Dragon Meds Portal Bud Blast

Here they are today

20160924_191332.jpg
20160924_191302.jpg
20160924_191200.jpg
20160924_191224.jpg
20160924_191239.jpg

Looking Great Medi :peace:

Thanks pyrokev, I'm happy with them and the soil is working well.

I had a little hiccup today, I began a little super-cropping today on the RM and FF. The Fairy Frost stalk is sort of the semi-hollow type and I made the mistake of not pinching and softening it before bending the top, and I caused a partial snap.

20160925_113055.jpg

The break is a little less than 50% through so I think it will heal, we'll see. I got a plastic straw and cut a piece to make a splint, that's the orange plastic there. Then I put another piece on top and taped, I didn't want tape in direct contact with the cut.

20160925_113454.jpg

Having done this, it doesn't seem snug as neither tape nor straw have much pressure on the break, so I used a pipe cleaner to bend the break back together, like this:

20160925_113946.jpg

I'm optimistic that this will heal within a week, probably less, as I did all of this immediately when it happened. Probably make a knuckle on the stalk there and be okay, just messes up the shaping I was trying to achieve.

These things happen, but could have been avoided with better technique. No worries though, guys.

I would never have thought of 2 piece straws for a splint. Ty sir, sorry you had to have a problem, looks like you got it under control.

You juiced any leaf yet?

Hey, @Dudeski , yeah, I think the plant will be fine. I'm going to spray some aloe tonic again. I'll add in some millet grain to shake up in there, millet has all the b-vitamin complexes in there, maybe some will get in through the leaves, but I think the plant will be fine in any event.

No juicing yet though I've continued eating the last buds of g14 right off the plant. I get very good energy from doing this, and want to experiment more with consuming raw cannabis.

My stray Amber will be a good candidate for this as the seasons are changing and it's doubtful she can finish with much outside, it's already between 46 and 52 F at night here, it's definitely slowing her down.

Here she is, pics with flash so color looks a little lighter than true.

20160925_184112.jpg
20160925_184127.jpg
20160925_184151.jpg

Ohh those colors are awesome! Juicing would be easy when defol a big plant but hard to get that nany leafs with the smaller girls

Yeah, you know I haven't run out to get a juicer yet, might just get a little blender to make smoothies or something. Either that or chop it up fine like I do with parsley and mint in cous cous salad, you know, with some feta, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil. The flavor would be very complimentary to that dish for sure. That's my favorite way to eat pasta, actually.

But yeah, she needs time, she's still pretty snack size looking.
Would be easier with a qp. :greencheck: :yeahthat:

Hey, @Dudeski...No juicing yet though I've continued eating the last buds of g14 right off the plant. I get very good energy from doing this, and want to experiment more with consuming raw cannabis....
It seems most of what I've seen regarding eating cannabis, aside from edibles, usually relates to the seed. Eating the bud and leaves green, raw, has been on my horizon but never pursued.
Just read a quick article and I think of all the leaves and immature bud that's hit the compost well.... shoot!

Do you have any links to favorite articles or sites that detail benefits of of eating green grass?

Yes, I actually said "eating green grass". Move over Bossy, poppa's gonna graze......

@olderthandirt hey brother, yeah, look into it if you have enough fresh material. I don't have a chronic disease such as cancer but from what I've read, it is probably a good practice for health maintenance and as a preventative.

I've just been searching the net for info, most of what I've found references Dr. William Courtney, who is the primary advocate for juicing/eating raw cannabis. There is also a book out now (pub. 2014) on juicing cannabis...I ordered a copy and hope to pick up more info there. If you're interested, I'll share whatever I might learn from the book after I've had time to study it. But yes, the acid forms of cannabinnoids are known to have medical applications, the terpenes of course as well. Plus the fact that you can safely achieve higher doses without getting blasted.

I'll hit you up here or in a PM if I come across something really key, or send me a note if I forget. So far, I've learned that you can freeze the fresh juice in ice trays in your freezer for use a month or two later, but fresh squeezed is best.
:meds:

Shoot @MediScrogs , start up a thread later on once you've gleaned more info.
This year not enough green to make much other than smoke but the amount of leaf and underdeveloped bud that I've pitched into the compost I could have been simply munchin' it as you've been doin'.

Damn but this plant is so very cool!

Back