Dragon Meds Portal Automix...Let the indoor LED wars begin!54"X20X34" microgrow

I have some promix hp in the basement I could use as well. Used it my first grow and it worked great. My hydro store only sells the huge bails so I grabbed sunshine 4. I have enough promix for 2 of my 3gal pots though so we can use the same soil too.

I have some promix hp in the basement I could use as well. Used it my first grow and it worked great. My hydro store only sells the huge bails so I grabbed sunshine 4. I have enough promix for 2 of my 3gal pots though so we can use the same soil too.

That'll work perfect then! I'll get a bail of promix hp when I go down this week.

Just read through your thread brother, and wasn't surprised at all to see what a excellent job you did with your first AFs indoors. We know that skills and the right grow gear is only half the equation, the other half being great genetics. We also know that Stone and N.W. have/do breed some nice AF genetics. I don't think that either of you will be disappointed with their meds. Also like we talked about already, Yoda's YDB is also excellent.

All so, concerning Pro Mix HP, that is all that I have used indoors. In fact believe it or not, I picked up a bail just today while I was in town. Good stuff INMO. I started adding some extra perlite (1:1) to it with my current grow, and I can certainly see a difference in both veg and flower.

Peace!

Just read through your thread brother, and wasn't surprised at all to see what a excellent job you did with your first AFs indoors. We know that skills and the right grow gear is only half the equation, the other half being great genetics. We also know that Stone and N.W. have/do breed some nice AF genetics. I don't think that either of you will be disappointed with their meds. Also like we talked about already, Yoda's YDB is also excellent.

All so, concerning Pro Mix HP, that is all that I have used indoors. In fact believe it or not, I picked up a bail just today while I was in town. Good stuff INMO. I started adding some extra perlite (1:1) to it with my current grow, and I can certainly see a difference in both veg and flower.

Peace!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting bud! Yes absolutely! Skills, gear, and genetics are all symbiotic for amazing plants. Sure you can grow solid plants with skill and good grow gear, but if genetics suck, no amount of skills will make the plants good quality. I am into trying out the ybd but it'll have to be an outdoor thing for me, for the cab cant handle the height on that one. As for quality of the portal strains they are looking to be top quality for sure.

Thanks for the tip on the promix hp...I will certainly be grabbing a bail to use. So 1:1 with perlite huh? That's a lot of perlite! I was going to add around 30% perlite to 70% promix. Really I don't need them to grow much faster in the veg period than they already do, even with crappy generic topsoil.

I need to buy a bag of perlite too. It's just so intimidating cause the grow so don't carry small bags. Where can I go to get smaller bags of perlite

Nevermind I just price checked the big bag and it will last forever so I'll just grab a big bag and call it good. It's fairly cheap additive. I almost want to buy air pots too to be honest.

Thanks for the tip on the promix hp...I will certainly be grabbing a bail to use. So 1:1 with perlite huh? That's a lot of perlite! I was going to add around 30% perlite to 70% promix.

My bad!
I use 1/3 perlite NOT 50% as I originally stated. I reuse (I use a lot of medium) some of my PRO-Mix from previous grows after letting it 'cook' . So I add 1/3 'used' pro-mix, 1/3 new pro-mix, and you guessed it 1/3 perlite. Sorry for the confusion guys. Carry on!

Nevermind I just price checked the big bag and it will last forever so I'll just grab a big bag and call it good. It's fairly cheap additive.
Yea, I was blown away the first time I bought a bag of #4 size perlite at how inexpensive it is. I use the largest size (forget right now what size #) for my outdoor TLO mix, and it is a little more than twice as much.

Good plan on the YDB, Greenster! Mine got around 3' outdoors last year. I will have to see if I took a picture of her. If I find one, I will post it later in this thread. Need to ready to go to town again, as my wife has an appointment with her Oncologist late this morning. I will pick you guys up some perlite. LOL.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back