Hahaha, i never tried the beer but i heard a lot, may do so. How do you offer it to the snail? :haha:
I dig a small depression, (just deep enough for whatever bowl size you use), and place bowl with beer in hole, bout 1/2 full, Then just leave overnight and let the slugs party till the cows come home! I've used cool whip bowls in the past and you would be surprised how many find there way in there! :help:

quick diy trap :

20130602-211523.jpg
20130602-211702.jpg
20130602-211811.jpg

holes could be bigger i think ... so they fall in more easily :fire:

u can set traps ... but mainly by killing on sight ... in my parents garden ... my dad goes a round almost every morning collecting and killing

Wont work for me as i wouldve need a flying carpet to get to all my spots...

Thats the one,nasty buggers

Poslano sa mog SM-A300FU koristeći Tapatalk

Confirmative!

There is another way you can hold them off the crop. This was told to me by seebreeder Tao from TopTaoSeeds, you plant beans around your plat/spot. They grow fast and snail will eat them he told me. I got some and will try this method. Second is to plant some herbs that snail/slugs dont like. Like chervil, that really works.

Wont work for me as i wouldve need a flying carpet to get to all my spots...

Confirmative!

There is another way you can hold them off the crop. This was told to me by seebreeder Tao from TopTaoSeeds, you plant beans around your plat/spot. They grow fast and snail will eat them he told me. I got some and will try this method. Second is to plant some herbs that snail/slugs dont like. Like chervil, that really works.
I thought about planting 2 or 3 marigolds on the outside edges of each plant. I had to battle leaf biters last year and I hate using Azamax, but I have no idea if they repel slugs. :shrug:

Back