New Grower Perpetual Harvest with Autos - Indoor LED to Outdoor - 3x Simultaneous Grows

Trimming up CP [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] when suddenly a few heavy, beautiful seeds popped out! Germinating them now because I will have space with the failures between grows [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] and [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]. Did it herm a little from heat stress? Never noticed any male parts. I'll take them!

Edit: AK [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] gave me 3 big seeds too! How weird is that. Going to try to start them all. Is this a risk to the rest of my plants?

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying these out. The first couple plants were chopped early and the trichomes are 50/50 clear/cloudy and maybe 5% amber. All around 3 oz per plant. The seed supplier says I should be getting more than double that at a minimum. Lots of room for improvement.

AK is VERY sticky. Haven't had bud this sticky for a long time even from medical dispensaries. Smoke is still a bit harsh. Buds are very stretched out due to heat. Great sort of giddy high with no anxiety, I love it.

Critical Purple is not really sticky at all, hope the other one will be though! Smooth smoke and a bit of fruity flavor coming through. This is supposed to be a high THC but a couple bowls in the bong didn't really bring on any body stone. Passed out hard not long after though. Again cut early and only been curing about a week.

After the drying rack I stuck the buds in mason jars with boveda 62 packs. Didn't really bother to burp, and it doesn't seem that they needed it. I will probably open them up for a bit for the first 2-3 days then after that not bother. Hopefully this will work out well because otherwise I'm going to have too many fucking jars to be burping them all the time, forget that.

Here's another security tip LOL, get rid of your bud! I've already gotten rid of mine and am not storing it where I am growing it. :poof:

AK [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
20180629_113742.jpg

20180629_113904.jpg

CP [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
20180629_114800.jpg

20180629_114657.jpg

Hell yeah, a bit more curing and I'll be ripped off this all summer :goauto: :cools:

OK the ash wasn't so bad, not as bad as last year anyway. Basically big dust particles that I will wash off later.

However, I did just rip out the main cola and more from one of the Critical Purples due to BUD WORMS! Killed about a dozen worms that were on most of the tops. I probably overreacted by trashing over a quarter of the buds but I'm not going to bother cleaning out all the worm shit. They looked gross. We get these little white butterflies all summer that lay these things, also a fair number of moths. You can tell the buds start looking off a bit like bud rot, pull it apart and see tons of small black dot droppings which attracts other bugs that you don't want. I realize I could just spray BT but I'm going to try to get by without it. If not for the partial cover of the greenhouse, and if I were doing a pure outdoor grow, I think I would definitely use BT. But I'm going to try to get by without it. I saw a few bud worms a week ago and pulled them off and killed them, but I should have checked closer. At least they only got to one plant, but of course it was the one with the fattest buds and the furthest along. Think I'll start flushing that one now and do an early harvest.

From bud rot, to bud worms, to wildfire ash, to neighbors with fly infestations... good bud is slowly being grown :cuss: Need to pick up some mantis eggs I think.

By the way none of the herm seeds germinated, one started to but fizzled out. I am still working on the perfect conditions for my heat mat and dome. At 76F it feels cold and never dries out, at 78F the paper towels dry out overnight, trickier than I would have thought.

Last edited:
Man I went to take some photos, fucking worm on the tip top of my purple CP! Problem may be worse than I realize! Worms on 2 plants now. This CP strain has been giving me problems, hopefully the kushes will be easier on me. The AKs have been pretty problem free.

yikes from bad to worse it seems :wall: got some lovely looking buds though :thumbsup:
never heard of bud worms,maybe baby catapillars ?
:pighug:

Thank you, yes they are baby caterpillars from the eggs of either moths or butterflies.

I tried to get a shot of the damage, minimal but gross. Notice the scraggly looking leaf which is how I tracked it down. Inside of buds are full of black turds and little white eggs or bugs or something. Threw out half a dozen large colas so far. Hard to take a picture of it, still need a camera capable of macro shots.

20180705_135025.jpg
20180705_135119.jpg

Took photos of the purple CP and the 2 Haze XL and Kush XL but not sure what happened to them :jointman:

This Critical Purple doesn't want to form buds
20180705_134505.jpg
20180705_134526.jpg

AK [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]
20180705_134537.jpg
20180705_134546.jpg

AK [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] leaves turning purple a bit from cold nights
20180705_134600.jpg
20180705_134626.jpg

AK [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] doesn't want to form buds either
20180705_134644.jpg
20180705_134655.jpg

So with grow [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] there are 4 plants budding hard, of which the 2 AKs look perfect and the 2 CPs both have bud worms (one with significant damage), then 1 AK and 1 CP which are taking a very long time.

