Fast Buds Pop22's Fast Buds Comp Grow - Rhino Ryder!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Well, I was all set. Was going to shoot my setup, as an opening.........WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! My Nikon D60 won't focus...... got to send it out for repair. So I'm demoted to my cellphone. I'll mess around with the video for a day or to. Until then Here's my setup:

There's nothing I love better than doing things a bit differently. Lately, I've been into auto pots and they are a damn fine tool for growers! I also like my DIY version of bottom watered pots. And DIY it is for 2/3 of this grow.........more on the third setup later!

I'm using a 32" x32" x 60" tent. I have a Mars Hydro 192 x 3 Reflector LED growlight in there, actual draw is 165W veg, 345W full power. This light absolutely fill this tent with light, hell, its almost as big as the tent!
Seeds soaked for 12hrs, then into a paper towel. checked today, hadn't popped yet.

My DIY pots are 10 gallon low and wide totes. They are 9.5" deep, 13" wide and 22" long. Previously, I placed 4" pipe fittings in the bottom to raise the upper pot off the bottom, creating a reservoir. The fittings are expensive so I wanted a better/cheaper solution.

And! I decided to cut a 3 1/2 gallon pail in have, which comes out to 4.5" tall, perfect! I'll have a stable base. The res will hold about 5 gallons.

And to make it interesting, one pot will be organic soil, the other, coco with GrowMore Seagrow 16-16-16 as the nutrient. no "bloom" nutes will be used.

The soil will be my own, simple mix, nothing fancy. I use RO water with cal/mag added at 90-120 ppms every watering. Doing this, I have NEVER had a cal/mag issue.

I'll post my surprise for the third plant tomorrow!Stay tuned!

New DIY Pot pic1 -7-28-2016.jpg
Rhino Ryder Seeds -7-28-2016.jpg

hehehe first..

I no the feeling my whole set up crapped out on me ... now I'm stuck learnin p.c. programs...

guess I should drop my seeds in water tonite... good luck and have fun

Here are my 10 gallon, self watered DIY pots. The soil pot on the left, does not have the sock wick. I used one for the coco to keep it as well watered as possible. This is the first time I've used one of my pots for coco! The pots have a 5" net pot, stuffed with soil or coco depending on the grow medium. I've stuffed the wick pot with rockwool before also, worked quite well in my 20 gallon pot. I'm beginning to see real value in these wide and low pots. First, being less than 12" deep, makes them perfect for a wick system. Second, based on the theory proposed by Root Makers ( inventor of the air pot ), the first 4" of root mass is the most important. I am going to use Root Maker's propagation pots for the seedlings. They are designed similar to air pots, and their purpose is to build root mass in the first 4" and stopping the growth of the tap root. They also stop root circling in the starter pot. My goal is to get the root mass to spread out thru the soil quickly,

A change in plants on the soil. I'm recycling the soil from the Blue dragon I grew in this soil pot. I'm adding amendments seeing its recycled. I bought some organic dry nutrient for my raised beds,Kellog Organic Tomato and Vegetable Fertilizer. I don't feel its as good a mix as the GrowMore Organic Soil builder, but it should suffice, we have a double test going in one pot! I'll also add Azomite for micro-nutrients, hopefully it will release enough to help, but Azomite is basically powdered rock so it will take time for soil life to chelate it. I'll mix the top dressing as follows:

1/4 cup Kellog Organic Tomato and Vegetable Fertilizer,1/4 cup Azomite, 1/4 cup lime, 1 Tbs Epsom salts, 1 quart composted cow manure, 1 pint chicken manure, 1 tsp. Blood meal, and 1 gallon Black Soil, and a little perlite as I have no more coco.. lol!

DIY 10 gallon pot pic1.jpg
DIY 10 gallon pot pic2.jpg
DIY 10 gallon pot pic3.jpg

I also had to modifiy the bucket halves. I needed the wick to fit between them so I sawed off about a 1/4 of each one. works perfect now and the upper pot is stable. I added a plastic bowl as a fourth corner in the soil pot, I only had three 4" elbows in it.

Now just waiting for some seedling transplants!

Back