought guys......you both noticed the lamps flickering..right?....well my ballast says it has end of lamp life notification, but its just blue anodized with no panels, switches or displays so how is it supposed to notify me?......maybe the lamps were ones prism had been using to test the ballast's before hand and the flickering was the end of lamp life signal???....who knows?..:shrug:...........Prism should know!!....... but where are they?:pop:
thats odd huh? I wonder how it's suppose to notify ya also.... I'm little surprised that something wouldn't be on this ballast to prevent hot restarts, I don't know for sure there isn't one or if there is.. It just seems like a very cheap add-on that has many benefits..not having does seem risky, not for just this ballast but any HID ballast...

its time for a update on both my prism lighting science 315w cmh light autos and photo grows both in super soil

my plants in my tent got plain water and my photo plant in my closet grow got a corn seed sprout tea

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

the plants in my grow tent are under a prism lighting science 315w cmh are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day [HASHTAG]#74[/HASHTAG] from sprout and day [HASHTAG]#67[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#74[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#67[/HASHTAG] from sprout

the single photo plant in the closet under a prism lighting science 315w cmh is

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day [HASHTAG]#30[/HASHTAG] of flower

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG

Back