Dragon Meds Portal Automix...Let the indoor LED wars begin!54"X20X34" microgrow

U make me want to start breeding but I'm too lazy to want to clean the pollen after the grow haha won't your can b destroyed if you put some males in the. Breeding has me so confused lol I'd love to breed moonstone into some purple crinkle from me photo when it comes out in April

U make me want to start breeding but I'm too lazy to want to clean the pollen after the grow haha won't your can b destroyed if you put some males in the. Breeding has me so confused lol I'd love to breed moonstone into some purple crinkle from me photo when it comes out in April

All breeding I will be doing will occur outside the cabinet, as well as male growth. As this will be selective branch breeding, I don't want the whole plant to be seeded, just a branch. The process will go like this...

1 Grow all plants in 8" pots
2 Once sex show keep the strongest male of the desired strain.
3 Remove undesired males, and move the desired male to a window on a ceramic plate.
4 Once male drops pollen, collect pollen and kill the lad.
5 Select the plant and branch to make the seed and remove from cab, then cover all of the plant with damp paper towel except for the branch to be pollinated.
6 Using a paintbrush, carefully brush on the pollen to the desired branch and mark the branch with a piece of tape.
7 Let pollen sit for an hour undisturbed.
8 Spray the exposed branch with the misting bottle to kill the pollen.(its job has been done)
9 Discard the paper towels.
10 Enjoy fun with mating!

Mating using photo to photo, or Auto to Auto is fun and easy. The hard part is trying to carry traits from a photo into an Autoflowering type of plant.

So many beans to start as well! Breeding is kind of intimidating, but the thought of saving money overwhelms that lol

The extra seed is the only real drawback. When initial price is considered, regular seeds are quite a bit more costly than feminized ones, since half tend to be males and will be discarded. I don't mind the initial added cost, for I know I have males and can reproduce the strains, and make auto crosses.
The real drawback I find, is when I want just females. Starting 4 seeds on the average you "should" get 2 females, but it doesn't always work out that way. I've had some 12 packs of regular photo seed produce almost all females, yet some produce almost all males...total luck of the draw.

Ah now that makes more sense and seems way easier than I thought! Then I can dial in my own strain as needed. How do I get my mixes to b fully female tho?

Ah now that makes more sense and seems way easier than I thought! Then I can dial in my own strain as needed. How do I get my mixes to b fully female tho?

Yeah its really not too complicated if you don't mind the culling process. Making your own feminized seed is more work and more complicated, as you need to spray the plants to mutate the female to get female pollen. Drawback is sprayed plants aren't smokable.

But I think it's worth it if you get the right seeds from you're breeding. But I like to try so many different strains. But I guess as I new breeder I'd have phenos all over the place lol this could b fun when summer hits. Do makes stink too I assume?

So I could easily put them outside hidden but not smelt? thus Keeping my girls safe except for what I want to pollenate?

Back