Mephisto Genetics Organic "Green Sea of Change" 6 MG strains always changing

Good work with Nugs, she should be about done, yea .... any recent pics, how did the training go? I know that stain and it’s devilish, shS about 40ish, leaf tuck about it came out of seedling with a thick stem ... going to get me tape now,that I see method, thank you again, Sinse, you make me smarter!
I just love chatting with you MOB. Those are the finished pics of the Deez Nuggz. I feel the training was a success, and will do the same next time. I just will be even more aggressive with the branch bending part. Its hard for me to get used to these smaller MG plants. In my head, I used to consider any yield under a QP, a failure. The quality of these more than makes up for it, but I still feel I can do better next time around.

I used that same pony tailing tech on a 'Port and Stilton' that I just whacked yesterday. It worked really well. Pics to come after she is dried and jarred and I can give a finished yield number.

I do a similar lighting concept to you, where I use 'satelite' cobs, where a single cob for each plant is used. That cob can be raised or lowered to however I want it. I also give each plant its own side light cob as well. I feel this is partly how I get away without defoliating plants like the Deez Nuggz, and still get the stuff inside the canopy to finish. I also give my plants 1/4 turn twice a day, to take full advantage of the side lighting cob.
I currently am using 2 different color spectrum cobs, 3500k and 4000k. I used to only use 3500k. The 4000k not only makes the plants veg much better, I feel it makes flower better as well.
cheers
os

@Organic Sinse

Sinse, I gotta tell you, another great post .....

Agree with the raw compost into soil, thought worms need something .....

I mist the bins as well, I have flow thru bags - did once mist like crazy but then one day I tossed an old flour sack into a bucket of water, wrung ou kinda, and laid entire soaking wet towel over newly laid food, Karanja, neem, barley, leaves and horse compost - when I checked back the entire top was covered with worms, working under the cotton - within weeks the towel was gone as well but replaced with another ..... i now mist less .....

I have three bins and raise three types of worms, Red wrigglers, African Crawlers and Euro Crawlers .... they all like 65-80 degree soil and all three work at different depths, Crawlers deepest with reds surface and Euro middle .....

Been feeding them all same though but was thinking of starting up a new bin and focus on foods that would turn compost in high flower and do a bin for the nitro - just a thought.

Peace!

Attachments

• 132EBB24-02F6-4AF3-A80A-82E2DF91B8DF.jpeg
    132EBB24-02F6-4AF3-A80A-82E2DF91B8DF.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 51
@Organic Sinse

Sinse, I gotta tell you, another great post .....

Agree with the raw compost into soil, thought worms need something .....

I mist the bins as well, I have flow thru bags - did once mist like crazy but then one day I tossed an old flour sack into a bucket of water, wrung ou kinda, and laid entire soaking wet towel over newly laid food, Karanja, neem, barley, leaves and horse compost - when I checked back the entire top was covered with worms, working under the cotton - within weeks the towel was gone as well but replaced with another ..... i now mist less .....

I have three bins and raise three types of worms, Red wrigglers, African Crawlers and Euro Crawlers .... they all like 65-80 degree soil and all three work at different depths, Crawlers deepest with reds surface and Euro middle .....

Been feeding them all same though but was thinking of starting up a new bin and focus on foods that would turn compost in high flower and do a bin for the nitro - just a thought.

Peace!

I also raise 3 types, Euros, red wigglers. and what I believe are a native red composting worm. At the moment I am keeping the Euros separate, as I have been building their population, and trying to get them really figured out. Its a little easier to tell without the other species mixed in.
You are absolutely right on using different recipes to do different things. I do this a couple ways. In a tray unit, I label whether That tray is based in leaf mold or compost. The compost base, I always feel is higher N. That compost is built with the finest greens ranging from clover, comfrey, horsetail, dandelions, grass clippings, to alfalfa. The brown is always leaves, and on a trial basis bark nuggets (this is probably gonna be a permanent addition, and probably a 'break through' game changing addition) but I have to see how it looks in the spring.
The tray units are only fed the really good stuff, beyond the mix I listed a post back. Banana peels, melon and pumpkin rinds are about all that find there way in to the trays. If I am lacking the good stuff, they are fed 'layer crumbles'. Tea dregs from any soil drench teas are welcome, but I usually save those for my tote units.
The tote units, I do a little different. With a tote, I fill it 6 inches deep with mix, and then top feed 'layer crumbles, mist, and cover. Every so often I add another 2-4 inches bedding mix, and just continue the process. If I have something that I want to add on top of my soil, I get it into a tote bin and top feed it. In a bout a week or 2 its broken down and whats left is in the top area where it was fed. Then I just focus on collecting the top bit from the top, to top dress a container.
For example, if I thought I was going to run low on K when flowering starts (Based on a previous grow perhaps), I would start heavily top feeding my tote bin (one with red wigglers would be ideal), bananas and peels, about 3 weeks before flower. Then at a week before flower, I would harvest the very top inch or two of the tote, and top dress my plants. Instant K boost plus.
My system I have going now, pretty much covers all my bases, so I don't often have to try and do what I described. It is a great tool when needed.
The tech I described addresses the age old question of, "Why can't I just mulch with banana peels in transistion or flower". In theory it works, in practice it often attracts undesirable pests of many types. The worm bin fixes this problem. There are also many tricks to make the breakdown time even quicker. Chop the banana peels small, and freeze them before feeding to a bin, and you now have shortened the time to a couple days of worm processing.
Its all about planning ahead with the organics.
Once again, I love rapping with ya MOB. I could talk about worms and compost all day.
cheers
os

