This was my concern, maybe i'll try snipping a few holes out while theres little growth there.
Also i never thought of the using the airpots in the same way but it makes perfect sense. I'll be potting my photos up into 15ltr airpots to veg up then i suppose once my autos are done i can just stick the full pots in the bed and crack on, or is it that just overkill for photos? would they benefit at all?

Sooner the photos get in the ground the better they will be in the end(assuming weather is good)...In my opinion, its all about maximizing root expansion. The more profuse the root base is, the bigger the above the ground plant will be. Couple a profuse root base with the amplifying factor of open canopy training(4 true node topping using LST to get branches nearly horizontal) and you got a solid technique for getting some amazing plants!!

This guy shows exactly what can be done with a profuse rooting system! If he would have trained and topped, i bet without a doubt, he would have done even better than he did!(really a tremendous grow...wish this guy would join here!! I tried to get him to!) https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/ne...cannabis-plant-Frisian-Dew-grown-in-Denmark./

I was actually just thinking about this!! Man, you are absolutely right on this one bud!! The holes in the pot above provided ample room, but they are bigger pots....the smaller diameter net pots that quentin is using puts the roots much closer to the holes(where they are naturally far thicker close to the main rooting system) than the pot i was using(2 gallon)
With a close proximity it might be a problem indeed!! Even strain seems to have impact on the thickness of roots.

Autoultimate rooting system. I dont think any of these roots would have an issue with smaller holes
View attachment 914018

But this Dinafem AWW XXL would have!! Note the diameter close to the main rooting system.
View attachment 914019
Beautiful roots. Funny how we can learn to appreciate things like roots lol
I think I see where you're going with this. The lateral roots not being as big, don't need as much room? Of course like you said that varies tremendously, strain to strain, plant to plant, hell I'd go as far as saying clone to clone. It's really kind of a toss up either way. Tap roots definitely need more space though.

Aww shucks, you shouldn't have. Lol I appreciate it brother.
Looking forward to your plants this year. You know your Blueberry is really similar to the ones I was going to grow this year? I didn't know it myself, but Short and Dutch Passion worked together for sometime.

The lateral roots not being as big, don't need as much room?

Yeah exactly...look at those roots and how quickly they taper out....by the time they reach 4-5" away from the main root base, they are relatively thin.

Of course like you said that varies tremendously, strain to strain, plant to plant, hell I'd go as far as saying clone to clone.
Totally agree, even with cloned plants. I have seen it first hand many times on SoG plants.

Tap roots definitely need more space though

Yeah for sure

Aww shucks, you shouldn't have. Lol I appreciate it brother.
Looking forward to your plants this year. You know your Blueberry is really similar to the ones I was going to grow this year? I didn't know it myself, but Short and Dutch Passion worked together for sometime.

Oh interesting...i didnt know that about short stuff and DP.

@St. Tom
That app works pretty good lmao.
2018-6-2 20-22-6.jpg

2018-6-1 15-13-49.jpg

Last edited:
so I finally made my decision, I choose which plant to keep at home(it's the one I already mentioned from the pic with a bunch of plants)
so here's my 2nd photo-entry.
another one of my own crosses, WS07xA6 (WS07 is hfh wild super07, A6 was a sister of A4, which was the mother/father of the A4 s1's. A6 was quiet late, harvested in november but without any rot, so I'm hoping the wild super07 pulls the harvest time down enough)
IMG_2397.JPG

so I finally made my decision, I choose which plant to keep at home(it's the one I already mentioned from the pic with a bunch of plants)
so here's my 2nd photo-entry.
another one of my own crosses, WS07xA6 (WS07 is hfh wild super07, A6 was a sister of A4, which was the mother/father of the A4 s1's. A6 was quiet late, harvested in november but without any rot, so I'm hoping the wild super07 pulls the harvest time down enough)
View attachment 914223
Crazy leaves on her pal great for the nosy neighbours I look forward to watching her progress

Back