Grow Mediums One waterfarm, 2 autocobs, and a 150hps. Double Grape!

Day 59
Headed for the finish line in another week or so! Trichs are still mostly clear, but I am hoping they will cloud up soon. I reduced the nutes to 200ppm, and added Florakleen at 5ml/gal. Just a tiny bit of food, to keep her going this last week. Not yellowing yet, and I have been below 200ppm for 3 days now.
Amazingly tolerant plant. Feed her 1000ppm, gobbles it down. Feed her 200ppm, doesn't seem to care! I've grown strains that damn near fried from tiny nute changes. This one isn't picky at all.
Here's a few pics. Some with the COBs on, and some with the phone flash. Hairs are 50-60% brown, but that doesn't show very well in the pictures.
Thanks for following along!
KyleView attachment 884347 View attachment 884348 View attachment 884349 View attachment 884350 View attachment 884351 View attachment 884352 View attachment 884353 View attachment 884354 View attachment 884355

Looks great for day 59. Must have been well managed the entire grow. Good job man.

Looks great for day 59. Must have been well managed the entire grow. Good job man.
Thanks for the compliment! I am shocked at how fast she is finishing as well. It may run out to day 70, or so. I am always a bad judge of timing a harvest. I am watching and waiting with the microscope though. Looking for about 75% cloudy, with as little amber as possible, as I don't want the couch lock, if I can avoid it.
I am trying something different, in an attempt to purple her up. I tucked my seedling heat mat under the insulation on the waterfarm, so I can keep the water temps up at night, while lowering the tent temp to 65ish degrees. I know thats dropping in to the bud rot zone, so I'll only do it for a couple of nights. If it doesn't work, no loss. I do like purple though!
Regards, Kyle

real impressive growin,nice job :thumbsup:
:pighug:
Thanks Archie! By the way, you ever have a plant skip the cloudy trichomes, and go straight from clear to amber? This one seems to be pulling that trick. Brown pistils, fully swollen calyxes, and a thick coating of clear trichomes, with about 5-10% amber, and a few cloudy... Any thoughts?
Regards, Kyle

theres been a couple of times i was gonna chop a plant looking at trichs in the cupboard under growing light.when i took the plant out of the cupboard and looked again,not nearly as many ambers as i thought.
have heard some say some autos wont amber up,but i chop really at 1% amber.never heard of them skipping cloudy though allways a first.
:pighug:

Ok, thanks. I'll see if I can get some pictures with my phone and microscope and post them up. It's a frustrating task, but I've pulled it ocf a few times...
Regards, Kyle

Day 65
Well, tomorrow is day 65, and chop day. I love the way this plant turned out, even though the trichomes are confusing me a bit. Mostly clear, and a lot of amber. Very few cloudy. I ain't waiting around for more cloudy, at the risk of more amber!
I have to go by what my eyeballs are telling me, and they are saying "Done!" LOL Even the lower buds, that normally would be popcorn for the hash pile, are solid little nugs, that look fully mature. I'm happy about that, for sure.
I'll get some harvest pics tomorrow, with the usual dry weight at the end. Guesses are welcome. My money is on 8.5 ozs. Whadda ya think?
Regards, Kyle
Best.JPG
Best1.JPG
Best2.JPG
Best3.JPG
closeupJPG.jpg
Popcorn.JPG

"20 feet of Double Grape"
That's my answer to the yield question, for now. That's 5 rows of string, 4 feet long, full of hanging buds. I might, finally, after 9 years of growing, have broken the GPW mark. I have my fingers crossed on this one!
Damn, this was a monster of a plant. She's down and hanging, as I try to get the humidity up to a tolerable level. RH was about 15% in the RV, so the humidifier is on the job now, trying to get up to 40 or 50%, if possible.
If I have to, I will cut and jar them a little early, or try the paper bag trick. Whatever it takes to avoid a nasty quick-dry.
I'll update with final numbers, but here are a few harvest pics for now.
Thanks for following along so far!
Kyle
IMG_20180404_140138488.jpg
IMG_20180404_140121531.jpg
IMG_20180404_113840587.jpg
IMG_20180404_113826333.jpg

Jarred everything up today, after only 3 days hanging. I kept the humidity in the tent at about 45%, but could not get it higher. Buds aren't quite stem-break dry, but I have done this a few times, and had amazing results. I'd rather err on the side of slightly damp, than too dry.
Smells amazing, even as raw as it is, and the barely-dry test bowl I had tonight was stupifying, to say the least.
I should have an accurate final weight in another few days, with a smoke report after a couple weeks in the jars.
Thanks for looking,
Kyle

Back