I skipped a couple plants making into this thread so I am backing up a couple.
I grew out a 'Forum Stomper', she went 87 days, she was 38" tall, and dry jarred yield was 186 grams of lovely buds. This was a super branchy girl. Seemed like there were literally twice as many as there should be. At the time, this was the whitest, frostiest plant I had ever seen.
Here is an upside down, hanging shot. Trying to show the super branchiness, and the frost.
A little bounty shot, with the sticker.
Since I am so far behind the ball on posting, I can offer a smoke report. FIRE. Not much cookie taste, but definitely grapey and I guess sour.
cheers
os

Here is another one I am behind on posting, I grew out a 'Fantasmo Express'. She went 76 days, which seems quick for a Sativa, I like that. She ended up 36 inches tall. Definitely had some fade and good color change at the end. Dried and jarred she yielded 191 grams of nugs. Once again, super easy grow. The bottom half trained out real nice, perfect in fact, and from the middle to the top she pretty much just did her thing.
This is right at harvest time.
The lower part really developed nice!
I removed the fans so I could get some good photos
Now you can see the lowers and mids a little better.
What a sweet cola at the top of this thing.
This one is still curing so I haven't tasted it yet. This is one of the strains that I have really been looking forward to trying. One of the very first MG strains I had ever heard of.
Cheers
os

I also raise 3 types, Euros, red wigglers. and what I believe are a native red composting worm. At the moment I am keeping the Euros separate, as I have been building their population, and trying to get them really figured out. Its a little easier to tell without the other species mixed in.
You are absolutely right on using different recipes to do different things. I do this a couple ways. In a tray unit, I label whether That tray is based in leaf mold or compost. The compost base, I always feel is higher N. That compost is built with the finest greens ranging from clover, comfrey, horsetail, dandelions, grass clippings, to alfalfa. The brown is always leaves, and on a trial basis bark nuggets (this is probably gonna be a permanent addition, and probably a 'break through' game changing addition) but I have to see how it looks in the spring.
The tray units are only fed the really good stuff, beyond the mix I listed a post back. Banana peels, melon and pumpkin rinds are about all that find there way in to the trays. If I am lacking the good stuff, they are fed 'layer crumbles'. Tea dregs from any soil drench teas are welcome, but I usually save those for my tote units.
The tote units, I do a little different. With a tote, I fill it 6 inches deep with mix, and then top feed 'layer crumbles, mist, and cover. Every so often I add another 2-4 inches bedding mix, and just continue the process. If I have something that I want to add on top of my soil, I get it into a tote bin and top feed it. In a bout a week or 2 its broken down and whats left is in the top area where it was fed. Then I just focus on collecting the top bit from the top, to top dress a container.
For example, if I thought I was going to run low on K when flowering starts (Based on a previous grow perhaps), I would start heavily top feeding my tote bin (one with red wigglers would be ideal), bananas and peels, about 3 weeks before flower. Then at a week before flower, I would harvest the very top inch or two of the tote, and top dress my plants. Instant K boost plus.
My system I have going now, pretty much covers all my bases, so I don't often have to try and do what I described. It is a great tool when needed.
The tech I described addresses the age old question of, "Why can't I just mulch with banana peels in transistion or flower". In theory it works, in practice it often attracts undesirable pests of many types. The worm bin fixes this problem. There are also many tricks to make the breakdown time even quicker. Chop the banana peels small, and freeze them before feeding to a bin, and you now have shortened the time to a couple days of worm processing.
Its all about planning ahead with the organics.
Once again, I love rapping with ya MOB. I could talk about worms and compost all day.
cheers
os

Ah the Old System ..... Foreman once said, kid you need a system for everything, never forgot that .... I’ve got 100s other ones if you got time .....

Strawberry Nugs imgrewnin first grow, December start, FFOF Grow that I goofed on, a lot .. we got only 55 dried from 5 gallon but she has given us enough of a taste we are Flippin salivating over this one being grown in LOS ....

