@912GreenSkell when you grow your melons do you just allow them to ramble up the rows..and do you Stop them..ie nip the tips out..or just let them go..?
from the way he ties his girls up... I'm gonna guess he likes to keep it neat

and which plant was the male?

Afternoon @mohawk warrior :bighug:

:naughtystep: Or he is just into bondage..?...:shrug:

Which male...?....do I need males to get melons..?
heheh well now that u mention it I'm almost sure you need to pollinate melons ... well watermelon at least.
but I was talkin bout the smoke

heheh well now that u mention it I'm almost sure you need to pollinate melons ... well watermelon at least.

:yoinks:

Watermelons must be pollinated in order to set fruit. Male and female flowers grow separately, the male flowers appearing about a week before the female flowers do. You can identify female flowers by the swollen base, which will turn into fruit once pollinated. Watermelons also have perfect flowers, with both male and female parts. In order for female (or perfect) flowers to grow into a proper, good-sized (7- to 10-pound) watermelon that is not lopsided, it must receive at least eight visits from pollinators such as bees.

I Have plenty bees....:headbang:

but I was talkin bout the smoke

You made me go check there....:coffee:..when I photod it looked like the pink had a seed..but I've had a root around and it doesn't look like it...
[HASHTAG]#nashira[/HASHTAG] is unbelievably sweet..surprised me...

I Like Sweeties..:biggrin:..maybe just the one pheno..I don't like to disturb them too much on the weekend when people might be about.

Fingers Taste Sweet too off her...:headbang:

I got some aubergines too....:coffee:..that must have got Lost in my English/Spanish translation...we don't are much for aubergines...but I suppose the chickens will like them..:d5:

Male and female flowers grow separately, the male flowers appearing about a week before the female flowers do. You can identify female flowers by the swollen base, which will turn into fruit once pollinated
[HASHTAG]#knowledge[/HASHTAG]
as for them nightshades ... you can always try to bread them and fry it... even a lasagna is an alright way to mask it.. I'm not a fan either

Back