Hey all,
Confirming my entries for both photo & auto comp
AUTOS;
s.o.d.k......mephisto
Night queen.......dutch passion
Colorado cookies.....dutch passion
Day 10/11 in the bed and fully outdoor now.
View attachment 913966 View attachment 913962 View attachment 913961

PHOTOS;
cookies kush.......barneys farm
Lemon og........dna seeds
Blackberry og........elemental seeds
(All freebies so win win) all day 25 & been fully outdoor about 2 week now.View attachment 913968
View attachment 913967 View attachment 913969

My journal link should anyone want a peek at whats going on in the greenhouse.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...entures-of-a-stoner.65031/page-8#post-1814494
looking good Q!, nice line up, gonna be some fun in the sun!

My new entry, day 48 for Auto ultimate and Auto frisian dew, day 43 for Critical jack auto. More pictures in my journal. They look healthy, maybe little small/tiny, I don't know. AFD for sure is the smallest, about 50-60cm. 2x AU are beast, more than 1m tall. Hope that there will be plenty of buds, 50g+. On AFD maybe 10g.

I think this is CJ:

AFD as is purple:

AU beast:

Not sure for this one, maybe CJ, maybe AFD, maybe AU:

Same as above CJ/AFD:

Smallest AFD:

all looking fine! like how they blend in!

Standard airpots and fabric pots work well for this as well, as do insta transplant pots made out of standard round or square pots
Agreed, although I've yet to use an airpot or fabric pot. There's a new pot called fertilpots, they are on the kis website, it's like a peat pot but a lot better supposedly. They breath and drain so much better they don't have drainage holes, so when you plant into a bigger container it's supposed to be seamless per say. I haven't tried it yet myself, but looking forward to trying them.

This is actually my first time attempting this. I usualy just use them to prue the tap root then transplant but thought why not just stick em in...it's what they're for....kind of lol. Although you do bring up a good point thats been on my mind....will the holes be big enough not to cut a roots suply off? These are 4" pots. Holes are probably 5-6mm I only put them in today so i could surgically try and make them bigger before theres any growth i suppose.
I'll look and see if I have any more pics of the roots Growing through mine. First ones I tried, I had roots that grew through and they got larger, naturally lol, and it seemed that some may have been restricted. I also had roots that busted the tines or whatever you want to call them. That's why I started cutting pieces out here and there, ecspecially on the bottom. You can cut the whole bottom out, some sides, like every other section, and set inside another net pot, then when you put in the soil you just remove the whole net pot and you have your customized pot to plant lol Best thing is their reusable. Roots go where they want, I've had tomato plants tap roots bust bottoms of pots and grow into the soil beneath. First time seeing this was probably ten years ago, I had a 6 to 7 foot tomato plant that was in a [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] nursery pot lmao I didn't know a whole lot then but was amazed at how well that plant was doing, after we pulled the tomatoes and all was said and done I attempted to pick the pot up, and it was work getting it up.

I'll look and see if I have any more pics of the roots Growing through mine. First ones I tried, I had roots that grew through and they got larger, naturally lol, and it seemed that some may have been restricted. I also had roots that busted the tines or whatever you want to call them. That's why I started cutting pieces out here and there, ecspecially on the bottom. You can cut the whole bottom out, some sides, like every other section, and set inside another net pot, then when you put in the soil you just remove the whole net pot and you have your customized pot to plant lol Best thing is their reusable. Roots go where they want, I've had tomato plants tap roots bust bottoms of pots and grow into the soil beneath. First time seeing this was probably ten years ago, I had a 6 to 7 foot tomato plant that was in a [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] nursery pot lmao I didn't know a whole lot then but was amazed at how well that plant was doing, after we pulled the tomatoes and all was said and done I attempted to pick the pot up, and it was work getting it up.

I was actually just thinking about this!! Man, you are absolutely right on this one bud!! The holes in the pot above provided ample room, but they are bigger pots....the smaller diameter net pots that quentin is using puts the roots much closer to the holes(where they are naturally far thicker close to the main rooting system) than the pot i was using(2 gallon)
With a close proximity it might be a problem indeed!! Even strain seems to have impact on the thickness of roots.

Autoultimate rooting system. I dont think any of these roots would have an issue with smaller holes
ultimate root 2.JPG

But this Dinafem AWW XXL would have!! Note the diameter close to the main rooting system.
IMG_5685.JPG

Repped

I was actually just thinking about this!! Man, you are absolutely right on this one bud!! The holes in the pot above provided ample room, but they are bigger pots....the smaller diameter net pots that quentin is using puts the roots much closer to the holes(where they are naturally far thicker close to the main rooting system) than the pot i was using(2 gallon)
With a close proximity it might be a problem indeed!! Even strain seems to have impact on the thickness of roots.

Autoultimate rooting system. I dont think any of these roots would have an issue with smaller holes
View attachment 914018

But this Dinafem AWW XXL would have!! Note the diameter close to the main rooting system.
View attachment 914019
This was my concern, maybe i'll try snipping a few holes out while theres little growth there.
Also i never thought of the using the airpots in the same way but it makes perfect sense. I'll be potting my photos up into 15ltr airpots to veg up then i suppose once my autos are done i can just stick the full pots in the bed and crack on, or is it that just overkill for photos? would they benefit at all?

Back