You are light years ahead in your systems, most of life I’ve shot from the hip ...... thus I copied your posts, you make me smarter, thnaks .....

My experience as home owner was recycle, compost and put back into the soil what nature provides ..... I would on occasion bring in manure when I could find thru jobs we did but mostly leaves, coffee grounds, rabbit poop and things I would come across and lots of bark mulch - cypress or cedar or chips from tree butchers ...... I brought over 90 ton of rocks onto the acre of land over the years ..... etc .... beautiful yard, garden space, etc but no worm bin other than my piles I’d make in garden under straw bales ....

THEN I MOVED ........... to a Chemical Treated House so I’m in process of rebuilding this crummy red dirt and I started a worm bin for the garden and house, not for growing marijuana .....

Worm bins fit perfect into the LOS and my start of rebuilding is exciting, have some Russian Block14 Comfrey Roots coming .... Built couple sheds, took down some dead wood, have plenty of lhardwood leaves and manure / feed stores and mills to work with plus I’m learning about different plants such as comfrey, I never knew .... I just love to practice recycle and nature - Organics and had a green thumb .....

So when I saw your posts and the Organics, dude, I’m like this guy is killer, I’m showing wife ..... I love AFN.

Peace

Note tomato cages, mine are big ring on ground then narrow as they go up .... also check two old antenna being used as cages, actually one antenna cut in half .... Strawberry Nugs, monkey see monkey do .... didn’t have tape but pipe cleans work, so pipe cleaners .....

Attachments

• 561A7C2B-EEFE-4136-9081-D7B58E6A97CB.jpeg
    561A7C2B-EEFE-4136-9081-D7B58E6A97CB.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Ah the Old System ..... Foreman once said, kid you need a system for everything, never forgot that .... I’ve got 100s other ones if you got time .....

Strawberry Nugs imgrewnin first grow, December start, FFOF Grow that I goofed on, a lot .. we got only 55 dried from 5 gallon but she has given us enough of a taste we are Flippin salivating over this one being grown in LOS ....

You are light years ahead in your systems, most of life I’ve shot from the hip ...... thus I copied your posts, you make me smarter, thnaks .....

My experience as home owner was recycle, compost and put back into the soil what nature provides ..... I would on occasion bring in manure when I could find thru jobs we did but mostly leaves, coffee grounds, rabbit poop and things I would come across and lots of bark mulch - cypress or cedar or chips from tree butchers ...... I brought over 90 ton of rocks onto the acre of land over the years ..... etc .... beautiful yard, garden space, etc but no worm bin other than my piles I’d make in garden under straw bales ....

THEN I MOVED ........... to a Chemical Treated House so I’m in process of rebuilding this crummy red dirt and I started a worm bin for the garden and house, not for growing marijuana .....

Worm bins fit perfect into the LOS and my start of rebuilding is exciting, have some Russian Block14 Comfrey Roots coming .... Built couple sheds, took down some dead wood, have plenty of lhardwood leaves and manure / feed stores and mills to work with plus I’m learning about different plants such as comfrey, I never knew .... I just love to practice recycle and nature - Organics and had a green thumb .....

So when I saw your posts and the Organics, dude, I’m like this guy is killer, I’m showing wife ..... I love AFN.

Peace

Note tomato cages, mine are big ring on ground then narrow as they go up .... also check two old antenna being used as cages, actually one antenna cut in half .... Strawberry Nugs, monkey see monkey do .... didn’t have tape but pipe cleans work, so pipe cleaners .....
I love the 'inverted' tomato cages. I don't get why they all aren't made that way. I saw 4 at the feed store and bought em all. Hope they have more this year. The inverted ones are crucial for the giant tomatoes I grow in the summer. They looked to the pyramids, and designed ones that don't tip over by design. Just to one up me, Papa Sinse took the inverted design and made some real 'bomber' ones out of 'Re Bar' last year. I think they are triangles instead of hoops, but very sturdy. He even tacked on flat spots so he can pound then down deep in the garden, and pry them up with a lever at the same spot. I am going to fab up my own this year if timing allows. I want to actually cut the pieces and tack weld them in the pot, to get the exact dimensions and shape I need.
My style of everything, is definitely homeowner/chores driven style.
Always a pleasure chatting with MOB!
cheers
os
Those little strawberry nuggets and deez nuggz are trickey little suckers for sure. They ask for nothing from the gardener, except some training. Lots of training. Those are illuninauto packs, so one day, I will have these little suckers dialed in.

Nice job OS, that is some fantastic looking plants! :worship:

Love the knowledge your dropping in here. :d5:

So I've been doing organics all wrong for a while now. Trying to feed the plants and not the soil. It works, kinda, but I get no where near the results you do. So I'm trying to get on board with LOS. I very much appreciate your sharing. Can't really find any info on starting from scratch, so I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain occasionally. :pass:

Back