Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Six Shooter, Black Stone, Stone Dragon, Moroccan and home made hash
Have anyone really investigated the question what are the necessary pot volume?

Most people say bigger, the better. I have seen fantastic results in small pots. These plants are fast growers. I think there is a limit for how big pots they can utilise.
Harvest will have a second pleasure; investigating root balls in standard plastic pots and air-pots, small and large plants.

I have 2 @FastBuds Mexican Airlines in the hangar. There will be two flights. One takes off from a 6 L air-pot, the other takes of from something big. Will tell tomorrow, after purchasing a container, but it will be 20-30 L.

Hi! we suggest 20L pots. Also, if they are taller than wider and airpots, the plant will grow more.

Let's see how they'll fly :)

Also comes down to grower skill and medium... a 2 gal pot with coco and a skilled grower will blow away a 5 gal pot and soil. Soooooo many different variable go into it. I use a 7 gal sometimes. It doesn't grow them any bigger than my 5 gals... but the luxury is LESS WATERING

Also comes down to grower skill and medium... a 2 gal pot with coco and a skilled grower will blow away a 5 gal pot and soil. Soooooo many different variable go into it. I use a 7 gal sometimes. It doesn't grow them any bigger than my 5 gals... but the luxury is LESS WATERING
That is also what I reasoned. It must be a limit for how much medium roots can fill, with such fast growing plants.

I personally like the 7 gallons pots. I'm doing the 5 gallon ones now with promix with additional 30% perlite. Watering 1.5 gallons every 36 hours is very consuming. The first few weeks in a 7 gallon sort of suck too. Takes over a week to dry out.

Now let's not get carried away. Soil grows big plants as well. And peat has double the CEC of Coco, it's hard to move away from.

Self watering only(wick system). 3 gallons of Coots kit soil. Skylar Whites.

imag2094-jpg.584515

I think genetics and quality of soil/nutes matter more than anything. But your move Mr 2gallon Coco. :shooty:

Here's Coots soil with general organics bloom and bud fed into. 5gallon smartpot, 116g in a square foot of space.

imag1571-jpg.547840

Thats the monster Dinafem crit+ I had.

Sadly I don't have anything bigger than 1sq ft plants though, they get trimmed back at that point.

Here's Coots soil with general organics bloom and bud fed into. 5gallon smartpot, 116g in a square foot of space.

imag1571-jpg.547840

Thats the monster Dinafem crit+ I had.

Sadly I don't have anything bigger than 1sq ft plants though, they get trimmed back at that point.
How can you beat a qp/sq ft?

Back