Anyone had any experience with this little gem??
Just window shopping as i have enough seeds for the year, but it has really tickled my fancy. Northern latittude too :drool:
Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-45-51.png
Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-46-09.png
Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-46-21.png

Woot!

Captcold's entry is a Jordan of the Island's Blue AK-47. Two legendary strains together, in one photoperiod battle :) what could be more fun?

Gunning for an lb/plant this year. Afghanis last year, with great growing season, will be hard to beat....

IMG_20180501_142602_hdr.jpg

I see the rules mentioning something about day 30.
does this mean I have to choose plants that are younger as 30 days to enter? or is it about day 30 since start of the contest?
I've got 2 plants(1 photo, 1 auto) that have been going for a while already, not sure when exactly I started them, but they may be older as 30 days. so would I still be able to enter one of those, or do I have to choose younger plants to enter?

Okay...so yes you are supposed to choose plants at 30 days of age...but as long as you have pics of the plants every 14 days form start to current, the 30 day rule would be exempt. I know this gives a slight edge to those that started plants in Febuary or whatever, but i thought this rule would be good to maximize participation, and would only effect very few entrants.

I read in the rules I'm allowed to enter 6 plants, 3 for each category.
this year I plan to grow 1(or maybe 2) auto's at home, the rest will go to guerilla. but I think it will be 2 weeks or longer till I will plant out those auto's on guerilla. I also have some (photo)seeds that I just harvested, so those need 1-2 weeks drying before I can start them.
so do I have to enter all plants at the same time, or can I enter some plants now, and more later on? (up to the limit of 3 plants per category, ofcourse)

(or maybe it'll be better to skip entering guerillaplants and just stick with plants I grow at home on the balcony, since I only visit guerilla at night so the photos won't be that nice?)

Absolutely you can enter plants at varied times. For instance...I am only running photoperiod plants this season, so I am allowed 3 entries. I have posted my first official entry(plants were on day 25, close enough to 30), and i chose DP Blueberry and also Sweet Seeds Green POison Fast. I have another single choice left, but i have started another batch of 4 pants and would rather pick from those(they are only on day 8 currently). So in another 20 days or so i will finalize my second wave selection and my 3 entries will be set in stone.

Its almost as if you knew already . .

Haha yeah almost like i did know! ;) Though i dont always have curplus time to comment, I am always watching!!

Can I enter two photos and an auto? One of my photos is a strain I know nothing about with very conflicting online data and its sprout is kinda sad looking. FWIW if anybody has ever grown Seedsmans 'Nemesis' I'd love to have any more reliable info on it.

Yes absolutely...you can enter up to a maximum of 3 autos and 3 photos. Not sure about nemesis!! Never seen that strains grown before!!

Man, I've been a busy bee haha. So quick question, could I enter a grow I have been doin for 31 days as of now? She is an auto, so she looks quite a bit more progressed then you photoperiod fellas, but that's due to me only having limited seed access as of now haha. I could also go ahead and start germing another auto now, seeing as she will probably finish close to the September deadline. Just need a little confirmation is all guys! First timer excuse :pass::crying:

Yes, that is fine. The most important thing is that you can supply 14 day interval pics(give or take a day is fine, as is having more pics than 14 day intervals) for your original entry. We are not going to get sticky with the 30 day rule. I dont see it as being ultra important in the grand scheme of things. Due to the voting process (live bud pic and dry bud pic), plants age does not really have a large impact on this contest even with photos. The main thing is that you can show that you started the plant.

I would have to say your one day past the deadline with your current auto if you go to page 1 but germinate another! And if you have room-you can have 3 entries this year also

Rule [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] exempts this
9 Plants started early - Early starters are still allowed to enter their plants. All they need to do is post pics every 14 days from week 1 to current in their original entry submission. Please note.....this could possibly be a start to finish entry in a single post for early starter auto growers. As long as there is bi weekly pics supplied, then this is fine.

So as long as you can post biweekly pics of your entry, older than 30 days will be allowed. Entries must be chosen and stuck with once entered. Again i set this rule up to maximize participation!!

Super happy to see several of you contestants from last year coming back for another shot!! Thanks for joining guys!! Still waiting on my editing powers to return so i can properly manage this competition. Hopefully very soon!!

ah, guess I can't enter the 2 plants I've already got going for a while then, I only have one pic of each from the 8th of april, so posting biweekly photos is impossible.
but I can enter with some of the younger photos, and I'll think about entering some of the future-guerilla autos.

here is my first entry already. actually no idea how old this one is either, but pretty sure it's within 30 days.
this one is from a selfed seed from my favorite plant from last year. currently still behind the window(her sister is outside, but only during the day so far). hoping to find back her mother's smell, because she smelled lovely. (maybe you notice a bit of spidermite damage, and in that case you're right, I recently squashed some hiding on this plant's leaf. I squash them as soon as I see them, and I sprayed all plants too last week, but haven't been able to get rid of them completely yet. but I've had them for a few years now, and as long as I keep squashing them the damage is manageable)
official entry pic
IMG_2337.JPG

and a premature pic, for a future entry, some seeds that just came off the plant and still need a bit of drying/rest to make them germ, but I'm expecting good things from them.
IMG_2338.JPG

and here, just for show, the older photo not elligible for entry. she's revegging a bit due to starting early, but she'll recover from that(and she is a descendant of duckfoot, hence the leaves).
IMG_2339.JPG

Last edited:
ah, guess I can't enter the 2 plants I've already got going for a while then, I only have one pic of each from the 8th of april, so posting biweekly photos is impossible.
but I can enter with some of the younger photos, and I'll think about entering some of the future-guerilla autos.

here is my first entry already. actually no idea how old this one is either, but pretty sure it's within 30 days.
this one is from a selfed seed from my favorite plant from last year. currently still behind the window(her sister is outside, but only during the day so far). hoping to find back her mother's smell, because she smelled lovely. (maybe you notice a bit of spidermite damage, and in that case you're right, I recently squashed some hiding on this plant's leaf. I squash them as soon as I see them, and I sprayed all plants too last week, but haven't been able to get rid of them completely yet. but I've had them for a few years now, and as long as I keep squashing them the damage is manageable)
official entry pic
View attachment 900788

and a premature pic, for a future entry, some seeds that just came off the plant and still need a bit of drying/rest to make them germ, but I'm expecting good things from them. View attachment 900789

and here, just for show, the older photo not elligible for entry. she's revegging a bit due to starting early, but she'll recover from that(and she is a descendant of duckfoot, hence the leaves).
View attachment 900794
@pop22 is working some duckfoot himself. Great looking strain!

Well fellas here is one of my entries! Black cream auto, day 32 as of 5/2/18. Germing my hindu kush seed as well to try and get her in the competition as well; we will see who represents as my numero uno!

Attachments

• 20180502_130923.jpg
    20180502_130923.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 76
My photo entry's, will be 3 strains, I got one Tennessee Kush by canna venture (Hawgsbreath X Alien Kush Fem.).... she's alredy about 16 inches tall.
And I'm about to germ Blackwater Fem.from cali connection.
And the one I can't wait to grow! Humble Pie (cherry pie X grandpas breath Reg.) from duneon vault genetics!
20180502_202019.jpg

Back