New Grower Praying I don't mess up my 1st grow

@Gatorbackbob

Another 10/11 days? Are you sure? ...

Bud Pushing-it UK
As long as the Amber ones don't look like that on the actual calyx, yeah, it'll be fine, if you touch the buds during flower, the next day you'll see Amber trichs on the sugar leaves, the oil on your hands degrades the outer trichs and speeds up their maturity, as does leaves bumping against other leaves/buds it's all in the calyx, the actual bud, that matters when reading trichomes, because we generally don't grow to smoke the leaves primarily. If in fact the Amber looks like those pictures on the actual calyxes it's time to chop now, and you missed the flush window.

Oh no, I didn't mean 10-11 days, I meant after the 7 days, harvest, so after the fourth day of watering, let it dry out those last 3 and on that last 24 hours in the dark

@Gatorbackbob The guy's first grow dude .. you may be right, but don't blind him with detail ... he just wants to know if chopping now's good?
I'd say, a bud in the hand's worth 2 in the bush .. don't get bogged down with detail on your first grow... enjoy your success ... detail comes later.
Just sayin' ...

Bud Wiser UK

For what it's worth Germaine, I agree with Gator. The trichomes on the actual bud can differ from trichomes on sugar leaves, which we see here. Let us see the calyxes.
Also, I have chopped without flushing. A good cure and I couldn't tell the difference. Many growers don't flush. The only reason I flush is to not waste nutes. When I say flush, I mean water only, not running "X" amount of water, until "Y" amount of runoff.

Damn well I flushed already last night with 6 gallons of water. I thought i had to do the same type of flush I did on the chemdogging. Too late now. And I looked closely at the buds themselves. There were a decent amount of red trichs on them also. I moved her into spare bedroom with the air conditioner on low she finished draining. It's 65 degreees in there. So I should move it back down into the tent and wait a week then?

Damn well I flushed already last night with 6 gallons of water. I thought i had to do the same type of flush I did on the chemdogging. Too late now. And I looked closely at the buds themselves. There were a decent amount of red trichs on them also. I moved her into spare bedroom with the air conditioner on low she finished draining. It's 65 degreees in there. So I should move it back down into the tent and wait a week then?
The term flush, from what I gather, is misinterpreted sometimes. If you have toxicity, you "flush" 3X the pot, to clean her soil. When "flushing" before harvest, it is more of a water only thing. Giving her water only for the last 2 weeks will pull the last bit of food from the soil.
I have fed up until harvest and saw no difference in quality, taste, smell, tbh. That is highly debatable, though. The only reason I flush, is to not waste nutes, left in the plant.
That being said, if you see a good amount of amber on the buds, I would give her the axe. I wouldn't wait for her to dry. I wouldn't wait for a dark period. She will continue to ripen, slightly, during dry time.
These are my opinions, based on my limited experience. By all means, do what feels right.

Well DBC has been chopped and trimmed. It's in a paper bag now. It took a while because my 2 pairs of scissors kept getting sticky and clogged up. Final wet weight from this one was 129 grams after trim. I didn't count several of the smaller buds from the bottom. Just added them to the trim box to dry. I'm going to try to make some brownies if I can find a good recipe to use. Even the small buds were nice and dense when squeezed.
004.jpg
005.jpg
007.jpg

The term flush, from what I gather, is misinterpreted sometimes. If you have toxicity, you "flush" 3X the pot, to clean her soil. When "flushing" before harvest, it is more of a water only thing. Giving her water only for the last 2 weeks will pull the last bit of food from the soil.
I have fed up until harvest and saw no difference in quality, taste, smell, tbh. That is highly debatable, though. The only reason I flush, is to not waste nutes, left in the plant.
That being said, if you see a good amount of amber on the buds, I would give her the axe. I wouldn't wait for her to dry. I wouldn't wait for a dark period. She will continue to ripen, slightly, during dry time.
These are my opinions, based on my limited experience. By all means, do what feels right.

^That sounds sensible to me Yeatster. [emoji1360]

Well DBC has been chopped and trimmed. It's in a paper bag now. It took a while because my 2 pairs of scissors kept getting sticky and clogged up. Final wet weight from this one was 129 grams after trim. I didn't count several of the smaller buds from the bottom. Just added them to the trim box to dry. I'm going to try to make some brownies if I can find a good recipe to use. Even the small buds were nice and dense when squeezed.
View attachment 636836 View attachment 636837 View attachment 636838

Nice work MrG !

You can stop praying now cos you didn't mess it up! [emoji1362]

Back