Dragon Meds Portal Automix...Let the indoor LED wars begin!54"X20X34" microgrow

I would love to see that side by side comparison. That'd b awesome. I feel so bad I've been here like 6 months and just realized the dragon strains come from our community !

Ah heck...just realized that it wont be a full on comparison though as I have no Big Bloom left from FF...dang it.
Yeah the dragons are all autoflower net strains from mossy and stone. It was actually the dragons that attracted me to this site so much initially.

@Fairlynew - not sure if its if its just the strain, but there sure is a lot of crystal forming earlier on the LEDlightseller brand than the mars so far!
There is something about the spectrum that develops heavy resin production a lot heavier than my apollo six lights. The cheapest light out there producing copious amounts of resin

I have some dragon beans they are going outside next summer. The dragon strains are gaining popularity. Get some Rhino skin brother that shit is the bomb on holding the weight of the bud until the very end.

Last edited:
There is something about the spectrum that develops heavy resin production a lot heavier than my apollo six lights. The cheapest light out there producing copious amounts of resin

I will tell ya, side by side the spectrums are extremely different. The mars is a much whiter light, and the ledlightseller is crazy pink/purple. I paid more for the ledlightseller than the mars, since I opted to play it safe and get the dimmable version, and am super happy with it. Thanks for the tip bud.
The temps have been perfect(82-86) since overall cooling of weather(never got around to upgrading outtake fans yet), and it should be smooth for the rest of this run and the next run. Hell with a fan upgrade I could squeeze another ledlightseller in there. ;)

The same with my apollos 912 they are a white color. I think the pairing makes for a great combo. Make sure you get that fan upgrade and then more wattage in the cottage means more weight on the plate.. I really dig there COB lights too they are tough in there make I had a faulty plug wire it got hot I unplugged it arcked I thought my light was toast for sure I found another cord froma computer plugged it in an bam she fired right back up it would have blown a computer the pop it made

t
The same with my apollos 912 they are a white color. I think the pairing makes for a great combo. Make sure you get that fan upgrade and then more wattage in the cottage means more weight on the plate.. I really dig there COB lights too they are tough in there make I had a faulty plug wire it got hot I unplugged it arcked I thought my light was toast for sure I found another cord froma computer plugged it in an bam she fired right back up it would have blown a computer the pop it made

Based on what ive seen so far, I will be upgrading the fans, though funds are pretty tight to be buying another light right now. I could see buying another one for next winter though! So the cobs...how intense is the light on those...would it be feasible in this type of limited vertical setup?
Edit - Rhinoskin I will be using, but as funds are so tight right now it will not be added this season. So far the branches are quite woody, so I don't think flopping ill be an issue...in fact the sativa one took everything I have(well maybe not everything, but it wasn't easy!) to pinch/twist supercrop her...very woody tough stalks.

Ah yeah forgot...I cut some boards today, and jacked up the girls another 2" today, which takes the tips at 10-14" from the surface of the lights and they are loving it. Obviously I will push the plants and let them get to 6" from the light, if they grow that much more vertically. :D
The plant in the center(the last to show sex) has taken off major, as it was once pretty much the same size as the other in the left quadrant. I decided to get the shorter plant the prime overlapping light section, so I switched those two. Decided to leave the sativa dom in the ledlightseller side for the full grow(or at least for now).

Last edited:
The COBS are really intense light 912 I am blown away with my 1200 but the make a 400 with a 220 watt draw and I think a 200 with a 110 watt draw. They are tough easy to repair compared to modular. I have found rhinoskin to be a big help with not having to tie up so many branches . I go with in 6 inches with my three hundred watt lights I have with quite a few plants with out any problems. But 10 to 14 inches is great for spreading the light out. I switch the plants in between the 300 watt lights and my apollo 6 to help get a even coverage with the resin making 300 watt lights. Some people will think I am nuts that a light so cheap the non dimming version for 75 US can produce such a beautiful plant but it is true. Thanks for the rep 912

The COBS are really intense light 912 I am blown away with my 1200 but the make a 400 with a 220 watt draw and I think a 200 with a 110 watt draw. They are tough easy to repair compared to modular. I have found rhinoskin to be a big help with not having to tie up so many branches . I go with in 6 inches with my three hundred watt lights I have with quite a few plants with out any problems. But 10 to 14 inches is great for spreading the light out. I switch the plants in between the 300 watt lights and my apollo 6 to help get a even coverage with the resin making 300 watt lights. Some people will think I am nuts that a light so cheap the non dimming version for 75 US can produce such a beautiful plant but it is true. Thanks for the rep 912

I'll have to look into the COB 400w/220. Ultimately I guess my goal would be to keep them at the level they are and let them grow up into the strongest light by the end of harvest..but shit, after you said that I will be raising them up tomorrow at least another couple of inches. ;)
Thanks for the new tech schoolin' man!

Thanks for the rep 912! Great things going on here and what u have going on is right up the ally I just entered. I'm definitely here and soaking up everything I can from questions you ask and hopefully we can help each other though you are a bit further ahead lol. All in all how's it feel to b back indoor?

Thanks for the rep 912! Great things going on here and what u have going on is right up the ally I just entered. I'm definitely here and soaking up everything I can from questions you ask and hopefully we can help each other though you are a bit further ahead lol. All in all how's it feel to b back indoor?

Feels great to be growing indoors again...its been 2 decades too long...I love being able to look at them, and manipulate the plants every day. Also digging the new tech and portal strains so far! It'll also be great to be able to stay tuned into the plants over the winter rather than getting out of sync when not growing in the winter.

Back