Grow [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] is just 2 Haze XL which I fucked up trying to supercrop and look a bit stressed. Then 1 Kush XL which I accidentally topped but looks GREAT like a nice fat bush. Maybe I will just top instead of supercropping, unless I can be more careful with the training/staking/tying.

Grow [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] I have 2 Candy Kush and 2 Sour Kush with a few sets of leaves.

Out of 6 hermie seeds from grow [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] I haven't really seen any germination action in the past week so I'm probably not going to use them.

Grow [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] will be 5 feminized White Widow and are photoperiod to end the season some time in October. Need to start those up in a week or so, otherwise they will be trying to finish up when the weather starts to get cold and rainy.

Overall I'm just trying to have fun with this first season and keep it together, I stopped giving a fuck about yields or loss and am just going to relax and ride it out. No point in stressing it, it's just weed man :joy:

Attachments

• 20180705_134638.jpg
    20180705_134638.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 138
any harvest is a good harvest,but jeez it be nice if you could catch a bit of slack and have an easier time of it.
baby catapillers theres me thinking they were cute n all,the lil bastards go make a home in yer buds :shooty:
:pighug:

Ah man it gets worse, keep finding worms nearly every single bud! Tossed half the damn plant already. The damn bugs shit up the inside of the buds and I can't be fucked to clean it all up, so into the trash it goes. Found evidence I believe of some light grey colored mites, at first I thought they were eggs but they were all over the damn place. Going to harvest whatever's left of this CP must have lost 2-3 ounces. Well not really lost, I just don't want to use the grubby buds. Also will harvest the purple CP because it was spreading, though I haven't seen any damage yet. Couple worms on the main cola but no visible damage.

I'm going to stay away from this Critical Purple strain as it has been much more trouble than the AK for me. I'll try and let the last one finish which still looks to be a month out, but I'm going to be REALLY quick to chop her when the time comes :tang:

What do you all think should I dig what I had out of the trash and wash it up? There's not really any bud damage and I'll probably end up cooking it into edibles. Don't really want to go out and buy a couple gallons of H2O2 just for one tiny harvest.

Ah for fucks sake, well pardon all the posts but I just realized I have an emergency harvest situation on my hands. Now this photo is from the OTHER CP, the prized purple one, medium sized bud in the dead center of plant. Not going to mess around, going to chop these things NOW!! :coffee:

20180705_164100.jpg

Saw one leaf with some very minor damage, opened it up and a big ole worm was hiding in there. This is all the mess left behind, see all the globs of white junk? That's why I don't want to use those buds, I feel like if I try to wash that out it's just going to end up rotting. Forget digging the other stuff out of the trash.

The AKs are not showing any signs of anything but I will cut the nutrients on them now and try to give them a few more weeks. Who knows what I will run into next, but I need to be a little bit more on top of the greenhouse situation even though I'm in there multiple times per day.

Holy fuck I'm glad I pulled both the Critical Purples, the damage was way more extensive than I realized. On the one plant I probably threw out over 2/3rds of it. Lost every single top cola except one, and I'm sure there's a fucking worm chilling somewhere in that one too. I don't know how there were so many damn eggs, could be moths getting in there at night.

Luckily I saved most of the other purple CP! Even if I did pull it early and didn't really flush. It did have a few grody buds but I only lost 5-10%. When I say lost, again I could have cleaned it and used almost all of it, but they are of very low value considering the plants were pulled early without flush.

I'm trying to look at the bright side here, it's painful tearing the plants apart and trashing buds but I'm still just trying to learn and only want the good shit. Even with the amount I threw out from bud rot on the first 4 plants from grow [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] they still produced more than expected. But then again according to the seed supplier I should be able to get much more weight for an outdoor grow.

Here's the purple Critical Purple, man I really wanted to let this one ride it out another couple weeks but by chopping it early I saved it. This one is different from the others that were getting purple leaves I think from the cold.
20180705_173247.jpg
20180705_173256.jpg
20180705_173303.jpg

Here is the Critical Purple that had worm damage in all the top colas. This thing was hulking since the beginning and it's too bad. The trichomes on the leaves were starting to turn amber. Too bad I threw out 66-75% of this thing. This was my best looking plant by a long shot, but let's see what happens with the AKs that are still going from grow [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
20180705_173324.jpg
20180705_173352.jpg
20180705_173413.jpg

Back